Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 05:19 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,678,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Weak, man
I'm assuming you don't know any men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 05:20 PM

35,778 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Http://www.theonion.com/article/mike...d-father-55116Mike Pence Disappointed In The 200,000 Husbands And Fathers Who Permitted Women To go to the March.
WASHINGTON—Admonishing those responsible for failing to uphold their moral duties, Vice President Mike Pence expressed disappointment Saturday in the 200,000 husbands and fathers who had allowed the women and girls in their charge to attend the Women’s March on Washington

are you freak kidding me!! And you ask why the March!!!!!!' This is the reason why!! I'll be. Daxxx if I will return to life as it was in the 60's!

Old 01-21-2017, 05:21 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That is precisely the point. Citizens voicing their grievances about injustice and inequality (not just women but minorities, immigrants, LGBT, native Americans, organized labor, environmentalists, etc.)

It was an exercise in freedom of speech.

The opposition will try to dismiss it as pointless ... BUT ... today millions of people were making a point.

It puts politicians on notice that citizens will not lie down and play dead.

The media picked it up and it made news around the world. Indeed marches and rallies took place around the world.

Today's march in Washington alone brought out double the number of people that attended the inauguration with it's bands and second-rate entertainment.

Would they have exercised their freedom of speech if Hillary was elected? No, what they were trying to do is just demonize Trump. Trump has no problem with any of the issues or groups you mentioned. They're just ticked because the leftie, liberal "woman" Hillary didn't win.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:23 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,078,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
My wife, who was who marched for the right for birth control and choice, burned her bra, said, "what a waste of time. Why aren't they doing something constructive, like helping others, instead of demeaning themselves wearing '***** hats and carrying signs that say, "this ***** bites back." Their march/protest isn't going to change anything. They refused to allow certain female groups to join them. I'm embarrassed to be a woman today."
Am in full agreement with your wife! She said it all!!

Old 01-21-2017, 05:24 PM

137 posts, read 80,137 times
Who cares what they protest , Republicans are in now, that's all that matters .

Old 01-21-2017, 05:26 PM

25,867 posts, read 16,582,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The women of my extended family marched today. They were in 7 states. I was happy to watch the grand kids in NC while the family went and marched for what they believe.

The gas, oil party (GOP) will have a tough time if they believe they have a mandate.
Exactly why were they marching and what did they think they proved?

Old 01-21-2017, 05:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,704,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Certainly has done nothing to reach out to the MAJORITY of voters who rejected him and start unifying the citizens of this country. On Twitter today he admitted the country was deeply divided.
The only thing that will satisfy them is another POS like the crusty butt that couldn't run for a third term.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:28 PM

35,778 posts, read 21,152,282 times
Best see what I just posted#32. if you are a female. I refuse to give up the freedoms gained over the last 50 yrs... Can't say what Madonna said on CD. But quote!!'

Old 01-21-2017, 05:34 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Would they have exercised their freedom of speech if Hillary was elected? No, what they were trying to do is just demonize Trump. Trump has no problem with any of the issues or groups you mentioned. They're just ticked because the leftie, liberal "woman" Hillary didn't win.
Trump has presented himself as a demon and thrives in that role. He's just like a spoiled 8 year-old rich kid, who has tantrums and destroys his toys, assured that he will be given new ones.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:40 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,975,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Here, in no uncertain terms, is the point: We hate Republicans because they don't agree with us.

That is it.
From my point of view it has very little to do with Democrats or Republicans ... it has to do with defending and preserving the rights of women and minorities. With cabinet nominees like Sessions and others people are alarmed that their rights will be taken away: reproductive freedom, healthcare, marriage equality, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies