Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 05:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Completely agree.

While Trump busies himself with Aqua Net, in a battle between Pence and Kushner, who wins?
Lol. Ivanka, of course.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:49 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times
Thank God we finally have a president who is free of all scandal and corruption. I know they say absolute power corrupts absolutely, but I just have a good feeling about all those billionaires taking the reigns of the US fiscal machine - they are going to figure out a way to break that cycle and bring it all back to the people. God bless America!

Old 01-20-2017, 05:50 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Thank God we finally have a president who is free of all scandal and corruption. I know they say absolute power corrupts absolutely, but I just have a good feeling about all those billionaires taking the reigns of the US fiscal machine - they are going to figure out a way to break that cycle and bring it all back to the people. God bless America!
Is this serious? or is this an Andy Kaufman-esque type of satire?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Now that Trump is president, it's time to Make America Great Again!
Yeah, like how he made his new tower great by buying steel from China.

Kevdawgg, are you only about 21 and have no experience being deceived by what political candidates say to con your vote?

Old 01-20-2017, 05:55 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Obama played the race card. Hillary played the woman card. Trump played the America card. You know who won? America. America won. Trump is your president now so deal with it. If you're one of those "He's not my president" type, feel free to leave. I have to warn you that many countries have tight immigration requirements.

I hated Obama. When he was in office, I still had to consider him the president. I wasn't like those special snowflake liberals saying "not my president" or participating in mass riots marketed as protests.

Now that Trump is president, it's time to Make America Great Again!
Actually he played the angry old or blue collar white racist card, and it worked. Even threw in a pinch of misogyny too.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:06 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,057,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Is this serious? or is this an Andy Kaufman-esque type of satire?
Dead serious. And all those shuttered factories across the rust belt are going to rise above the ashes like a Phoenix and begin cranking out products in great demand, employing white, middle age men with only high school diplomas for $35 per hour with fully covered medical benefits and defined pensions. You have to remember, these guys are billionaires - they are very clever... They know how to right this ship.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:18 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
A modicum of government experience might have helped, even if that had been gained by his working as a public sector employee but instead we got a guy who doesn't even seem to have read the constitution
It may have helped with his organizing his presidential efforts. However I am sincerely impressed with having someone in office who is not from the same background as those who have been there all these years manipulating the voters and not really accomplishing more than 50% of what they should.

Time will tell.

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
Quote:
Dead serious. And all those shuttered factories across the rust belt are going to rise above the ashes like a Phoenix and begin cranking out products in great demand, employing white, middle age men with only high school diplomas for $35 per hour with fully covered medical benefits and defined pensions. You have to remember, these guys are billionaires - they are very clever... They know how to right this ship.
I prefer Bill Clinton's suggestion of rebuilding Detroit with Syrian refugees. That makes more sense -- lets employ young men with no high school diplomas (but with other valuable talents I'm sure) for $35 an hour and full medical benefits while the middle aged white men and their families line up at the soup kitchen. Bill Clinton has a genius IQ, so I'm sure he knew what he was talking about.

Or better yet, let's hire those "undocumented aliens" for half minimum wage, so that we can benefit the world, while the middle-aged white men and their families line up at the soup kitchen.

I think the Dems ought to make this the centerpiece of their platform for 2020.

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
I know - I know sipping my wine tonight-- ill be OK in AM

Old 01-20-2017, 06:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
LOL. Some of the best satire is based on things Trump actually says he will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies