Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I watch Stephen Colbert when I can but I would love it if he came back to Comedy Central now that Trump is in office. We need him and he can have Jon Stewart visit all the time too. Saturday Night Live has an audience like The Daily Show that are very happy.
He has access to a much broader audience than at Comedy Central.

Love his interviews.

But I admit, Colbert was a stitch on Comedy Central. Know your District was hysterical at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 10:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Default Aziz Ansari skewers Donald Trump, "racist" supporters in "SNL" monologue

Once again SNL is out of touch with the reality .
Once again this is why Trump won .

When did Trump ever say racism is acceptable ?
Who is actually doing this ?
For all the liberal obsession with the KKK there are very very few KKK members in America .
Liberal hysteria and outright lies like this are not good for the country .

I guess facts don't mean anything to these liberal celebs .
This is just going to make Trump supporters support him even more .

----

“We can’t demonize everyone who voted for Trump,” Ansari said. “Some people are like ‘Everyone who voted for Trump is a dumb, racist, mysoginist, homphobic...’ Alright, hold on, we’re talking about 63 million people.”

“The problem is, there’s this new group,” Ansari continued. “I’m talking about a tiny slice of people that have gotten way too fired up about the Trump thing for the wrong reasons. I’m talking about the people where as soon as Trump won they’re like ‘we don’t have to pretend like we’re not racists anymore! We don’t have to pretend anymore, we can be racists again!’”

Ansari described it as a “new, lowercase KKK movement” filled with “casual white supremacists” that might tell people of color to “go back to Africa” or “go back to Mexico” now that Mr. Trump is in the White House

Saturday Night Live Aziz Ansari skewers Donald Trump "racist" supporters in monologue - CBS News

Old 01-22-2017, 10:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
I watch Stephen Colbert when I can but I would love it if he came back to Comedy Central now that Trump is in office. We need him and he can have Jon Stewart visit all the time too. Saturday Night Live has an audience like The Daily Show that are very happy.

I stopped watching Colbert when he moved to CBS.

I still think he's pretty funny, even though he had to moderate his tone, but I just CAN'T STAND all those commercial breaks.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:51 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
I haven't watched SNL in 30 years because it's not funny. I couldn't care less about their politics.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:52 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He has access to a much broader audience than at Comedy Central.

Love his interviews.

But I admit, Colbert was a stitch on Comedy Central. Know your District was hysterical at times.
Two of his had me laughing until I was crying. One was his pep talk to Mika, the other was his re-enactment of Sarah Palin's version of Paul Revere. Both were so good. And that is why, Republicans will never get the humor and why Saturday Night Live should not lower itself to appealing to an audience that wouldn't get it anyway.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:00 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,796,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nobody needs to make Trump look ridiculous, as he does a fine job of that all by himself....
Great thinking... he run a great company with thousands of employees, something you probably didn't do and neither did I but I recognize a great business man.

Keep believing that he is a fool if that makes you and the rest of your snow flakes and ***** hats feel better.

I hope you have a great 4 years as we enjoy the change every minute and don't care about the protesters and whiners.

GET A LIFE!

Old 01-22-2017, 11:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I have been watching Saturday Night Live since my childhood, with the original cast, which I still think was the best cast, btw. I have always liked politics, but have always taken it pretty lightheartedly. And I have always enjoyed the political satire going back to Chevy Chase's portrayal of the clumsy Gerald Ford character.

And SNL has historically poked fun at both sides of the political spectrum. But lately, it seems they are very agenda driven. At first, I laughed at Alec Baldwin's Trump impersonation and the Kellyanne Conway impersonation, and the Putin impersonations, but it is starting to be too much. Last night I had to turn it off. I made it as far as the Kellyanne Conway musical sketch and I couldn't watch it anymore.

This stuff is great in small doses, but when every show is devoted to it, it changes from "poking fun" to a political agenda. I am starting to feel like I'm being told how I should think, which is an extremely repulsive force. They are going down the path of MSNBC, and we all know how poor their ratings are.

I guess if you hate our current president, you probably can't get enough of this stuff, but if you don't, this is a huge turn off to the show. A show that traditionally has enjoyed viewership from people of all political persuasions. Perhaps when they see their ratings drop, they will go back to doing what they do best, fantastic sketch comedy sprinkled with political satire here and there.
Since Trump IS our current president - this is who they are going to focus on. Same with Obama. If Hillary had won - their focus would be on her.

I mean, their focus is ALWAYS on the current politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is what you got from my post???
I got the same thing.

Most shows start with a political opening and have for a long time.

Just because Trump has a thin skin doesn't mean his followers have to as well. I laughed at every impersonation from Obama to Hillary to Trump. I don't think they have gotten Kellyanne down.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:11 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,997,571 times
I believe SNL literally has sunk into a black hole that it won't recover from. The Alex baldwin skit in the beginning of the election was fine and a little funny. Now the skits are just not funny at all . They also have one basically every week on the show. I went on youtube and watched the latest one about conway and it wasn't even funny. I didn't even finish it. I do think that they are doing way more Trump skits than anyone else though.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:16 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I believe SNL literally has sunk into a black hole that it won't recover from. The Alex baldwin skit in the beginning of the election was fine and a little funny. Now the skits are just not funny at all . They also have one basically every week on the show. I went on youtube and watched the latest one about conway and it wasn't even funny. I didn't even finish it. I do think that they are doing way more Trump skits than anyone else though.
Last night was Putin and again, funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK430YOiT4

Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,489,582 times
Quote:
Last night was Putin and again, funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK430YOiT4
Is it funny ? Or only if one is an Anti Trump Not My President person ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies