Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 AM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

they only had one --Rand Paul and was rejected-- they do not have an alternate-- the game it to kill Obama's plan nothing more - let the insurance companies be capitalistic and sell you insurance-
you got that??- capitalism! let them duke it out- the very poor have medicaid old have medicare - move along--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 06:43 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
For the love of God, the guy hasn't even taken office yet, give them time to get the plan finalized. You'll get the details. Were you this angry when the Left completely kept everyone in the dark about Obamacare?

Get a grip.

Yes because I am not a partisan. I do not blindly follow either party

Old 01-15-2017, 06:43 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
For the love of God, the guy hasn't even taken office yet, give them time to get the plan finalized. You'll get the details. Were you this angry when the Left completely kept everyone in the dark about Obamacare?

Get a grip.
If anybody was in the dark about Obamacare, it was because they had their eyes closed. That bill was debated, talked about on the news, posted on websites...

Trump and the Republicans are clear they plan to repeal and replace ACA right off the bat. Trump says he has a plan. Republicans have been working on this for years now. Surely, they have a plan.

HSA and tax credits are non-starters. They really only work for higher-income workers, most of whom already have company or government funded health insurance.

So what's the plan?

Old 01-15-2017, 06:44 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.
Oh, please. Not even Obama knew what was in the final ACA legislation. Remember this? "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

Nope. Not included in the final ACA legislation at all.

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I hope you people who depend on Obamacare or Medicaid are paying attention. Republicans just got in office and their sights are on the middle class and poor. You don't see them fooling with corporate welfare do you? Wake up! Don't watch Republican news either. (FOX)
Odd. I seem to recall the top 1% wealth dramtically increased under Obama's 8 years. This all happened while people on food stamps (the poor) exploded.

Who do you think took it in the shorts with the passing of Obamacare. I'll give you a hint...THE MIDDLE CLASS.

Got anymore stellar comments to share on the subject?

2,499 posts, read 2,627,569 times
And Snake who blamed Trump not me the R legislature killed ACA not Trump yet.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:48 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Ocare is imploding and collapsing on it's own. Did Dems ever try and put together something with the help of Repubs to fix it?

I think not.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:50 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
And Snake who blamed Trump not me the R legislature killed ACA not Trump yet.
Sorry. The ACA is collapsing on itself. Would the Left prefer we just let is go down in flames before trying to fix it??

Old 01-15-2017, 06:58 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,113,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?

Well, as Nancy Pelosi stated, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it.”

Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ocare is imploding and collapsing on it's own. Did Dems ever try and put together something with the help of Repubs to fix it?

I think not.
Republicans refused to modify anything about the ACA.

Their goal was not to develop a workable plan for America, but to make Obama a one-term president and to see that Obamacare failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies