Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 04:12 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times

Advertisements

What is the point of protesting the inauguration?

In regard to the politicians: They're selfish individuals.

Those democrat politicians don't understand, that they were elected by the people. It's their job and obligation to take part in the peaceful transfer of power. People remember. And those not attending the inauguration for petty reasons, will be suffering losses when their election time comes up.

In regard to the protesters in the street.....they have nothing else to do but whine and complain.
Which reminds me....have the bikers started their trek across the U.S. to attend the festivities yet? Their presence should scare the "dickens" out of those loser protesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Freedom of Speech...allowed to protest civilly and peacefully anywhere/place/time you want...It's the United States of America.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:14 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
He got 2.8 million votes LESS than hillary, it was grossly unfair!!!
1-800-cry-waah

Old 01-19-2017, 07:50 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You realize the same thing could be said about Obama right? Or, about any other president for that matter...
That caricature thing? Nope. The rest? Of course.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

Those democrat politicians don't understand, that they were elected by the people. It's their job and obligation to take part in the peaceful transfer of power. People remember. And those not attending the inauguration for petty reasons, will be suffering losses when their election time comes up.

In regard to the protesters in the street.....they have nothing else to do but whine and complain.
Which reminds me....have the bikers started their trek across the U.S. to attend the festivities yet? Their presence should scare the "dickens" out of those loser protesters.
A good many of them wanted to poll their constituents and they used those polls to determine their attendance. I doubt this will affect any of them at all. Trump is highly disliked. Maybe it doesn't look like it here on CD P&OC because this group skews older and conservative but the country isn't all "Yay, Trump!" no matter what is posted here.

The number of election protests WORLDWIDE is huge.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post

The last I heard, the bikers have arrived in D.C., some 2000 strong (maybe more, I don't know).
Also, the planned police, Secret Service, and National Guard presence is to be very strong.
It will be an interesting day. I might even watch parts of the shindig.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And your vote carries exactly the same amount of weight as people in large population areas. No less, but certainly no more, as the poster I was responding to was suggesting.
EXACTLY and that's why the popular vote means nothing if it doesn't jibe with the electoral vote. Thankfully the election process was designed so EVERYONE had a voice not just the large population centers. I don't understand why you don't get that very simple concept.
To put it so simply a 3rd grader could understand it, the framers figured out that without the electoral college places like CA/NYC would control every election rendering other states votes worthless.
While you might like that it isn't the way things work.

I do have to wonder, if CA/NYC were conservative bastions instead of liberal ones and ALWAYS voted Republican would you still be here whining?

Old 01-19-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
The last I heard, the bikers have arrived in D.C., some 2000 strong (maybe more, I don't know).
Also, the planned police, Secret Service, and National Guard presence is to be very strong.
It will be an interesting day. I might even watch parts of the shindig.
I wonder if they'll be able to see all the candles from the space station, oh wait, those will be MORONS lighting themselves on fire...

Old 01-19-2017, 01:08 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder if they'll be able to see all the candles from the space station, oh wait, those will be MORONS lighting themselves on fire...
IMO, suicide is a protected right. Let them burn, so long as they don't try to spread the fire around.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
IMO, suicide is a protected right. Let them burn, so long as they don't try to spread the fire around.
Actually Suicide is illegal in most states, the penalty is life in prison. The penalty for attempted suicide is hanging...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies