Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:47 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times

Advertisements

The CIA has apparently decided to go rouge against the United States, based on recent fake news reports on CNN, NBC and elsewhere. Today at 11 AM Donald Trump will have a press conference.

What should Mr. Trump do about CNN? Should it be credentialed?

What about January 20th, Langley has decided to go rouge leaking nonsense to a sympathetic press trying to discredit the new administration. Should everyone at Langley be put on infinite unpaid furlough, or only the leadership? Should security clearances of all current CIA officers, and all retired CIA employees be removed. Should they be barred from any form of lobbying?

Should Clapper be prosecuted for treason? He has already admitted to lying before Congress while under oath. What level of depravity can a top security agency have, before it is gutted?

Should press, hostile to the United States, be put on the no fly list? Many are very wealthy and can take private jets wherever they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 06:51 AM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc should all be classified as fake news and we move on...

They should not be credentialed, should not be given the time of day.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Defund the CIA and as for CNN just make sure it recieves no public money and leave its future to the marketplace.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Oh, how do you solve a problem like John Brennan?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?
When I'm with him I'm confused, out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am
Unpredictable as weather, he's as flighty as a feather
He's a darling! He's a demon! He's a sham!

Old 01-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, how do you solve a problem like John Brennan?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?
When I'm with him I'm confused, out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am
Unpredictable as weather, he's as flighty as a feather
He's a darling! He's a demon! He's a sham!
That was lovely, thank you so much. The NAZI issue implicit in the song was a great touch.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Defund the CIA and as for CNN just make sure it recieves no public money and leave its future to the marketplace.
Probably a good idea, but the CIA and FBI should see heads rolling imo.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
It's a dangerous business reigning in the CIA and getting them back working for the United States. But its got to be done. Start weeding out the bad ones and the corrupt ones and start from the top. They're a mess. Likewise the FBI and the Justice Department.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
They need to clean house at the CIA and FBI, they should have done it back in the bush administration after the 9/11 fiasco and the false intelligence on WMDs in Iraq and on and on. Nobody respects Americas intelligence agencies anymore

Old 01-11-2017, 11:29 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, etc should all be classified as fake news and we move on...

They should not be credentialed, should not be given the time of day.
It's funny how they try to bully the indie outlets out of the market by calling them not "credible."

Reality is the little guys, who actually want careers, have more incentive to be accurate than the majors. Most are basically echo chambers at this point. When you throw in all the party ties it really is a major concern.

Black Lives Matter is 'fake news.' How much did that influence the election? Social climate in the country?

Edit: Point being multiple agencies knew what was going on.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:30 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I would love to see Comey lose his job. He is a dirtbag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies