Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I just thought of this...

Trump essentially OWNS the weed states.

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.

Nope!

He already said that is a states right gig, and I'll take him at his word on that. He has much bigger fish to fry at this point. Pot is so low on the list it's underwater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 07:09 PM

626 posts, read 381,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Nope!

He already said that is a states right gig, and I'll take him at his word on that. He has much bigger fish to fry at this point. Pot is so low on the list it's underwater.
Yea I think he is more focused on heroin overdoses in the Midwest/Northeast...

Still, art of the deal would tell him he's got big-league leverage here folks

Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
I'm a terrible human being for stating a fact, that Trump has some leverage over weed states... got it.

And you wonder why your side lost...
How exactly do you think he is going to wield that leverage? And what do you think will happen as a result?

Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

At the turn of a hand he can have Sessions and the rest of the wonderful team he established shut down the weed shops, taking away a major revenue source for blue states (which they use to fund their handout programs to turn themselves blue in the first place.)

I wouldn't be surprised if weed-legal states become a thing of the past by the end of January.

But.... Sessions is a big 10th Amendment guy and separation of powers person. I'm sure he will be looking hard at the US Constitution to see if we the people gave them the federal government to have a say.

When he represented his state, he had a say. Now, he will have to dig deep into the US Constitution, to twist words to make it so.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:14 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
You do realize they are breaking federal law right?

You ok man?
You some kind of big government authoritarian?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
How exactly do you think he is going to wield that leverage? And what do you think will happen as a result?
Again...

I'm just stating a fact, that Trump has leverage. If I knew what he was gonna do (he might not even use it) then I would tell you.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
You some kind of big government authoritarian?
You do realize if they are breaking federal law then he can shut it down? Regardless of your opinion or my opinion.

Why do I keep have to explain this...

Old 01-10-2017, 08:35 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Putin > Trump > Sessions > Weed

Vodka on the rocks anyone?

Old 01-10-2017, 08:50 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
Quote:

I don't think Trump is going to do anything in regards to social issues. I don't think he cares at all about weed, lady-boys using women's bathrooms, or even abortion. He did what he had to do to win the Republican Nomination, but now that he's president, he'll go back to not giving two ****s about any of that stuff. I don't think the guy is even religious in the slightest LOL.

Also, the weed shops aren't really that big of a revenue source to be honest. I live in a "weed state," and the only people I know of that go to dispensaries are tourists, or people that don't really smoke dope. Most real stoners still buy it from a dealer, or we just grow our own. I would actually go as far as to say that the grow shops pull more revenue than the weed shops here in WA. If they were smart, they would be taxing the hell out of lights, and nutrients not just weed.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:54 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
I don't think Trump is going to do anything in regards to social issues. I don't think he cares at all about weed, lady-boys using women's bathrooms, or even abortion. He did what he had to do to win the Republican Nomination, but now that he's president, he'll go back to not giving two ****s about any of that stuff. I don't think the guy is even religious in the slightest LOL.

Also, the weed shops aren't really that big of a revenue source to be honest. I live in a "weed state," and the only people I know that go to dispensaries are tourists or people that don't really smoke dope. The rest of us still by it from a dealer, or we just grow our own. I would actually go as far as to say that the grow shops pull more revenue than the weed shops here in WA. If they were smart, they would be taxing the hell out of lights, and nutrients.
Legal cannabis out sold booze in both WA and Colorado. To say they aren't that big of a revenue source is just silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies