Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Obama worse or better then Bush?
Better 34 44.16%
Worse 35 45.45%
About the Same 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:11 PM

672 posts, read 503,915 times

Advertisements

Serious Question. Now that Obama out of Office I have to ask this and Try to answer this as Fair as you can: Was Barack Obama A better or worse President then George Bush?

I have to ask because 8 years ago People said Bush was The Worst President ever and that Obama would bring lot of changes. 8 Years later and some people say Obama was worse ever some say even worst then Bush. Some say we are better off now then we were 8 years ago other say we aren't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 01:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Pick your favorite statist isn't a fun contest. It's like asking if you'd like 2,000 lbs of feathers dropped on your head or 2,000 lbs of concrete.

Having said that Obama was less of a disaster than Bush.

Now I must shower.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Both men did their best that they could. Obama however started off with some serious challenges. People all too often forget where our economy was in 2009. Given his start, I have to go with Obama.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:26 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
I also have to go with Obama. The economy was SERIOUSLY in the toilet (hell, it was in the sewage system) when Bush left office. The Obama administration had a hell of a climb out of there without a functioning Congress. I'd say that he did a good job with what he had to work with.

I am disappointed that some things he did, didn't go far enough and I'm disgusted that the bankers got a pass on the whole mortgage scandal, so in those regards, I'm not happy.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Obama codified Bush, kept or forwarded much of what he started. The difference between them is nothing but a letter.

Equally bad in many of the same ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Pick your favorite statist isn't a fun contest.
THIS^^^

It's like asking which if you prefer the smell of a skunk over a natural gas leak. Pointless, useless, ridiculous.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:13 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Obama codified Bush, kept or forwarded much of what he started. The difference between them is nothing but a letter.

Equally bad in many of the same ways.
I was surprised when Obama took office in 2009 how many of the Bush team he kept in place. It wasn't until Obamacare that his Presidency began looking much different from Bush's.

I do think overall, Obama has been far better than Bush. Bush started two wars and there were two recessions on his watch, one the worst since the Great Depression.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:15 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I think obama is slightly better.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:41 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I'm in much better shape now than I was in 2009 but can't really attribute it to who's in the White House but I'd have to go with Obama because I believe the Iraq invasion/occupation was ill-advised and led to many of the problems Obama faced and some that Trump will continue to face.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Both men did their best that they could. Obama however started off with some serious challenges. People all too often forget where our economy was in 2009. Given his start, I have to go with Obama.
Bush also had a serious challenge - the worst terror attack on American soil only 9 months after his inauguration. People may disagree with the events that followed but imagine having to deal with that. An organization attacks your county, not another nation like a usual aggressor would be (though the organization was sponsored or supported by other nations even if subtly) - who do you fight? You don't just let it happen, those responsible can't get away with it. What do you do? I wouldn't want to be the guy who decides.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I also have to go with Obama. The economy was SERIOUSLY in the toilet (hell, it was in the sewage system) when Bush left office. The Obama administration had a hell of a climb out of there without a functioning Congress. I'd say that he did a good job with what he had to work with.

I am disappointed that some things he did, didn't go far enough and I'm disgusted that the bankers got a pass on the whole mortgage scandal, so in those regards, I'm not happy.
Once again, economic policies can take years to manifest. What we see today may very well be Bush's doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies