Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 09:41 AM

15,669 posts, read 10,447,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You can put lipstick on a pig, and he is still a pig. (Didn't Palin say that ? ) Trump may have that name on the desk in the oval office after next Friday, but [Trump] certainly is never going to be President to at least half of America.

I have a feeling that once his true colors and motives start to surface it will be a lot more than half the country who do not like him.
Do you honestly think half of Americans didn't think the same of Obama, that he didn't represent half of us? Half of us didn't like Obama, agree with his policies.....agree with him on anything. Did you see Republicans throwing fits in the street? Did you see the majority of the MS press or individual Republican Congress members overtly trying to delegitimize his election by the voters?

Progressives are such sore losers. I am more happy with my Trump vote everyday. The actions by the Leftist mobs and Lewis have given new meaning to the word deplorable.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 01-14-2017 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 09:44 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,639,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Trump tweets.
Lewis's district contains one of the most powerful and influential cities in the country, with booming growth, numerous F500 companies, some of the most affluent zip codes in the southeast and some of the best universities in the country. Not to mention a plummeting crime rate and huge investments in infrastructure. Trump, once again, speaks out of his ass. Prior to the recession, he wanted to put his name on a massive condo development here. Thankfully, we don't have that marring our skyline.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
Same thing for my comments, put on your big girl pants and scroll on past. What's your point? Oh you don't really have one?
I made my point and it still stands.

Quote:
Trump tweets.
While Trump avoided the draft due to a 'bone spur' and then announced to the world that avoiding a STD was his own 'personal Vietnam" ~ John Lewis was being arrested, beaten and jailed for daring to stand up for civil rights.

And even Republicans know it.

Get your petulant child off twitter because he will be impeached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Once again, Trump hit the nail on the head.
Trump is a man of action and he's already done more in the past 2 months to bring businesses back here than "O" did in 8 years.
What has he done other than take credit for the work of others? I will grant you ~ he IS mighty good at that.

And the lemmings fall for it every time.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:55 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,364,066 times
So Ringo.... you won't give Trump ANY credit for Ford's decision to not move jobs to Mexico?
And some of the other good news we have had?
Trump has put big business on notice that we are watching their moves. He has changed the tone of thought. He's gotten the ship pointed in a different direction.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:58 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,300,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

While Trump avoided the draft due to a 'bone spur' and then announced to the world that avoiding a STD was his own 'personal Vietnam" ~ John Lewis was being arrested, beaten and jailed for daring to stand up for civil rights.

And even Republicans know it.

Wtf has Vietnam or this beady eyed **** marching somewhere 50 years ago have to do with his asinine statement of Trump being illegitimate?

Nothing.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Wtf has Vietnam or this beady eyed **** marching somewhere 50 years ago have to do with his asinine statement of Trump being illegitimate?

Nothing.
My response has to do with Trump's asinine tweet that includes the childish, petulant words 'all talk and no action."

That described Trump but it does NOT describe John Lewis.

Tell me, what does your ******* represent?

Old 01-14-2017, 10:08 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,300,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
My response has to do with Trump's asinine tweet that includes the childish, petulant words 'all talk and no action."

That described Trump but it does NOT describe John Lewis.

Tell me, what does your ******* represent?
Duck but I went throughthis with another race is everything person and no not every ***** is a racial epithet ****wads.

Especially when it is four of them. Not the six you want it to be.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:09 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,619,116 times
Doesn't John Lewis say this about EVERY Republican (or at least throws some subtle digs about racism)?

Suck it up Liberals, you're out of power in less than a week.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,619,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Doesn't John Lewis say this about EVERY Republican (or at least throws some subtle digs about racism)?

Suck it up Liberals, you're out of power in less than a week.
For at least the next couple of years, the GOP will own everything, good or bad.

It'll be SO amusing to see them squirm as they overreach their "mandate." Their attempts to shut down govt ethics offices to cover their prez-elect's backside is just the tip of the iceberg. We're in for a very entertaining run.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:19 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,619,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
For at least the next couple of years, the GOP will own everything, good or bad.

It'll be SO amusing to see them squirm as they overreach their "mandate." Their attempts to shut down govt ethics offices to cover their prez-elect's backside is just the tip of the iceberg. We're in for a very entertaining run.

What does this have to do with John Lewis' improper use of the word "illegitimate"?

Keep people in your party under control!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies