Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:51 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,598,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why the creation of boogeymen?

I'm pro-life. I support the 2nd Amendment 110%. I support a balanced budget. I was completely behind the Bundy protests. (guns and all). What makes me a liberal?
And that proves what? I never supported Bundy. I believe a Woman has the right to do what she wants with her Body. You think that a Protesters rights are place over my rights, and to ma, that pretty Liberal.

I didn't create these Protesters that think they are above the Law and can Trample on my Rights with what they perceive as their rights

Old 01-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Now you are trying to reword it. It allows you to run over anyone standing on a street. You are defending an incredibly stupid bill.
You have the right to Free Speech, and your own opinion. I have that same right, and plan to engage in the passing of such Laws in my State and others. I have a Server dedicated to writing letters to Government Agencies and Offices. A few Keystrokes and a thousand E-Mail Letters can be Generated. These are good Bills to protect Citizens.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why don't these states group together and form their own little Nazination.

They can make themselves the capitol of the country and hopefully they can convince Trump to live there (yeah--that'll happen--Trump loves his cult but does not want to live among them).

All people want to do is exercise their constitutional rights and practice civil disobedience, but it seems like the fascists are encouraging civil war. They'll get it.
That's what I said about California and its Cult of UnAmericans. You can Have Hillary and Warren as Leaders.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:03 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,438,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And that proves what? I never supported Bundy. I believe a Woman has the right to do what she wants with her Body. You think that a Protesters rights are place over my rights, and to ma, that pretty Liberal.
I didn't say that. You have expressed no rights being denied you. What you believe is irrelevant as I didn't try and place you in a box.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No they aren't. You know this.
Of course they are. You know that. There are requirements for Health and Safety that have to be addressed, so we have Permits. You just can't show up in a Mod, and plop down wherever it suits you. You know that.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,395,973 times
Republican lawmakers in five states propose bills to criminalize peaceful protest

This premise is unconditional on it's face.. IF a Republican leaning allowed such an atrocity .. Itwould be completely changing the original meaning of your FOREFATHERS. Embrace it IF indeed that's how you feel about fellow citizens who for that past millenniums have always had that right.

Some day that show will be on the other FOOT!! No way should anybody who demands their individual rights ever condone their ability to PEACEFULLY object/protest!

BTW~~ WHY the He$$ do people always blame the WHOLE for what a few do?? That tactics has always been the GOP's excuse for their need to blame a whole culture..a whole race or a whole political party for whatever!

Just wait, you GOP women ( who want religion/political perspective), when you want to make a decision surrounding your own decision about your body..and have politicians and or Insurance Companies decide just WHAT's allowed /covered!! I sure won't have one iota semblance of sympathy for your plight!!

Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 PM

2,964 posts, read 2,920,636 times
If by peaceful you mean non-peaceful, I'm for the law. Shutting down highways is not peaceful. Only in Loony Lefty Land is that somehow perverted into peaceful...doDOdoDO...

Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,344,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
You may very well be right about Civil War The fascists as you like to call them are not going to stand for these peaceful demonstrators burning down buildings and destroying property.
I think that is what everyone calls them. Oh...satire right? Sad!

Old 01-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Its called protesting it is supposed to disrupt you, if they just had protests where they were huddled on a small section of sidewalk it would deafeat the purpose of doing it in the first place. Also since Republicans obviously hate the 1st amendment would it be OK if when cops start shooting at peaceful protestors, if those protestors than pulled out guns abs used there 2nd amendment rights to protect themselves? I just figures right wingers looooooove the 2bd amendment so maybe they'd be supportive of such a thing
Actually, that may not be a Bad idea. Then we could get rid of the problem right there, in the street, and just haul off whats left to the Landfill.

The Protesters can march down the Street in a straight line, side be side, and we can hide in the buildings and take them out as they pass by. Sounds like a Smart Liberal Move. Or a Comedy Movie.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BTW~~ WHY the He$$ do people always blame the WHOLE for what a few do?? That tactics has always been the GOP's excuse for their need to blame a whole culture..a whole race or a whole political party for whatever!
Maybe its because its a heck of a lot more than just the "Few" you want the rest of us to believe. Maybe its because the Political Party is not doing anything to stop the "Few" but in fact, is cheering them on and taking sides and enabling. Maybe that's what the reason is why if your with them, then your a part of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies