Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 03:46 PM

312 posts, read 268,632 times

Advertisements

1. He's Black
2. Young
3. Became the first senator to testify against another's nomination to a cabinet post (also known as his 2020 "coming out" party for the nomination)
4. Very cozy with Obama

If there is one thing I have learned from House of Cards (I get it, its a TV show, but a pretty damn accurate one at that), establishment backed nominees are selected years in advance. And based on the fact that the Dems re-elected Pelosi as House Minority Leader because "Democrats aren’t looking for a new direction," I could see the democrats continuing down the same path of identity politics (race in this case).

What do you think?

In my opinion, it could be genius or backfire. Part of why Trump won was because he wasn't an establishment backed candidate and he didn't play identity politics, where gender or race was considered a qualification. So I could see this backfiring, especially if Trump accomplishes what see says he will.

BUT, part of what killed Hillary was the fact that African Americans were not enthusiastic about her. That is part of why she lost PA and MI (black voters in Philly and Detroit didn't turn out in the same masses as they did for Obama).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
I don't know or care enough to speculate, but I was kinda surprised either he or one of the Castro boys wasn't picked at least for Hillary's VP this go 'round. Nobody ever heard of that creepy guy she picked, and honestly, I can't think of his name now. He gave everyone the heebie jeebies.

You might be right, though. I really think they'll go with someone more volatile, such as Eliz Indian Chief Warren, but Cory might make a run for it.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
I've always liked him when I've seen him interviewed, and thought he might run one day. I don't know enough about him and his policies to say more than that.

But I think it's going to be a while before a black candidate is elected again.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Very little chance. Progressives hate him.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the candidate. Him being gay would be a real plus for the far left too.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:31 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
He's being groomed to be the next Obama. But with all this division Trump caused, I think Michelle Obama or a democrat will be in office by the summer. Trump isn't really the president.

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the candidate. Him being gay would be a real plus for the far left too.
This is a joke, but he probably is gay. The first gay president of the modern era will NOT be single.

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He's being groomed to be the next Obama. But with all this division Trump caused, I think Michelle Obama or a democrat will be in office by the summer. Trump isn't really the president.

Lol

Old 01-14-2017, 04:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
1. He's Black
2. Young
3. Became the first senator to testify against another's nomination to a cabinet post (also known as his 2020 "coming out" party for the nomination)
4. Very cozy with Obama

If there is one thing I have learned from House of Cards (I get it, its a TV show, but a pretty damn accurate one at that), establishment backed nominees are selected years in advance. And based on the fact that the Dems re-elected Pelosi as House Minority Leader because "Democrats aren’t looking for a new direction," I could see the democrats continuing down the same path of identity politics (race in this case).

What do you think?

In my opinion, it could be genius or backfire. Part of why Trump won was because he wasn't an establishment backed candidate and he didn't play identity politics, where gender or race was considered a qualification. So I could see this backfiring, especially if Trump accomplishes what see says he will.

BUT, part of what killed Hillary was the fact that African Americans were not enthusiastic about her. That is part of why she lost PA and MI (black voters in Philly and Detroit didn't turn out in the same masses as they did for Obama).
He may run but he won't win.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:41 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,849 times
Well, as they shown before and now that they're delusional enough to make such decisions, that might just happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies