Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:49 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,349,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it.

Karma is a..... you know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 01:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,564,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" hint: the election is over.."

You should tell THAT to all your buddies on here who haven't STOPPED whining and complaining since the election.

While you area at it send Lewis a memo.

"even though mr stinky fingers grab-em is going to be the embarrassment-in-chief for a while."

No more so then you with this comment.

Isn't it funny, he is being "trashed" for using locker room talk by people like YOU USING LOCKER ROOM TALK!

Oh, the hypocrisy
!
Locker room talk for a President is simply wrong. It shows disrespect, it shows lack of language skills, and it sets a bad example for children.

I'm assuming you have a lower threshold for locker room talk in teachers, priests, fast food servers? Why not the highest office in the land?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:06 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
"because you have to pass it to know what in it"
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:21 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Obama did not tell us until he was in office and the Majority of the DNC did not even read the bill. So I hope we have a more thoughtful roll out on this National Health Plan.

Top Points:
Cost
Availability
Access across state lines
Tort Reform to off set the liability of doctors.
Keep preexisting condition.

Just a few points?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:24 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here we go again.

Pelosi was not talking about the final ACA legislation, but the Senate's initial version of the bill.

As ACA was entering the final stretch, opponents were rattling on how ACA was all about "death panels," abortions, being a "job-killer," ... yada, yada, yada.

The Senate had not yet passed a bill, and until they produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up, debated, and reconciled with the bill passed by the House, the process was at a standstill.

Pelosi pointed out that the Senate would need to actually vote for a bill so that everyone could see what was included in their version and what was not.

Just to be clear, Pelosi was talking about the initial Senate version of the bill and how it was all pure speculation at that point. No one knew what the Senate bill would actually contain until the Senate actually voted on it.

I realize this is a difficult concept to grasp. But I'm willing to repeat it as often as necessary.
Oh, now, don't **** on their oft-used ACA meme. I see them use it everywhere and I just let them have at it. No use talking to a wall, you know?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:28 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,977 times
Just like their fearless leader "aka" Donny Twitter - they got nothing! - and to quote their leader - GOP Is All Talk and No Action!

Old 01-16-2017, 01:50 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Oh, now, don't **** on their oft-used ACA meme. I see them use it everywhere and I just let them have at it. No use talking to a wall, you know?
I realize we have moved into a post-truth area when it doesn't make any difference what is true, only what you believe is true -- truthiness, Colbert calls it. Others call it "fake news."

I don't yet understand how we are to make decent decisions moving forward if we are basing these decisions on lies.

I know it's no longer fashionable to try to stick with the truth, but I do what I can.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:05 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Locker room talk for a President is simply wrong. It shows disrespect, it shows lack of language skills, and it sets a bad example for children.

I'm assuming you have a lower threshold for locker room talk in teachers, priests, fast food servers? Why not the highest office in the land?
"Locker room talk for a President is simply wrong"

For GOD'S sake get your head out of your ARSE.

This happened MANY YEARS AGO.

Hell, he isn't even President yet and you are accusing of doing something as President.

And I hate to break tour tender little bubble but, I have heard, MANY TIMES, women talking a whole lot worse "locker room talk" then what is reported on Trump.

So quit being so sanctimonious!

Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Locker room talk for a President is simply wrong"

For GOD'S sake get your head out of your ARSE.

This happened MANY YEARS AGO.

Hell, he isn't even President yet and you are accusing of doing something as President.

And I hate to break tour tender little bubble but, I have heard, MANY TIMES, women talking a whole lot worse "locker room talk" then what is reported on Trump.

So quit being so sanctimonious!
Just to address this, PE Trump was not engaging in Locker Room talk. I think we heard from several people who spend a lot of time in locker rooms that they don't really say those things to that degree of craziness. Oh, we've all heard the "Man, she's got a nice <insert your favorite body part here>" or "I'd love to blankety-blank with that guy.>

Boasting to an entertainment reporter that you can pretty much grope a woman's private parts (and they like it) because you are rich, a TV reality star, or heck even an athlete, goes beyond normal locker room talk. Sure the "trash talk" is what people seem to do with those closest to them; however, I am more surprised at the level of misogyny in that boast versus the fact that he discussed it. You don't see the difference?

Also, have you ever been sexually harrassed/assaulted by someone more powerful than you? Someone who if you tried to fight them, you knew you'd surely lose against or be more humiliated that you already are? Probably not. These woman may put on an air of liking it, but most of them smile just so they don't cause trouble. Then they go home and take a long shower and try to move past it.

I will say about the younger millenial generational women of today in the workplace: they are MUCH less likely to tolerate this BS than women of my age had to do. Now if that's improving in the entertainment world, I have no idea.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:21 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
you mean like how the democrats laid out ACA before they passed it?

like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies