Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Okay, it looked like it was played backwards, but this provides context. She smiled and nodded and he turned back around. Liberals are sad.
Lol, yeah, this time, keep watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 08:18 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Im going to do this one time and one time only. But you people need to seek help. I'm being serious.

And I'm not kidding...please get away from politics for awhile or talk with someone. This is unhealthy.

Backdrop: It was during the prayer portion post-Trump's speech. Everyone is in somber prayer mode. Ever been to church? I was raised Catholic. That's game face or hell for the entire mass.

We got a holy man up there breaking the religious seriousness with a remark about rain being a good sign...Biblically-speaking. And letting it be known he mentions it as a lighter note on the proceedings.

Trump breaks somber mode and turns back to Melania to share in the light-hearted moment with a smile. She breaks and returns the smile. Trump turns back around and we all go back to somber church mode as the holy man continues his spiel.

Hour 2 and 52 minutes below in this full ceremony from Time via YouTube. But don't just go to 2:52:00. Start at like 2:49:00 and get the context I'm talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to dissect the Zapruder film for someone else on another message board.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GPYzTAj8zQ
Thanks for finding that for us!
I remember the line, but had not caught the Don-Melania nonverbal exchange.
Those of us who have been married more than 10 minutes know all about that sort of thing.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
I gotta meet clients on the road today. Will someone watch the libs in here like ^ while I'm gone?

Just hand out the play-dough and tell them they're special every 10 minutes. Thanks.
Yep, I am awesome, thanks! Keep spinning what we all saw with our own eyes, it's amusing.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:32 AM

468 posts, read 1,542,362 times
To me it looks like she, and the others immediately around her, were still in "prayer mode", from the previous speaker, when Franklin Graham started speaking.

After Franklin made that comment, and people started laughing, Donald smiles and turns around. Melania started smiling and nodded in acknowledgment of whatever he said.

Then it looks like he blew her a kiss, and turned back around. Which, at that point, everybody went back into "prayer mode".

Now, having said that, I DOES also look like she glanced a bit towards her right which is where Barron is standing. And, in another video, the lady who was standing to the right of Barron glances towards her left either at Barron or Melania at nearly the same time. So maybe Barron said or did something that we couldn't see in the video, but that warranted a stern look from Melania and the other woman.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Trumplings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The difference, and it is well known, is Michelle wears the pants in that relationship.
First Lady Trump is an independent successful woman who can stand on her own and doesn't try to dominate her husband.
SO sensitive.

SO bitter.

Carry on.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:01 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Thanks for the link. They were in church mode. Franklin G. Made a lighthearted comment about the rain in transition from the Rabbi to himself. Everyone chuckled, including Pres smiling back and Melania, and then got back into church mode.

Barron became twitchy and Mom cooled his jets before he got too happy with the light hearted rain joke.

No big deal

Old 01-25-2017, 01:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
It's obvious whoever made this video ran it backwards.

When run forwards, Trump looks back at his wife, says something, and she smiles at him.
Nope.

There are videos of the entire event online. Please forward to the 2:52 mark to view this portion of the video. It has not been doctored.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
You guys do realize the entire ceremony was filmed and available on this thingamajiggy called the internet, right?

It took me 2 minutes to find out this is dishonest editing.

I think it's time for an intervention. Seriously.
It is not. I saw the video and it absolutely was not tampered with.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Im going to do this one time and one time only. But you people need to seek help. I'm being serious.

And I'm not kidding...please get away from politics for awhile or talk with someone. This is unhealthy.

Backdrop: It was during the prayer portion post-Trump's speech. Everyone is in somber prayer mode. Ever been to church? I was raised Catholic. That's game face or hell for the entire mass.

We got a holy man up there breaking the religious seriousness with a remark about rain being a good sign...Biblically-speaking. And letting it be known he mentions it as a lighter note on the proceedings.

Trump breaks somber mode and turns back to Melania to share in the light-hearted moment with a smile. She breaks and returns the smile. Trump turns back around and we all go back to somber church mode as the holy man continues his spiel.

Hour 2 and 52 minutes below in this full ceremony from Time via YouTube. But don't just go to 2:52:00. Start at like 2:49:00 and get the context I'm talking about.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to dissect the Zapruder film for someone else on another message board.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GPYzTAj8zQ
You've got to be kidding me. I JUST went to 2:52:09 and its there clear as day.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, it looked like it was played backwards, but this provides context. She smiled and nodded and he turned back around. Liberals are sad.
No, YOU are sad because its clearly there at the 2:52:09 mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies