Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 08:58 AM

34,297 posts, read 15,738,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
For goodness sakes man.... Grow up!
Your personal attack confirms the need for a pat on the head but I can't stoop that low. Keep digging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 08:59 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,464,672 times
Maybe the cuts will fund the new healthcare. I hear it might be a public option.

Old 01-19-2017, 08:59 AM

35,845 posts, read 21,244,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I honestly don't have any experience working with whatever it is you're talking about so IDK.

But, why do we need to build an unsustainable bubble around other people? I've had to fight my way through the private sector, and I don't begrudge government workers in the aggregate, but sometimes you lose your job and you find another one. Nobody is out there requiring private sector employers to retain employees solely because they're the little guy.

Did we always think the Endowment for Humanities would always keep people employed?

Moreover, many State governments are hiring right now, if it's the benefits/stability you're looking for. My State has new positions posted almost every week now.

People should not lose their jobs every 4 years because a new president moves in- think about it- it's a huge mechanism that needs attending to and empty seats do not keep the helm steady- most employees do 30 years- they know their way around where these new- "TOPS" have NO clue even what GS- or ERO or CBP I-148 means- is that what you really want ?
Most employees started as military and move around in the different agencies- because they do change-remove and compile agencies over time. Intel/ cyber security and anti-terrorism safeguards have become a huge factor- in almost every agency. Go ahead and deplete those who sit in those seats.
What I will agree with is they should hire in-house and do away with the very costly contractors-

Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 AM

25,842 posts, read 20,787,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So how many Federal workers will lose jobs because of this move?
Will they be transferred to other depts?
Will Trump take credit for costing any of these employees their jobs?
Unlikely.

Despite all whining to the contrary, Trump's supporters will applaud more WalMart jobs - you know, the same sorts of jobs that they condemned Obama for "creating" - and will ignore the loss of good, well-paying jobs because revenge or something.

Remember all of the crying over higher energy bills?
They won't.
As Trump's oil, gas and coal buddies receive carte blanche to act like Enron in California, they'll just wave their hands and chant "but Carrier."

I am well and truly convinced that they want wholesale destruction and don't care who suffers for their selfishness.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:06 AM

76,966 posts, read 47,841,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted byphma The screams and hair on fire behavior coming from the violent and hateful left signals an end the zombie hoard rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Your personal attack confirms the need for a pat on the head but I can't stoop that low. Keep digging.
Read your earlier childish comment, and grow up.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Maybe the cuts will fund the new healthcare. I hear it might be a public option.
No one knows what it will be, but we know the Congress has already decided to spend an additional $9 trillion which we do not have. Unless they change it, it can only mean we are cutting in one place, and adding spending in other places and the net out come is an addition of $9 trillion in debt.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Unlikely.

Despite all whining to the contrary, Trump's supporters will applaud more WalMart jobs - you know, the same sorts of jobs that they condemned Obama for "creating" - and will ignore the loss of good, well-paying jobs because revenge or something.

Remember all of the crying over higher energy bills?
They won't.
As Trump's oil, gas and coal buddies receive carte blanche to act like Enron in California, they'll just wave their hands and chant "but Carrier."

I am well and truly convinced that they want wholesale destruction and don't care who suffers for their selfishness.
And do you own that magic future telling ball or do you rent?

Do you think we should wait and see what happens first? lol

Old 01-19-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Read your earlier childish comment, and grow up.
Speaking of growing up.....if a household was in debt and the father claimed he couldn't cut Jimmy's dance lessons or Margret's swimming lessons because of a meltdown would you still feel he had a handle on it?

America is in debt. Shouldn't we get out of it? The meltdowns have to be ignored so we can get out of debt first, then we can think about the extra.

Let me guess, you live off of credit cards?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
No one knows what it will be, but we know the Congress has already decided to spend an additional $9 trillion which we do not have. Unless they change it, it can only mean we are cutting in one place, and adding spending in other places and the net out come is an addition of $9 trillion in debt.
So if we cut funding to National Parks but everyone in America has actual healthcare is that a bad thing? What exactly do you think the priorities should be?

The fact is we can't have everything we want, cuts are going to happen.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Speaking of growing up.....if a household was in debt and the father claimed he couldn't cut Jimmy's dance lessons or Margret's swimming lessons because of a meltdown would you still feel he had a handle on it?

America is in debt. Shouldn't we get out of it? The meltdowns have to be ignored so we can get out of debt first, then we can think about the extra.
Since you have trouble reading the comments, let me summarize what I have said here:

1. I like cuts
2. Congress will not go along with the proposals
3. Congress has already passed a spending measure to grow debt by $9 trillion
4. Justice department and State department are poor targets for cuts (low budget + crucial role)
5. It seems we will cut $1 on one place, and spend an extra $2 in another, which leaves us in the hole.

Quote:
Let me guess, you live off of credit cards?
You guess poorly. I have been debt free for a long time.

Anything else I can help you with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies