Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 07:51 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

We all make/create/break/author our own relationships. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 07:57 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Back to the state of the Trumps' marriage.

At first, it seemed that idle speculation on the state of the Trump marriage was pointless, However, I've come to realize that it means the cost of protecting the first family doubles when they do not share the same residence.

Trump was in Mar-A-Lago, his "winter White House" writing his inaugural speech. As the school year was underway and there were no photos of Melania and their son, one assumes they were back in NYC. Ivanka and Kellyanne had no qualms about enrolling their kids midyear in DC schools, so you can't help but wonder what's up with the Trumps.

NYC has lodged complaints about the cost of providing protection ($500,000/day) and received federal funds to assist with this.

Taxpayers are now paying for security at the actual WH, the Mar-A-Lago winter WH, and the Trump's penthouse. With the national debt as high as it is, this seems a wasteful use of taxpayers' funds.
It seems to me that Melania wants an extended vacation from her sugar daddy. Who can blame her? But the taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill. Since Don the Con is too "smart" to pay taxes himself, the bills should be sent directly to him to pay.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 AM

624 posts, read 370,935 times
I could care less about his family. Just get things done

Old 01-25-2017, 07:59 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Care to share a link to the "dishonest editing?"
Im going to do this one time and one time only. But you people need to seek help. I'm being serious.

And I'm not kidding...please get away from politics for awhile or talk with someone. This is unhealthy.

Backdrop: It was during the prayer portion post-Trump's speech. Everyone is in somber prayer mode. Ever been to church? I was raised Catholic. That's game face or hell for the entire mass.

We got a holy man up there breaking the religious seriousness with a remark about rain being a good sign...Biblically-speaking. And letting it be known he mentions it as a lighter note on the proceedings.

Trump breaks somber mode and turns back to Melania to share in the light-hearted moment with a smile. She breaks and returns the smile. Trump turns back around and we all go back to somber church mode as the holy man continues his spiel.

Hour 2 and 52 minutes below in this full ceremony from Time via YouTube. But don't just go to 2:52:00. Start at like 2:49:00 and get the context I'm talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to dissect the Zapruder film for someone else on another message board.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GPYzTAj8zQ

Old 01-25-2017, 08:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
It seems to me that Melania wants an extended vacation from her sugar daddy. Who can blame her? But the taxpayers shouldn't have to foot the bill. Since Don the Con is too "smart" to pay taxes himself, the bills should be sent directly to him to pay.
It seems that whenever the idea of a total revamp of the tax code is suggested, Democrats oppose it.

Blame the Democrats for tax laws that allowed Trump to LEGALLY pay less than you want him to pay.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Im going to do this one time and one time only. But you people need to seek help. I'm being serious.

And I'm not kidding...please get away from politics for awhile or talk with someone. This is unhealthy.

Backdrop: It was during the prayer portion post-Trump's speech. Everyone is in somber prayer mode. Ever been to church? I was raised Catholic. That's game face or hell for the entire mass.

We got a holy man up there breaking the religious seriousness with a remark about rain being a good sign...Biblically-speaking. And letting it be known he mentions it as a lighter note on the proceedings.

Trump breaks somber mode and turns back to Melania to share in the light-hearted moment with a smile. She breaks and returns the smile. Trump turns back around and we all go back to somber church mode as the holy man continues his spiel.

Hour 2 and 52 minutes below in this full ceremony from Time via YouTube. But don't just go to 2:52:00. Start at like 2:49:00 and get the context I'm talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to dissect the Zapruder film for someone else on another message board.

Uh huh. You can spin it anyway you like, we all saw the video, unedited & from two different views. Nice try.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:06 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I can say from my own relationship, which is going strong. If you're hyper and your spouse isn't, it's easy to forget to wait for her. LOL
Going shopping, we park. I jump out of the car and start walking. About 10 steps later I have to stop and wait. My wife is laid back and takes her time to do everything. I swear it takes her 2 minutes to decide which hand to carry her purse in. LOL
As for helping his wife out of the car. Why do women who are not disabled need help getting out of the car? I understand that it's a manners thing, but from what century?
From this century. It's something that I have spent a lot of time working on with all three of my children. Mr. Obama (he was not yet president at the time of the Bush meeting) did not help his wife out of the car. He waited patiently for his wife to join him and lovingly offered his arm to her, so they could ascend the stairs to meet the first couple together. It was a sign of deep and mutual respect between the two of them. I don't think Donald Trump hates his wife; I just think he's a cad, and I further believe his fundamental lack of manners is going to be a detriment to his time in office.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Okay, it looked like it was played backwards, but this provides context. She smiled and nodded and he turned back around. Liberals are sad.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. You can spin it anyway you like, we all saw the video, unedited & from two different views. Nice try.
I gotta meet clients on the road today. Will someone watch the libs in here like ^ while I'm gone?

Just hand out the play-dough and tell them they're special every 10 minutes. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Okay, it looked like it was played backwards, but this provides context. She smiled and nodded and he turned back around. Liberals are sad.
Yeah, everyone on stage is in "church mode".

Run it from 2:49:00 to 2:54:00.

It's as plain as day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies