Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times

Advertisements

No more fine for me.

Obamacare rollback commences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 10:46 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,630,482 times
OK. I tried to look this up and read it and I couldn't really figure out what has been done there. So, this means we aren't forced to buy it or pay a fine? What else?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:49 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,797,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
OK. I tried to look this up and read it and I couldn't really figure out what has been done there. So, this means we aren't forced to buy it or pay a fine? What else?
Yes, no more fines. He also signed a cease order for all pending legislation. No more laws will be added and any new laws pending addition are halted. The rollback has already begun.

Yesterday, between parties, Trump actually worked.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:53 AM

25,590 posts, read 17,318,658 times
The mandate never worked, anyway.
There are many people who simply will not spend their own money for health care. Even though they have no idea what health care insurance costs, they will not spend their own money. These people know perfectly well that if you are sick or injured all you have to do is go to the emergency room. Hospitals will take care of you.

You can have your baby, get saved from a gun shot wound and so forth. All free if you can maintain your status as "broke".

I have no idea what form of healthcare is on the horizon.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The mandate never worked, anyway.
There are many people who simply will not spend their own money for health care. Even though they have no idea what health care insurance costs, they will not spend their own money. These people know perfectly well that if you are sick or injured all you have to do is go to the emergency room. Hospitals will take care of you.
ACA was just, for the most part, an expansion of Medicaid.

Where do people on Medicaid go for their healthcare? If you are on Medicaid and have the flu a doctor can see you in 6 weeks. so the ER.

They may not know how much it costs, but some in here don;t have clue how it works.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:04 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,294,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
It's not gone. It's just that if you didn't have insurance in 2016 and check the "Full-year coverage" box on line 61 "Health care: individual responsibility" of your 1040, the IRS probably won't do an audit, learn that you weren't covered, and chase you for it on your 2016 Federal tax return.

The law still exists. It's just less likely to be enforced.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:06 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,294,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Yes, no more fines. He also signed a cease order for all pending legislation. No more laws will be added and any new laws pending addition are halted. The rollback has already begun.

If you meant "regulations" rather than "legislation", then yeah. The executive branch creates the regulations. Congress creates legislation. The President can't stop that. All he can do is veto it.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:07 AM

20,837 posts, read 17,119,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's not gone. It's just that if you didn't have insurance in 2016 and check the "Full-year coverage" box on line 61 "Health care: individual responsibility" of your 1040, the IRS probably won't do an audit, learn that you weren't covered, and chase you for it on your 2016 Federal tax return.

The law still exists. It's just less likely to be enforced.
I can virtually assure you it won't be enforced. It's toast. Welcome President Trump.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
If you meant "regulations" rather than "legislation", then yeah. The executive branch creates the regulations. Congress creates legislation. The President can't stop that. All he can do is veto it.
Thanks for the correction. Yes, pending regulations are halted.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38700445

Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,288,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No more fine for me.

Obamacare rollback commences.

No longer enforceable under Obamacare but likely will be a part of any sort of Trumpcare if he plans to provide ins for all as he claims , even if a tax you pay . Any ins plan that tries to cover all people must have healthy people paying in and not using it to fund the sick people running up medical costs . Just like you have to have good drivers paying for ins they don't use to fund the ones having wrecks . Or be funded by a tax to replace those healthy people .

Just out of curiosity, who would pay for your medical bills in the case of a catastrophic illness that ran into the 100K to save your life ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies