Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 06:05 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
He really needs to get it under control. But I must say, it's a tactic that works with a lot of people. I think I might try it.

Next week, the next time someone in my office comes into a staff meeting and tells me that they didn't like the way I handled X account, or they criticize my past presentations/meetings, I'm going to tell them that my isssues and shortcomings don't matter because your's are bad too, maybe even worse, so go away and don't try to make our department any better or stop any mistakes. I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!
" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"

Trump IS THE BOSS!

So, if someone in that meeting called you a racist and are not fit to work here, you would just sit there with your mouth shut and take it?

If you say you would, I wouldn't WANT you as an employee of mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:30 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,972,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"

Trump IS THE BOSS!

So, if someone in that meeting called you a racist and are not fit to work here, you would just sit there with your mouth shut and take it?

If you say you would, I wouldn't WANT you as an employee of mine.
^^^doesn't understand how government works. Typical of Trump cultists.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:47 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Pretty much.

The EC was put in place to ensure the less populated states would have say in things and to prevent just exactly what happened.

In less than a week, we will have a president that got in on a technicality and only about a third of the country approves of.

Governing without the consent of the governed is a tough row to how. It isn't helping matters that Trump keeps shooting himself in foot, stopping only long enough to reload.
The rest of us often wonder what Color the Sun is - in your world.

The EC did it's job - the less populated States all voted and Mr Trump WON 74 more Electoral Votes than Clinton.

The "technicality" you refer to is call the US Presidential Election and Mr Trump WON 5 States that Obama WON and Hillary Clinton ignored. She was a very, very Flawed Candidate with no message other than "Trump Bad & anyone who votes for him is an Irredeemable Deplorable & Non-Patriot. The Democratic Party is decimated after 8 years of Obama - That's not speculation or rhetoric -- that's a FACT. There are now only 15 States with Democrats for Governors, the Senate and the House are in GOP hands, over 1,000 seats/positions LOST by the Democratic Party and only 5 State Legislatures remain in full control by the Democrats.

The Citizens didn't JUST vote only for Donald Trump .... they voted all across the USA for Republicans.
That's not 1/3 and it's not a "technicality"

Old 01-15-2017, 06:54 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Lewis's district contains one of the most powerful and influential cities in the country, with booming growth, numerous F500 companies, some of the most affluent zip codes in the southeast and some of the best universities in the country. Not to mention a plummeting crime rate and huge investments in infrastructure. Trump, once again, speaks out of his ass. Prior to the recession, he wanted to put his name on a massive condo development here. Thankfully, we don't have that marring our skyline.
Does John Lewis represent those zip codes? Do the zip codes that John Lewis represents have "booming growth, numerous F500 companies and some of the best universities in the country". Do they have a "plummeting crime rate and huge investments"? OR are they the poorest, crime ridden zip codes in Atlanta?

Tell us all the great things that John Lewis has done for the zip codes that he Represents.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:54 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
No Trump voter here but, well, he SIMPLY is President (or will be). In the end, all that matters is the inauguration. And that the American people support the end game.

JFK became President even though that election may well have been delivered by Daly. Johnson became President only after an assassination. Ford only because Nixon resigned (and Ford wasn't even elected as Vice President). Bush's election was disputed and came down to those infamous hanging chads (though subsequent full recounts showed that he probably would have taken Florida). It's the process and respect for the institution that should matter most in the end.

So, yeah, calling Trump a non-legitimate President is idiotic (deepening political divisions). Likewise, it's equally idiotic for Trump to keep pushing back against Russian interference in the election (alienating the intelligence community). I doubt that Russian interference was definitive but even if so - it does not matter at this point. There's no redo.

I agree that Russian interference - assuming any at all - would likely not have tipped the scales since what was exposed through WikiLeaks was already believed to be true (Hillary team cheating and attempting to steal the election) before it was verified by the Podesta e-mails.

I also don't think the illegally leaked Trump tax return did the damage the leakers hoped it would because it's just common sense to take advantage of every tax break available.

The help Hillary got from Ukrainian officials, CNN, etc. also seems to have fizzled.

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire - POLITICO

Old 01-15-2017, 07:02 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Only about a fourth of eligible voters voted for Trump and only about a third of Americans approve of him at the moment.

All the crybaby-snowflake-get-over-it jabbering does not change the fact that Trump does not have the support of the majority of Americans.

Democracies are based on honest elections/consent of the governed.

What is unclear about this?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:04 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Only about a fourth of eligible voters voted for Trump and only about a third of Americans approve of him at the moment.

All the crybaby-snowflake-get-over-it jabbering does not change the fact that Trump does not have the support of the majority of Americans.

Democracies are based on honest elections/consent of the governed.

What is unclear about this?

Are these "approval ratings" as accurate as all the polls leading up to election night? Let me know.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:08 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Are these "approval ratings" as accurate as all the polls leading up to election night? Let me know.

Are you saying that the current approval ratings are incorrect?

Are you maintaining that the Trump does have approval of the majority of Americans?

Old 01-15-2017, 07:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,736,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I don't see John Lewis a legitimate congressman supporting the values of America and he has the company of others in congress just like him. FH
The only reason he has a job is because he is still cashing in on one event 50 years ago. When does that well run dry??? Lewis is an idiot who would be mopping floors somewhere if not for that.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 AM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Are you saying that the current approval ratings are incorrect?

Are you maintaining that the Trump does have approval of the majority of Americans?
Are you saying the polls leading up to election night were correct? Are you maintaining that the there was no way Trump was going to win?

The MSM sets the tone. Doesn't mean it's the fact. Just as we saw on election day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies