Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 11:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They aren't releasing it until April 1st

At least one person got it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 11:19 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not sure what you are rambling about but the bottom line is that Pelosi did INDEED say that very sentence and the democrats did INDEED force Obamacare through Congress with very little thought and with no compromising. They OWN Obamacare, and Obamacare is going away.
Yeah, and trump did INDEED say he could put his hands in women's lady parts without their permission. Did anybody take that out of context?

Old 01-15-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is no one still knows aspects of Obamacare. Remember the company mandate?

The other fact is no replacement for Obamacare is needed.

I have a pre-existing condition. My wife is a diabetic. We are both on the wrong sider of 50. I have BCBS insurance for about 300 bucks a month that beats about any Obama plan.
Just because you got lucky in that you were either covered before the diagnosis, or you have an employer who provides coverage without regard to pre-existing conditions (and can carry that insurance into retirement if you haven't already)... doesn't mean that other people have not benefited from obamacare, and don't need some protection from the health insurance industry.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Obamacare was no accomplishment. It was another government fiasco based on an insane promise that you could further subsidize demand, let people sign up for insurance after they got sick and still control costs.

Ya got a pre-existing condition but still able to work? Get a job with health insurance like most of us Americans do.

Can't work? Check out Medicare.

You can also purchase cancer and other types of insurance relatively cheaply.
Quote:
I have got it for 300 a month despite both my wife and I being in our 50's with pre-existing conditions.
And, how much does your employer kick in for their share? You are comparing apples and oranges. Many, many people can't get it at all thru work, or can't afford the plan the employer offers thru work. Try getting private insurance before obamacare with pre-existing conditions. And, if you find a company willing to let you get it from them, good luck finding an affordable plan.

Old 01-15-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans refused to modify anything about the ACA.

Their goal was not to develop a workable plan for America, but to make Obama a one-term president and to see that Obamacare failed.
How many times in the last 6 years have the republicans voted to repeal - not fix and not replace - repeal and repeal only. Now they need to come up with a plan. Although, apparently their plan is to repeal... and think about replacement later. After all, tomorrow is another day!

Old 01-15-2017, 12:05 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
Quote:
Ya got a pre-existing condition but still able to work? Get a job with health insurance like most of us Americans do.
Less than half of Americans are insured through employer provided group plans.

Quote:
Can't work? Check out Medicare.
Age of eligibility for Medicare is 65. Perhaps you meant Medicaid? That was expanded under ACA for exactly the purpose you are suggesting. But if they repeal ACA, that will no longer be an option. Are you sure you understand what it means to repeal ACA?

Quote:
You can also purchase cancer and other types of insurance relatively cheaply.
So-called cancer insurance is supplemental insurance. It used in addition to an individual policy such as an ACA exchange policy. So first you need the basic policy.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Republicans refused to modify anything about the ACA.

Their goal was not to develop a workable plan for America, but to make Obama a one-term president and to see that Obamacare failed.
Didn't answer my question. What did Democrats introduce to change or replace Ocare?

Dems want Trump to be a zero term President so you guys need to stop complaining about the 1 term comments. Every party wants the other to be a 1 term.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:11 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'm not sure what you are rambling about but the bottom line is that Pelosi did INDEED say that very sentence and the democrats did INDEED force Obamacare through Congress with very little thought and with no compromising. They OWN Obamacare, and Obamacare is going away.
Pelosi's comment was based off the comments such as the death panels and all of that other nonsense.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:02 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1995 View Post
Can we discuss the topic? We already know republicans don't like Obama and democrats don't like republicans. No need to state the obvious

What kind of healthcare plan would you like? What do you think of Ryan's or Rand Paul's plans? What do you think we should do with people with expensive conditions like diabetes or cancer? How about those people who get catastrophic policies and suddenly develop an expensive condition? Should they be allowed to switch plans to get coverage or should they pay those expenses?
"Can we discuss the topic?"

Tell that to the poster I responded to first.

There a couple of hundred draft plans around.

I haven t read any of them, it is waste of time.

Eventually, very soon, 1 plan will be presented.

Amendments will be proposed.

it will be parts of ALL those plans.

I will read the FINAL version when it become available.

" What do you think we should do with people with expensive conditions like diabetes or cancer?"

Just as in life insurance, the youngstesr pay more because they have more accidents, you do more dangerous things like sky diving for instance or smoking etc. you pay more.

if you have pre existing condition you should pay a little more because it is going to cost more to provide for you.

Some will say that is not fair.

They need to learn one of the facts of live, live is NOT FAIR.

Some have suggested vouchers and Health Savings plans.

Many on here are against them and have not explained why.

I attended a seminar some years ago on HSP. They made sense to me but, I dont'y know enough about them.

Insurance is insurance.

You take your gamble and roll the dice.

If you didn't buy enough and later need it that is YOUR problem, not mine.

My top choice would be a state plan like the federal govt has.

The state sets a basic mandatory coverage that all health companies have to carry.

They may offer as many "additional" overages, catastrophic, cancer, dental, vision, etc. as they wish.

All prices are made public.

Once a year you can change your options or company.

Employers CAN contribute to your costs.

ALL people of that state are eligible to purchase from ANY of those companies.

It creates competition among the carriers which in turn keeps the rates down.

People who are not of child bearing age should NOT be required to carry maternity coverage, smokers pay more etc.

States could even co-op with other states to create a larger pool which through competition could reduce prices even more.

I hope that answers most of your questions.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-15-2017 at 01:25 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 01:06 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Maybe they'll have to pass it first before we know what's in it? Sorry, but you walked right into that one.

Seriously though, I'm concerned about what's going to happen...Obamacare in concept was terrible but in execution it was a complete turd and is going to fail whether it's changed or not....so here we are today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies