Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 03:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times

Advertisements

Of course the Race Huckster was wrong about Bernie Sanders, but he was trying to get Hillary Clinton elected. Of course Lewis was proved absolutely wrong on that.

i.e. He will Say and Do anything for political reasons regardless of whether it's true or not.

John Lewis Gives Misleading Statement on Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton - Breitbart

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/stat...34499166511104

(Lewis's only claim to fame seems to be that he was beaten by some racist Democrats in 1961)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 03:27 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,677,642 times
I know a person who grew up in my current neighborhood in the Bronx. (I've been in same neighborhood for 10 years!). She's been in Birmingham since 2002. She loves it. Loves the lower cost of living and housing.

A person I grew up with in Brooklyn has been in Mobile for about 20 years! He wouldn't come back to Brooklyn if he had the choice! He, too, loves Mobile!

Old 01-15-2017, 03:33 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I know a person who grew up in my current neighborhood in the Bronx. (I've been in same neighborhood for 10 years!). She's been in Birmingham since 2002. She loves it. Loves the lower cost of living and housing.

A person I grew up with in Brooklyn has been in Mobile for about 20 years! He wouldn't come back to Brooklyn if he had the choice! He, too, loves Mobile!
What parts of Mobile and Birmingham?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:00 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,681,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The USA has 3 branches of government. Trump is not the boss of the congress. He's going to have a major meltdown as he learns this the hard way. When the Republicans in congress don't do what he wants, it's going to get very entertaining.
This coming conflict between Trump, the man accustomed to everyone around him tail wagging at his command, and those in his own party who loath him, may just be the hidden achilles heel in his eventual failure to lead America into anything, with the exception of being the laughingstock of the world.

The one shining light in his presidency will be those in the party who will teach him the lessons Dad Trump never gave. He will, possibly for the first time in his life, be told what to do, and this is not going to be a smooth transition for the Don, but it's the tumultuous road ahead that he really has coming. There are some very tough Republicans, and this man-child needs to get the spanking he was spared, for so long.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:33 PM

78,460 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
From what I can tell, John Lewis views Russian interference in the election as not coming under the heading of "fair and square." He's believes this is wrong.

Some view Comey's public announcements just days before the election on the investigation of Clinton's emails (which turned out to a big bunch of nothing) while keeping mum about the investigation of Russian involvement as not being "fair and square."

Many are quite comfortable with this business of Russia and the FBI putting their thumbs on the scale.

Others, such as John Lewis, are not.
OMG that is some of the most heinous irony I've ever read. What did they leak that hurt Hillary? Um....her cheating at the elections and screwing over Bernie Sanders with dirty dealings and debate cheating.

The hubris or complete ignorance required to turn around and complain about interference and "fair and square" is hillarious. Especially because by all accounts they didn't release anything untrue, they just made Hillary's cheating public.

This has reached McCartyism levels, have you no shame?

Get caught cheating and blame the people that released the info and even blaming your rival because they benefited when people found out you'd cheated?

WTH.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:45 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,986,342 times
...and you expected different?....

Old 01-15-2017, 04:46 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...and you expected different?....
People claim he is a "civil rights" icon. Shouldn't we except better from such icons?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,860,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5
Aren't you guys sick of this nonsense? Get.Over.It. He is legitimate....
But he really isnt as he didnt FAIRLY WIN!!!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
It is funny, many republicans still do not see Obama as legitimate even today but they want everyone to bow down and acknowledge Trump as being legitimate right now. Oh the irony.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:24 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
John Lewis: 'I Don't See Trump as a Legitimate President' - NBC News

Not sure if this is only after today's meeting with Comey.
As far as Lewis: consider the source, his remarks are nothing more than the trash he spews forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies