Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 07:52 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I think the fact that we have crybabies, liars and spoilsports in the Oval is a bad sign. This may have a devastating effect on ALL Americans in the long run. If they are going to complain AND LIE about any and every trivial thing, how can they be trusted on real issues?

+1 Exactly.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Haven't you figured it out yet? The "truth" is whatever Trump says it is.

This is your new president, America. His administration spends their first day in office whining because the media accurately reported how few people turned out to see him inaugurated. He is the most unpopular president to take office in modern history, and he's pissed because the media reported it.

The reign of the Adolescent-in-Chief has begun.
If this was a movie it would be funny, but as it isn't not so much.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:54 PM

981 posts, read 899,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That was a calculated lie they told the American people. This is not good.
I didnt vote for him, and I agree blatant lies are not good. But I would put the Benghazi lies in a much worse category.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You have no idea what Trump cares about. Furthermore your post only proves it.
Trump cares about Trump only!!!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:00 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trumps ego couldn't take it if he wasn't the best, first, or outdid someone else. THIN SKIN.
4 years of babysitting coming up......
I really don't think he's going to last that long. He's a very weak person. Most bombastic bullies like him are. I don't think he's going to be able to handle the pressure.
So he'll either self destruct in some fashion (looks like he's a drinker ... that bloat of face, etc. - in any case a very glutinous and indulgent person) or do something so outrageous ... cross the line in such a huge way ... that even his die hard supporters cannot continue to deny the fact that this guy is nuts and potentially dangerous and at some point he'll be impeached and removed from office.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:03 PM

636 posts, read 392,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.be14ba9c3b52

I just don't get stuff like this. I'm not a Republican or Democrat, just someone who believes in free market capitalism and other economic issues. But there are pictures and videos...so how is the coverage wrong. Seriously, there weren't large crowds at the inauguration. Can someone who is drinking the Trump kool-aid explain this thinking to me?

This absurd stuff also makes me start hating this administration. Srsly, why are you complaining about the media reporting the truth.
This is a very important question.
Maybe it's been answered in this thread, but it deserves to be answered again.

It's a disinformation campaign.
This "size of the crowd" issue is a small one. But, it'll pay dividends for him later.
Trump is taking office amid a slew of scandals and impossible promises.
By discrediting the media now he's setting the stage for later when the media reports damaging facts about his administration.

Every third-world dictator knows this trick.

Clinton and Trump were two horrifyingly bad candidates that represented all that's wrong with American politics. The election of Trump is getting more disturbing every day.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:04 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I didnt vote for him, and I agree blatant lies are not good. But I would put the Benghazi lies in a much worse category.
Well, as I've read the posts here, NO ONE was comparing the two!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:05 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post

This "size of the crowd" issue is a small one. But, it'll pay dividends for him later.
By discrediting the media now he's setting the stage for later when the media reports damaging facts about his administration.

Clinton and Trump were two horrifyingly bad candidates that represented all that's wrong with American politics. The election of Trump is getting more disturbing every day.
^ In a 'nutshell'.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post

I think the media is going to learn how to cover him and he won't be allowed to continue this b.s.. Or he'll continue but the media (and the people themselves) will learn how to be a lot more discerning and intelligent about the information they're receiving.
It may take awhile but i'm already hearing very intelligent and articulate media folk who are well aware that they have to up their game and that they are dealing with an entirely different scenario re; trump.
And it's getting more disturbing but along side of that is the ground swell of awakened and awakening protestors who are in it for the long haul i believe.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Well Sean Spicer is being mocked on Twitter now. It might have been the "Period!" that did it.

Spicer trends worldwide on Twitter after first WH briefing | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies