Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:32 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,050 times

Advertisements

Unlike Obamacare, the GOP plan will be one simple sentence: ''If you can't afford it, you can't have it''.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is no replacement healthcare plan, for Republicans the repeal of Obamacare is all about delegitimizing any and all accomplishments by Obama during his tenure as President,you want healthcare? you are on your own with Republicans in charge.
Exactly. If the right wing could, they would bring Osama bin Ladin back to life, just to discredit Obama.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Obamacare was no accomplishment. It was another government fiasco based on an insane promise that you could further subsidize demand, let people sign up for insurance after they got sick and still control costs.

Ya got a pre-existing condition but still able to work? Get a job with health insurance like most of us Americans do.

Can't work? Check out Medicare.

You can also purchase cancer and other types of insurance relatively cheaply.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Unlike Obamacare, the GOP plan will be one simple sentence: ''If you can't afford it, you can't have it''.
I have got it for 300 a month despite both my wife and I being in our 50's with pre-existing conditions.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:47 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
I'll refer to Nancy Pelosi on this...

"We have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what's in it."

Old 01-15-2017, 05:48 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
It's hidden under his tax returns!

Old 01-15-2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have got it for 300 a month despite both my wife and I being in our 50's with pre-existing conditions.
I'm single and I get mine through work. My sister and her husband are retired in Texas. She has not complained about costs there.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I'm single and I get mine through work. My sister and her husband are retired in Texas. She has not complained about costs there.
Exactly, there were options before Obamacare, and still are, for those with pre-existing conditions. That usually meant you or your spouse had to work.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:53 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is no replacement healthcare plan, for Republicans the repeal of Obamacare is all about delegitimizing any and all accomplishments by Obama during his tenure as President,you want healthcare? you are on your own with Republicans in charge.

^^^^ This is precisely the situation. Trump and the GOP are so Hellbent on getting rid of everything Obama, that they are simply going to repeal Obamacare and they have nothing figured out yet to replace it. I really feel sorry for the millions of people who depended on it and also those who have pre existing conditions. They are probably going to suffer the worst.

This is no different than everything else Trump did during his campaign.......he spouted all these great promises, but had no plans or programs to back them up. Anytime he was asked HOW he was going to do something, he basically said "I'll tell you when the time comes, trust me !"

Well, I don't trust him.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Same reason Democrats never allowed Republicans to read their plans before voting on it... remember Pelosi? The plan is finished and no details will be leaked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies