Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 05:49 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
D.C. and its surrounding counties in Maryland and Northern Virginia voted for Hillary, so of course there wasn't that much of a turnout for Trump's inauguration.

It doesn't matter.

D.C. and its surrounding counties in Maryland and Northern Virginia lost, and Trump won.

That's all that matters.
In the grand scheme of things it obviously doesn't matter all that much as to how many people showed up to see Trump get sworn in, BUT if people were actually that excited and enthusiastic about Trump, they would've bothered to travel to see their hero finally take office.

And an even bigger problem out of all this is the fact that Trump and his cronies actually have to LIE about something like this even in the face of overwhelming photo and video evidence that clearly showed that not nearly as many people showed up for his inauguration as he might've hoped for. And not even a little lie, but a BOLD FACED LIE that '1.5 million' people attended his swearing in and OF COURSE he blames the 'lying media' even as they're simply trying to do their jobs. I mean cmon. If he's going to lie about petty things like this, how many more lies is he going to have in store for Americans during his four years in office??

Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
In the grand scheme of things it obviously doesn't matter all that much as to how many people showed up to see Trump get sworn in, BUT if people were actually that excited and enthusiastic about Trump, they would've bothered to travel to see their hero finally take office.
Maybe Trump's voters have lives and are busy people, especially on Fridays.

Quote:
And an even bigger problem out of all this is the fact that Trump and his cronies actually have to LIE about something like this even in the face of overwhelming photo and video evidence that clearly showed that not nearly as many people showed up for his inauguration as he might've hoped for. And not even a little lie, but a BOLD FACED LIE that '1.5 million' people attended his swearing in and OF COURSE he blames the 'lying media' even as they're simply trying to do their jobs. I mean cmon. If he's going to lie about petty things like this, how many more lies is he going to have in store for Americans during his four years in office??
One lie deserves another -- in this case the Time reporter's lie about the Martin Luther King bust being removed from the oval office.

And of course, there have been so MANY other lies from the lying liberal mainstream media -- that Trump said all Mexicans were rapists, that Trump's lawyer was in Prague, etc.

Funny how libs get so huffy about Trump's lies when they spend ALL their time lying about him!

Old 01-23-2017, 06:21 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr

These are the exact responses one would expect from flaming liberals, and you all fell right into it! LOL! You took the bait!
Typical doom and gloom, with no faith, hope, or love for our country! So sad, but true. Perhaps you should have voted.
I love my country...... I KNOW VOTING WONT CHANGE A BLASTED THING!! (But make me look like a fool thinking it will)

Old 01-23-2017, 06:22 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
But when liberal commentator Chris Matthews said he got a "thrill up his leg" when Obama was elected, your side was lecturing him about how immature and unintelligent he was?

I don't think so.

The "odd leap of assumptions" here is that you would think we can't recognize the inability to lose gracefully for what it is -- a sign of the very immaturity and lack of intelligence that you falsely attribute to others.
My side? What does that even mean? You haven't the faintest notion of who I voted for or what my political stance is on anything.

You just want to argue because you enjoy it, and I don't play that, sorry. Find someone else for that game.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

I think the fact that there was low turnout for the inauguration had to do with the fact that a lot of Trump votes were anti-Hillary votes. People didn't especially swoon over him, but really didn't want Hillary in. Conversely, people voted for Hillary in the same frame of mind, and I doubt her turnout would have been much different.

We really painted ourselves into a corner with two crappy candidates this election, and we should start thinking now about how not to let that happen again.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:51 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Uh...what an odd leap of assumptions. It was not in any way a commentary on the country, my state of mind, or an indicator that as to whether anyone voted or not. It was commentary in response to YOUR assertion that your life has been so dull and uneventful that a political election was the second-most happy day of your married life.

It's a shame, too, because with 57 years of marriage, you are are of an age where you should be able to post something more mature and intelligent than that.

You are only reinforcing some of the perceptions that some anti-Trump people hold about those who voted for him by acting that way, you know.
Donald J. Trump won the election. Calm down, and get used to it. By the way, to quote you: "You just want to argue because you enjoy it, and I don't play that, sorry. Find someone else for that game.".

We have work to do in Making America Great Again.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:33 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My side? What does that even mean? You haven't the faintest notion of who I voted for or what my political stance is on anything.

You just want to argue because you enjoy it, and I don't play that, sorry. Find someone else for that game.
Why don't you just let the lady say that it was one of the best days of her life without jumping down her throat and sneering that she must not have a life?

What's the problem here? You support Trump and are embarrassed by the lady's strong support for him, or you don't support Trump and you're mad at her strong support?

Either one strikes me as -- to use your terms -- immature and unintelligent.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Donald J. Trump won the election. Calm down, and get used to it. By the way, to quote you: "You just want to argue because you enjoy it, and I don't play that, sorry. Find someone else for that game.".

We have work to do in Making America Great Again.
LOL, I was resigned to someone I didn't want as President no matter which way it went, so I'm yards ahead of you. If you have any great ideas, post them on the thread where people are actually thinking of realistic, defined actions that Trump could do in his presidency.

We need to make America SMART again! If people keep dividing themselves into "Libs" and "Cons" and dancing around calling one another names, we will never get anywhere.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Why don't you just let the lady say that it was one of the best days of her life without jumping down her throat and sneering that she must not have a life?

What's the problem here? You support Trump and are embarrassed by the lady's strong support for him, or you don't support Trump and you're mad at her strong support?

Either one strikes me as -- to use your terms -- immature and unintelligent.
I didn't sneer that anyone "must not have a life". You are confusing me with someone else. I wrote five words: "For real? I'm terribly sorry."

I merely expressed my reaction that I found it sad that over 57 years, a presidential election is what brought her the most happiness, and she responded with a nonsensical comeback. I am not "mad" about anything, but I do like people to follow a conversation logically.

But you're right, I suppose. Who am I to say what makes other people happy. I hope her joy carries her through the rest of her days.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:59 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess it depends when you switched to CNN. What people who don't watch any channel but Fox News fail to realize is that CNN has many different hosts who often have a round-table discussion with pundits from both sides of the aisle. Often they hotly debate issues. There's one woman, Kaleigh McEnany, who is always defending Trump and gets into heated discussions with anyone who criticizes Trump. She even defended him when the Access Hollywood tape was released.

What I think when most people here write they're sick of all the partisan news, they really mean "I don't want to hear people who disagree with me or the person I elected."
Have you ever seen Fox News? They do plenty of "opposite" side analysis, especially on the O'Reilly Factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies