Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 03:11 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
You sure can tell when a democrat posts, no awareness of whats going on. All of the information is posted on several different Republican's web sites. Stop trying to find excuses to complain and do some research.
The good guys don't plan on just trashing the obamacare pile of garbage without a much better plan ready to go...
You are going to love it, but of course you will have to pretend to hate it to please your leftie friends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 03:35 PM

924 posts, read 752,389 times
"Sec. 102. Election of Tax Credit Instead of Alternative Government or Group Plan Benefits
 Allows individuals to opt out of Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, and VA benefits and receive tax
credit to purchase personal health plan instead. "

This part I'm very much in agreement with, although I'm not sure how it would be implemented.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:39 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
If they had known "what is in it", there would have been even more opposition to Obamacare than there already was.
There was a lengthy debate. Lots of negotiations and compromising with Republicans to gain their support. All for naught, as it turned out.

As I recall, many wanted a Medicare expansion and went along with ACA in response to Republican opposition.

In any case, it's water under the bridge. Forward ever.

What's the new plan?

Old 01-15-2017, 03:44 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,653,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Their plan- stay healthy or die
It's more like eat smart, exercise, and drink the Kool-aid.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:50 PM

14,952 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh my, I'm 56 years old, I really, really, really hope I don't lose that maternity care insurance I was forced to buy. <sarcasm>
I'm well past childbearing age, and I really never minded paying for across the board coverage for conditions that will be encountered by other policyholders even if I won't. I always thought that's the way insurance coverage worked, I might pay for someone's maternity coverage, or treatment for prostate cancer, and they might pay for my glaucoma treatment, and so on.

I did have to question the reasons for the requirement to include children's preventative dental coverage on our healthcare policies, though, as traditionally there were dental insurance coverage for that, which I would have to purchase if I wanted my teeth covered by insurance. And I never thought the requirement for insurance companies to cover contraception with no premiums or copays did anything but add to the cost of coverage for all policyholders. IMO contraceptive coverage should be covered the same as any other medication, or procedures, with copays and deductibles. I'd think doing this would lower the cost of premiums to every policyholder by shifting more of the cost of these services to those who use them.

I also think bringing back more limited, lower cost coverage such as catastrophic plans, hospitalization only plans might motivate young, healthy individuals who would otherwise not buy complete coverage insurance because of the expense, and because they believe they don't need it.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:56 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Sorry. The ACA is collapsing on itself. Would the Left prefer we just let is go down in flames before trying to fix it??
" “The law is collapsing.” “We’ve got to rescue people from the collapsing of this law,” Ryan said. He didn’t specify what he means by “collapsing,” but by almost any measure of enrollment and cost this generalization has no basis in truth. Enrollment in private plans offered through the ACA exchanges for 2017 is running well ahead of the figure for 2016. Last year about 11 million people signed up for exchange plans; this year the total is projected to be 12 million. That’s not counting enrollees under Medicaid expansion, who number about 11 million."

Here are the lies Paul Ryan told about Obamacare during his town hall meeting - LA Times

Old 01-15-2017, 03:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is no replacement healthcare plan, for Republicans the repeal of Obamacare is all about delegitimizing any and all accomplishments by Obama during his tenure as President,you want healthcare?
If Obama wanted a legacy, then he should have helped the States create their own universal plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The Republicans have had six freakin' years to come up with a plan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
When you spend 8 years railing against something, you would think they had something in mind.
Republicans are neither legally nor constitutionally obligated to provide a replacement for the Orwellian-named Affordable Care Act.

Let us know when you can provide an argument that is not based on emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
= 20 million + with no healthcare.
Another fallacy. Healthcare and health plan coverage are not the same thing.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:07 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Passed without a single repub vote. How is the ACA working out today? Perhaps they should have listened to their counterparts on the other side of the aisle instead of forcing it through.
Well, if you would watch something beside Fox News you would know that there are a lot of people that like Obama care...But I guess you can't tell something to a know it all..

Old 01-15-2017, 04:17 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
So the party begins with the R's dismantling of the ACA, and when their corporate masters decide the course forward-- the Republican brain trust will be allowing us a look at (their notion) of what's good for us. Politics in a democratic society which harbors the likes of American insurance carriers, will naturally be influenced by those carriers, not to mention the myriad of other corporate interests that have ruled over government for decades.

As long as we allow the insurance corporations to meddle in any government driven health care plans, we will get the corporate version every time. Regardless of which party sits in the White House. Governments by and for the people are supposed to listen to what the people want. We'll see how this pans out when "the other side" tells us, instead of us telling them, how our health care should be administered. It's the same corporate masters---ruling a different political party. I won't be holding my breath as the Trump's circle of billionaires---attempt to make America great again!!

Old 01-15-2017, 06:45 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why can't the GOP release details of their new health care plan?"

Only an ignorant person would ask that question.

The GOP has NOT formulated a new final plan yet.

They have hundreds of proposed plans to go through.

When it is finalized, we ALL will see it.
Yep, and we can only hope that we learned a lesson from the whole "you have to pass it to read it" thing, and can actually get a feel for what it is before it is passed. Would be really horrible if history repeated itself on the other side of the aisle, now, wouldn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies