Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,345,295 times

Advertisements

America knows Trump isn't a legitimate President, that's why they are protesting all over the county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 01:45 PM

59,381 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"

Trump IS THE BOSS!

So, if someone in that meeting called you a racist and are not fit to work here, you would just sit there with your mouth shut and take it?

If you say you would, I wouldn't WANT you as an employee of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump isn't the boss. All branches of the government are separate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He isn't over Congress. They are all equal. I'd be careful making accusations if I was you.
If you are going to chime in try following the thread FIRST and you will keep from making a fool of yourself, maybe.

" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"" was a made up example story by a poster to make a point.

I responded that in THIS case Trump IS the boss.

Congress was NEVER mentioned.

Sometime you act like a 3 year old.

You constantly pull things out of the air that have NOTHING to do with subject being discussed ONLY to divert the conversation.

How childish!

Old 01-15-2017, 02:15 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,694,669 times
The true mark of childish behavior lies in the obviousness of the barely contained rage of a two year old. Trump, and many of his avid supporters, seem afflicted with this kind of behavior simply for the fact of their life long habit of having things going their way. I'm really amused at the thought of this billionaire man-child and his tweeting vitriol, at the very least we as Americans should hold our leaders to what we all know is an acceptable framework of public decorum.

Trump's bellicose belligerency is speaking volumes, way beyond the 140 characters of his tweeting limits, why he wants to pander to the lowest mentality in the land is beyond me. Obama, for all of his faults, had a poised and collected manner to his public appearances, intellectually on top of things, knowing his boundaries, speaking articulately, yes, I had my differences with him but on the whole he could demonstrate his intelligence, something the Don seems incapable of. Real estate, is that the background we desire when we choose our person who will sit in the White House? Is being a billionaire going to become the new criteria for American political leadership? Is public crassness becoming an admired trait, why is Trump finding it so difficult to deal with a situation of his own making??

Old 01-15-2017, 02:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He's right on the money. What has he done for his district except to keep them feed, housed and voting democrat? He's a complete failure.
Indeed.

Lewis loves that Democrat Plantation.

I'd like to see him try and win a state wide election. Say for US Senator.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:29 PM

51,674 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
I don't see John Lewis as someone who is thinking straight. Trump won the election fair and square and according to the process laid out by the Constitution. Lewis is pandering to his childish, immature base who can't accept that they didn't get what they wanted.
From what I can tell, John Lewis views Russian interference in the election as not coming under the heading of "fair and square." He's believes this is wrong.

Some view Comey's public announcements just days before the election on the investigation of Clinton's emails (which turned out to a big bunch of nothing) while keeping mum about the investigation of Russian involvement as not being "fair and square."

Many are quite comfortable with this business of Russia and the FBI putting their thumbs on the scale.

Others, such as John Lewis, are not.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,858,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
People are falling all over themselves to defend John Lewis, the same civil rights icon who compared Michael Brown to Emmitt Till and the black lives matter movement as the new civil rights movement. Why doesnt anybody really look at Birmingham, Selma and black urban areas all over the country in the post civil rights era?

Selma is the eighth most dangerous city in the country. A new study has named Selma. Alabama’s most dangerous city. and the eighth most dangerous city in the country, with a violent crimes per 1,000 rating of 13.70 and a property crimes per 1,000 rating of 105.05.

Study: Selma is Alabama's 'most dangerous city' - Yellowhammer News

Birmingham, long a place that has hovered near the top of nationwide crime rankings, notched the 5th spot in violent crime, property crime and overall crime among large cities in the latest batch of crime statistics released by the FBI.

4 Alabama cities in FBI's Top 100 crime list; Birmingham No. 5 | AL.com

John Lewis's Atlanta landed at No. 14 in the nation for its rate of violent crime when the Federal Bureau of Investigation released statistics last year that applied to 2015.

other places are probably worse

Detroit,Chicago,Oakland,Memphis,Camden, New haven, Milwaukee,St louis, Kansas City,New Orleans, Buffalo, Baton Rouge,Pittsburgh, Jackson, Baltimore, Newark?

The decline of black neighborhoods, hopeless inner cities, the break down of the black family in post 1960s america, out of wedlock rate for african americans and on and on with the failures of civil rights movement/great society/war on poverty and welfare programs and the reality of post 60s life in alot of urban america

Why is calling out John Lewis on the whole debacle of civil rights movement/great society/war on poverty and welfare programs a bad thing

FBI Top Ten Most Dangeroud Cities

St Louis
Detroit
Birmingham
Memphis
Milwaukee
Rockford
Baltimore
Little Rock
Oakland
Kansas City

The most dangerous cities in America

Old 01-15-2017, 02:37 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,340,436 times
Quote:
If you are going to chime in try following the thread FIRST and you will keep from making a fool of yourself, maybe.

" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"" was a made up example story by a poster to make a point.

I responded that in THIS case Trump IS the boss.

Congress was NEVER mentioned.

Sometime you act like a 3 year old.

You constantly pull things out of the air that have NOTHING to do with subject being discussed ONLY to divert the conversation.

How childish!
Trump is NOT the boss. Any Congressman can call him a racist. A booger eating moron. A clown. Whatever they want and there isn't a damn thing Trump can do about it.

Anyone can outside of people he appoints or perhaps work for him directly. In this case he is not the boss.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:46 PM

59,381 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Yes sir but "black flight" is rarely discussed. A real pattern of the black middle class abandoning the inner cities which is their right but it shows how fake all this race stuff is. Garbage like blm gives middle class blacks and whites a way to appear involved when most of these urban areas are a huge result of black middle class leaving and the breakdown of families
just look at the Landover/Largo section of Prince George's county in MD right out of D.C.

It is one of the richest black areas in the country.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:50 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,540,117 times
Quote:
" I'm sure my boss is gonna love this!"

Trump IS THE BOSS!

So, if someone in that meeting called you a racist and are not fit to work here, you would just sit there with your mouth shut and take it?

If you say you would, I wouldn't WANT you as an employee of mine.
The USA has 3 branches of government. Trump is not the boss of the congress. He's going to have a major meltdown as he learns this the hard way. When the Republicans in congress don't do what he wants, it's going to get very entertaining.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:06 PM

73,139 posts, read 62,835,394 times
Quote:
just look at the Landover/Largo section of Prince George's county in MD right out of D.C.

It is one of the richest black areas in the country.
Check out Cedar Hill,TX and DeSoto,TX

Affluent African-Americans Flock to DeSoto | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

//www.city-data.com/city/Cedar-Hill-Texas.html

//www.city-data.com/city/DeSoto-Texas.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies