Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 12:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
thats compeltely false.
You now better than to say that.

I hope.

Quote:
The states - through the electoral college - elect the president and vice president and Trump/pence won the majority of states' electoral votes. It's a fact not matter how you try to spin it.

He also won the vast, vast majority of state voting precincts and counties.
And lost the vote by 3 million.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 01:07 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Cannot disagree with that.
Just saying it did not start over Slavery. It started because States did not agree with the federal law being enforced on them.

Today we have universities, cities and even entire states, declaring the same thing, over different circumstances and objectives.
Agreed, the biggest BS factor of the idiots wanting to secede is the morons were declaring it illegal not long ago when Montana and Texas were talking about it. Now they change their mind? Hey, I don't mind people who have a certain belief, even if it is directly counter to mine as long as they stick to it, but these lying pieces of filth and their hypocritical ways, they disgust me, they are not even honorable enemies, they are despicable trash that deserve no quarter.

Yeah, so... I guess I don't like them too much. /shrug

Old 01-16-2017, 01:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
And lost the vote by 3 million.

What did that get you?
I don't even think that came with a participation trophy.
You may want to check into that to see if yours is lost in the mail.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
What did that get you?
Trump in the WH.

He was right when he was whining about "a rigged system."

But he hasn't cried about it for the past two months.

Quote:
I don't even think that came with a participation trophy.
You may want to check into that to see if yours is lost in the mail.
It's the Trumplings who are participating in the glory of his big victory.

I anticipate a very entertaining Trump term.

It's like he's a bowler and the whole alley is set up for him to roll a strike. He's got both houses of congress and soon the supreme court on his side.

He better not throw a gutterball.

The whole world is watching.

Is he a choker?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
More like someone with the temperament of John Wilkes Booth.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
It sure feels like it.

The whole feel and vibe is 1860 once again, with 50% at the throat of the other 50%.

Remember what happened in 1861.

Could we see Reconstruction of the Blue States, with Federal replacement of their state legislatures and governors, because they refuse to abide by the US Constitution.
I thought only children get this giddy.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:47 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
It sure feels like it.

The whole feel and vibe is 1860 once again, with 50% at the throat of the other 50%.

Remember what happened in 1861.

Could we see Reconstruction of the Blue States, with Federal replacement of their state legislatures and governors, because they refuse to abide by the US Constitution.
That might be the weirdest twist I have ever seen anyone do with American History....no, Trump is no where near as smart as Lincoln, nor are we in the same situation as what Lincoln was dealing with at the time, to even suggest that is laughable....

So if nothing else, thank you for the laugh. It made my day.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

(Trump) lost the vote by 3 million.

Just for openers, we don't know whether (or how) part of that three million might be illegal aliens, registered by the Democratic machine under questionable circumstances.

And at any rate, the electoral vote (which was challenged, examined, and confirmed) is what matters here.

Repeat as necessary:

Clinton lost through her own mistakes ...

Old 01-16-2017, 02:07 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Just for openers, we don't know whether (or how) part of that three million might be illegal aliens, registered by the Democratic machine under questionable circumstances.
Sort of like we just don't know whether there actually is a video of Donald Trump's "party" in Moscow.

See how that works?

Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 PM

979 posts, read 490,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

And at any rate, the electoral vote (which was challenged, examined, and confirmed) is what matters here.

Repeat as necessary:

Why do you guys have to resort to making excuses with no proof, there was not 3+ million illegals voting in that election, there wasn't even a million illegals voting in that election, therefore Clinton did in fact win the popular vote. This is just a fact, regardless if you are willing to admit that to yourself or not.

Yes, Trump won the electoral college by a handful of votes in key states, that is where Clinton lost through her own mistake.

These two points are points that we should all be on the same page about because they are both factual information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies