Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 08:57 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Yep, show us the ones in places that Hillary took money from, places like Saudi Arabia for example? Does anyone know if he/she "trannies" are included in the march?
In Seattle, they are specifically invited.

"Q: I’m not a woman. Am I invited?
A: Yes! The march is open to people of all gender identities, ethnicities, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientations who believe womxn’s rights are human rights."

https://womxnsmarchseattle.wordpress.com

Old 01-21-2017, 08:58 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,782,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A bunch of white women having this big symbolic anti-Trump march even though Trump won the white woman vote by 9 points. Kind of takes the sting out of it a little.
lmbo!

Right!

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
You must have been brainwashed by a feminist mother. These women out there protesting have that opportunity ONLY because of the MEN who fought and died for their rights. And the MEN who police these events.
Ummm.....my 5X great-grandmother transported weapons and ammunition (under fire) during the Revolutionary War. Women have been fighting and dying for this country since its inception.

You need to brush up on your history.

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
wow, very impressive how many protesters there are.
We know that Trump will see this on one of those much hated
news channels that he always raves about so I'm sure
we will get a tweet , tweet soon.

Looks like more people than at the inauguration , that must smart a little
for a guy with such a big ego.
Right now Fox, MSNBC and CNN are broadcasting the Inaugural Prayer Service.

Trump has been sitting with his arms crossed the whole time.

The Pastor chosen to lead the pre inauguration service is well known for his derogatory remarks about Muslims, other Christian Denominations and the LGBT community.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-21-2017 at 09:11 AM..

Old 01-21-2017, 08:59 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

They all deserve a participation trophy Since Trump is their President for the next 8 years, they will become winners instead of just participants.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
The democrats back the people that are oppressive to women, and throw gays off roofs. You are very misinformed about who is misogynist. Your very own democrat party are the guilty culprits.

Let's talk about that point for a minute. Americans, all Americans, even Democrats, dislike the way other countries violate human rights. The Democrats have been very vigilant about trying to force other countries to think differently about how they treat their citizens. HOWEVER, we have to accept that not all countries have the same views as we do. Some countries think nothing of chopping off the heads of their citizens for the most trivial reasons.

Everything I have ever heard come out of Obamas mouth was about how he detests the inhumane treatment of people in other countries and how frustrated he is by our inability to bring them to our way of thinking. But we are only able to do what we can do, we can not change the world.

Even in Russia, a country Trump and so many of his followers think is great, it is extremely dangerous to speak out about the government or to be a woman or be gay. Yet, Trump loves the way Putin rules. So who is it again who backs this sort of thinking ?

Old 01-21-2017, 09:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Yeah, when I heard Trump saying things about God and the bible in his speech yesterday, I almost expected a lightning bolt to come down and hit him on top of his head ! It was painful to see such a Godless man suddenly quoting scripture !

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

C-SPAN is showing the group in DC.

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

Me Too! Think about it 45 Presidents and only one has caused this type of reaction just not here in the US but around the world.It should tell you that Trump is not the President of all the american people ,just the ones who bought his lies.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:05 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,624 times
While I'm happy Trump beat out HRC, you gotta admit that he said some stupid things, that disparage women.

His comments on Carly Fiorina were just so childish.

IMO women have a legitimate reason for protesting and bringing attention to his behavior. In this regard it needs to change. This is one protest that I support. Good luck Ladies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies