Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 12:32 PM

8,676 posts, read 22,925,195 times

Advertisements

It's simple, Trump is in office because people have had it with "business as usual" in DC.

People are willing to turn a deaf ear to atrocious comments as long as he doesn't run things on auto pilot.

He wanted to work yesterday and do away with the luncheon.....If he works as hard as he ran his campaign, we may break the cycle and get somewhere. May be too much to hope for, but he owes no one anything. No one else in the campaign could say the same.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:32 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
On the radio, women have been calling in from all over the world to stand in solidarity with American women including having their own marches and protests in their cities and communities. These have all been very peaceful and above all...inspiring.
Great we have foreigners protesting our president, that should really impress the nationalists who voted for trump. Not to mention a bunch of marches in a bunch of all blue cities like Washington DC, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia etc. that didnt even vote for Trump.

Not to mention ashley judd comparing trump to Hitler and insulting his children, tons of idiot celebrities that helped give the Republicans more political power in 2016 than in any election since at least 1928 presidency, both chambers of Congress, maybe two appointees to the Supreme Court.

The greatest loss of nationwide seats under Obama than any president, the largest net loss of state legislative seats by democrats since World War II. Republicans now hold a greater number of governor’s offices than they have in several generations.

This Republican dominance of governorships and legislatures leaves them firmly in command of state governments across America. Thank you leftist ladies and celebrities!

Old 01-21-2017, 12:34 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,407,050 times
More hysterical derangement from the "healthy-minded, tolerant, and incredibly intelligent" Hollywood liberals. It's sad that Ashley Judd is also a victim of Hollywood/celebrity-hood peer pressure and brain-washing with her injected face that can no longer express genuine emotions. Her movie 'Big Stone Gap' was a disaster, and I hardly recognized her once-expressive, lively face.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:35 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,109 times
I am beginning to hope that this pink pussyhat thing catches on (as more than just your protest uniform) and you wear them daily. After all there are still many more months of winter left .. they will help me identify who you are when I see you on the street. Would be fascinating to know exactly how many I encounter really hate me that much .. and it would help me to know who to definitely avoid. I wouldn't want to stress you out by saying hi or helping you with anything if I see you floundering (perhaps carrying both your kids and your groceries out to the car).

Could I please ask you to switch to little cotton hats in summer as well .. or maybe just wear a pink headband (with cute little kitty ears?).

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
hate to tell y'all this but this is Freud's penis envy verbatim.

18,529 posts, read 18,761,435 times
I think Ashleys politics and father issues have got a bit muddled here. and shes taking it out on the wrong person...

Old 01-21-2017, 12:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Bad attempt at a poetry slam ?

Old 01-21-2017, 12:37 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
This is repulsive, basically this is why Republicans have more political power in 2016 than in any election since at least 1928 presidency, both chambers of Congress, maybe two appointees to the Supreme Court.

The greatest loss of nationwide seats under Obama than any president, the largest net loss of state legislative seats and governorships by democrats since World War II.

This Republican dominance of governorships and legislatures leaves them firmly in command of state governments across America. Thank you leftist ladies and celebrities and Ashley Judd. You go girl!

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
It is hard to take groups like these women seriously given their "outrage" is so selective. Had Trump been a Democrat and said the exact same thing there would be no march. Where were they when Bill Clinton was getting bj's in the Oval Office from a young intern? Did they come out in droves to support his other victims? When have they marched in support of women who suffer under the yoke of Islam or for the countless rape victims in Europe since the refugee crisis began? No, all this march is about is the fact that Hillary lost the election and they needed something specific to be outraged over.
The difference, even if Trump and Clinton's behaviors were equal, is based in policy. Trump and Pence want to roll back abortion rights, the ACA, and many other policies which affect women. Bill was pro-choice, and along with Hillary tried to get nationalized health care passed in the 90s.

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Default Why are women in America protesting for anyway?

In 2016 America. Women can vote, drive, own property, receive an education and have all the same rights as men

Is it just the abortion thing? Do they know that millions of women are also pro life so it is not just something uniyqbe to Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies