Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
We watched the inauguration on t.v. almost all day. Husband and I agree.....it was almost the happiest day of our lives (with the exception of our marriage 57 years ago).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
For real? I'm terribly sorry.
I was thinking of saying something similar, but I can't top your response.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:48 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mcdonald View Post
i was thinking of saying something similar, but i can't top your response.
+1

Old 01-22-2017, 10:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
A sea of spectators, as far as the eye could see! It was amazing. We were watching as they just kept coming. Never seen anything like it. But I'm hearing that the Leftists are trying to say the opposite. Shameful liars. But the TV cameras do not lie. Saw with my own eyes.
You and Trump saw the same thing. The rest of the world saw if differently.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
We watched the inauguration on t.v. almost all day. Husband and I agree.....it was almost the happiest day of our lives (with the exception of our marriage 57 years ago).
You don't get out much?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Indeed, that's pretty sad.

LOL

Ken

Old 01-23-2017, 12:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
D.C. and its surrounding counties in Maryland and Northern Virginia voted for Hillary, so of course there wasn't that much of a turnout for Trump's inauguration.

It doesn't matter.

D.C. and its surrounding counties in Maryland and Northern Virginia lost, and Trump won.

That's all that matters.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
TRUMP DID NOT WIN LEGIT ... THATS WHAT MATTERS!!!!!!!

It was stolen for a purpose.. ONE YOU WONT SEE UNTIL ITS TOO LATE!!!

Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 AM

9,727 posts, read 14,271,125 times
"We watched the inauguration on t.v. almost all day. Husband and I agree.....it was almost the happiest day of our lives (with the exception of our marriage 57 years ago)"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I was thinking of saying something similar, but I can't top your response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You don't get out much?
These are the exact responses one would expect from flaming liberals, and you all fell right into it! LOL! You took the bait!
Typical doom and gloom, with no faith, hope, or love for our country! So sad, but true. Perhaps you should have voted.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
"We watched the inauguration on t.v. almost all day. Husband and I agree.....it was almost the happiest day of our lives (with the exception of our marriage 57 years ago)"

These are the exact responses one would expect from flaming liberals, and you all fell right into it! LOL! You took the bait!
Typical doom and gloom, with no faith, hope, or love for our country! So sad, but true. Perhaps you should have voted.
Uh...what an odd leap of assumptions. It was not in any way a commentary on the country, my state of mind, or an indicator that as to whether anyone voted or not. It was commentary in response to YOUR assertion that your life has been so dull and uneventful that a political election was the second-most happy day of your married life.

It's a shame, too, because with 57 years of marriage, you are are of an age where you should be able to post something more mature and intelligent than that.

You are only reinforcing some of the perceptions that some anti-Trump people hold about those who voted for him by acting that way, you know.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Uh...what an odd leap of assumptions. It was not in any way a commentary on the country, my state of mind, or an indicator that as to whether anyone voted or not. It was commentary in response to YOUR assertion that your life has been so dull and uneventful that a political election was the second-most happy day of your married life.

It's a shame, too, because with 57 years of marriage, you are are of an age where you should be able to post something more mature and intelligent than that.

You are only reinforcing some of the perceptions that some anti-Trump people hold about those who voted for him by acting that way, you know.
But when liberal commentator Chris Matthews said he got a "thrill up his leg" when Obama was elected, your side was lecturing him about how immature and unintelligent he was?

I don't think so.

The "odd leap of assumptions" here is that you would think we can't recognize the inability to lose gracefully for what it is -- a sign of the very immaturity and lack of intelligence that you falsely attribute to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies