Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 05:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Loving your neighbor applies at every level. It is a very central teaching of Christ, second only to the message of salvation.

The passage speaks about all people, not nations as whole, which is why it says "he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats".

Does it make sense that you are judged based on your nationality? No, you will be judged based on your deeds.
Matthew 25
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 05:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... no actual "sanctuary" in Churches. Got it.
It would not make sense every church would take the same exact measures. Common sense.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:02 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It would not make sense every church would take the same exact measures. Common sense.
So... as I said... no actual "sanctuary." Just vanity declarations.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Matthew 25
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Loving your neighbor applies at every level. It is a very central teaching of Christ, second only to the message of salvation. Even Christ himself called it the 2nd greatest commandment.

Nations = people. If you check other translations, you'll see they use "people" in place of "nations". As a matter of fact, most of them say "people" in "he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."

No one will be judged, or saved, based on their nationality. Faith is very much a personal choice.

Enough of Bible verses since it will result in mods moving this the "Christianity" board, which is a place where people go to rave against Christianity. Its hard to watch.

It is issues like these, and verses like Matt 25 why many, if not most, Christians used to vote Democrat. It was not until abortion entered the picture when GOP was able to take over the Christian vote.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:27 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
What would have Jesus done about this?
Jesus was a refugee who fled the aggression of his homeland in a more peaceful, neighboring country.

King Herod sought to kill the Christ child and Joseph took Mary and their baby and they fled to another country, Egypt, outside of Herod's domain, and they remained there until it was safe to return to Judah.

Matthew 2:13-15
13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
End human trafficking. Return all victims to their homeland.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they want to turn into flop houses for illegals, fine. But those illegals will not be able to ever leave those churches. Are the churches sure that's what they want? Is it legal for them to house people in a building not constructed (e.g., insufficient bathrooms for housing people), zoned, etc., to do so?

Also, simple matter for ICE to wait outside for the illegals to step outside. Even once. Boom. Arrested. Deported.

Seems the religious leaders are just gathering sitting ducks. Not too smart. /SMH
Are you at all familiar with ICE and its' procedures? From this post I'm going to say you are not.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Law-breaking is not a central tenet of Christianity.

Or maybe you think it's okay to go and loot your local church.

As for loving your neighbor, that doesn't mean it's okay for him to break into your house without your permission and make himself at home.

By the way, how many illegals have you taken in?
LOL!!!! Yes, Jesus was the ultimate follower of the law.

As for the rest of your post? I'm not answering it because it is COMPLETELY clear that you've not a CLUE what you are talking about when it comes to Christianity.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:15 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Eliminate their tax free status and prosecute them for aiding and abetting criminals. Same with the city council and mayors of "sanctuary cities".

Old 01-13-2017, 07:19 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
So the churches are going to break federal law if need be? What kind of "churches" are they?

Exactly! They are in direct conflict of God's teachings. He said to obey the laws of the land, not break his Ten Commandments and not take from others what doesn't belong to you. Never thought I'd see the day when churches would take positions that are contrary to God's teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies