Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 05:22 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No they're not......they're sent to other countries for slaughter. Then we act like we treat animals humanely! I keep up on horse rescue sites, including wild horses, disgusting what people say and the grief they cause to those who rescue these horses.
You rescue wild animals... those that are free range...

Ok then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 05:42 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
No they're not......they're sent to other countries for slaughter. Then we act like we treat animals humanely! I keep up on horse rescue sites, including wild horses, disgusting what people say and the grief they cause to those who rescue these horses.

The story these people give "there are no longer wild horses left." they actually think these wild horses have been bred by domestic horses and the "wild horse" is gone. This is untrue, their is a wonderful lady out of Oregon who speaks for them and tracks them........don't let Harry Reid and people like him lie to you!!!!

I wonder if this money is the amount it cost to catch the horses and haul them off to slaughter. I don't see why it cost this much money, to mange horses that are out in the middle of NO where.
I knew the word was slaughtered. I also knew that would offend some sensibilities. Instead I unintentionally offended yours.

I think some of the money is used to pay farmers/ranchers for damages done by the animals when they go off BLM lands to private.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
you!!!!
I wonder if this money is the amount it cost to catch the horses and haul them off to slaughter. I don't see why it cost this much money, to mange horses that are out in the middle of NO where.
Keep in mind that they do round-ups, pen them, and then have to feed them.

All of this costs money.

At the same time there are wild horse advocates who are trying to save the horse from the BLM and the government. The BLM fights them at every turn! Why? Because they make too much damn money with their scam!

Fortunately, some of them are starting to win!
Return To Freedom – Appeals court rules for wild horse advocates in 2014 Wyo. roundup case, Oct. 14, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I think some of the money is used to pay farmers/ranchers for damages done by the animals when they go off BLM lands to private.
...and you would be completely wrong. The BLM shut down Madeleine Pickens who has spent over $25 million on the property, which is home to at least 700 mustangs. They actually shut off water to a section of land that had her drinking pond causing 50 or so horses to die of thirst.
http://www.paulickreport.com/horse-c...ang-sanctuary/
Aren't those loving government agents great! Trust me, they were BLM thugs who did this.

Well worth a read to understand the scam that is the wild horse slaughter program:

The Ultimate Betrayal

The slaughter of horses for human consumption is a grisly reality that few are aware of. Yet over 100,000 American horses are slaughtered each year to be served as a delicacy in Belgium, France or Japan. Betraying an animal that has served humankind in so many ways flies in the face of our most cherished values.

Return To Freedom – Horse Slaughter

More good links:
http://protectmustangs.org/
https://wildhorseeducation.org/
http://www.wildhorsepreservation.org/
http://castletonranchhorserescue.org
http://www.wildmustangs.com/
http://www.wildhorsesanctuary.org/
https://returntofreedom.org/

Bet I did more research in the last few minutes than the op did at all.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-06-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-06-2017, 06:07 PM

289 posts, read 145,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How many kids can we educate with 80 million? Why do Democrats hate kids?
Haha. Exactly.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 PM

39,872 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:

The story these people give "there are no longer wild horses left." they actually think these wild horses have been bred by domestic horses and the "wild horse" is gone. This is untrue, their is a wonderful lady out of Oregon who speaks for them and tracks them........don't let Harry Reid and people like him lie to you!!!!

Horses are an invasive species. They are a non-native animal with few natural predators. Feral horses have, in many cases, overpopulated the land, destroyed grasslands and native vegetation and crowded out native wildlife. Like most invasive species, something needs to be done to control their numbers and manage their impact on the environment.

Face it, many horse owners buy them on a whim and can't even commit to taking care of their domestic horses for their ~25 year lifespan. Many are shot and buried every year when owners realize what the cost to take care of, and can't find anyone to take them. Something needs to be done to manage the population of these feral ones as well. The exploding population isn't touched by the handful of people that adopt or rescue them.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 01-06-2017 at 07:42 PM..

Old 01-06-2017, 07:34 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So the Republican Congress brought back the Holman Rule, which gives them the power to reduce federal employee salaries at will in order to essentially defund anything. Interestingly the initial goal was to defund care for wild horses on public lands.

Rep. H. Morgan Griffith (R-VA), a member of the House Freedom Caucus, told the Washington Post that he brought the Holman Rule back out of disapproval for an $80 million federal program devoted to caring for wild horses on federal land in the western United States. He said he wants to see the rule applied strategically to slash funding for that type of program, which he deems wasteful, but also acknowledged that lawmakers now have the “power” to cut large swaths of the federal workforce if they so choose.

Fed Employees Wary Of New Rule Allowing Congress To Cut Their Salaries At Will

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/holm...ederal-workers
This will make America great again.

I am an idiot with a single-digit IQ, and it is perfectly clear to me that gutting social programs and federal funding will have zero negative impact on my life.

It will be so good I won't even need to butter my toast in the morning. That's how much more freedom-y it will taste.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
I think that there are a good many social programs that need to be revisited. Do they do what they are supposed to do? Is there a better way?
Head Start is 1 such program that fails to deliver.
In the case of wild horses. Maybe we should be asking actual Ranchers for a good approach?
We are 20 trillion in debt. We need to be cutting out any and all waste.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

I am an idiot with a single-digit IQ, and it is perfectly clear to me that gutting social programs and federal funding will have zero negative impact on my life.

It will be so good I won't even need to butter my toast in the morning. That's how much more freedom-y it will taste.
How does this particular program enhance our lives? How will defunding it impact our lives?

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post

Well actually, I'm a genius with a 160+ IQ and so based upon the content of your post I can't really believe you. Your IQ is probably more around 85ish if it makes you feel better.

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Why don't we just EAT all the excess Horsies..................HORSE STEW, YUM!

I don't believe horses are an endangered species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies