Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:32 AM

51,658 posts, read 25,887,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Two of his had me laughing until I was crying. One was his pep talk to Mika, the other was his re-enactment of Sarah Palin's version of Paul Revere. Both were so good. And that is why, Republicans will never get the humor and why Saturday Night Live should not lower itself to appealing to an audience that wouldn't get it anyway.
Who could forget him riding that ridiculous mechanical horse, trying to load a musket and ring a bell? But I admit, the Mika pep talk was spot on hysterical.

Colbert on Sarah Palin | Colbert and Mika | Video | Mediaite

His "amplification of absurd news items to a level of hilarious observation" is perfect for the news coming from the Trump team.

Why conservatives would watch Colbert or Saturday Night Live is a mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 11:33 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Is it funny ? Or only if one is an Anti Trump Not My President person ?
I am proudly anti-Trump and find it very funny, especially Kate McKinnon in the window.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:34 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,499,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Great thinking... he run a great company with thousands of employees, something you probably didn't do and neither did I but I recognize a great business man.

Keep believing that he is a fool if that makes you and the rest of your snow flakes and ***** hats feel better.

I hope you have a great 4 years as we enjoy the change every minute and don't care about the protesters and whiners.

GET A LIFE!
That's the thing that's funny people make it seem like it's so easy to do what Trump did .
If so why so few billionaires out there ?

Funny also because they were trying to make it seem like he didn't have many businesses at one point , now they are crying that he's owns too many businesses .
They especially hate he has a new big beautiful hotel right in D.C !

He wouldn't be able to run a great company without hiring great people too and he seems to have a great ability to pick quality people that can get a job done .

Unlike the liberals that seem to pick people too often based on identity politics .

I don't care what race or gender someone is as long as they can get the job done .
Obama didn't get the job done even liberals realize that .

This is why they have to say stuff like "at least he didn't have a sex scandal "

Old 01-22-2017, 11:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,785,338 times
Quote:
Is it funny ? Or only if one is an Anti Trump Not My President person ?
Really? You think "funny" can be defined for all people? You must be new to the whole concept of humor.

If you don't think SNL is funny, don't watch it. That's the best advice I - or anyone - can give you.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,123,873 times
I wish they would let up a little bit. There are funny characters all over the world they could focus on. I stopped watching Colbert because of the constant insults towards Trump and Republicans. I'm not a republican but I dont like the rude insults towards the same people every day.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,606,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Then how come a few months ago, I found Alec Baldwin's Trump impression funny? I was still a Trump supporter back then.
Uh-oh. That means your condition is worsening. You need to see a doctor at once to remove whatever is obstructing your funny bone.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I wish they would let up a little bit. There are funny characters all over the world they could focus on. I stopped watching Colbert because of the constant insults towards Trump and Republicans. I'm not a republican but I dont like the rude insults towards the same people every day.
You see, that's the difference between Dems and Repubs. Dems are more apt to have a sense of humor and can appreciate political humor, even when it's against them.

Colbert actually picked on both parties. There are going to be constant political jokes because it's a political satire show.

When it comes to Trump, he's the flavor of the hour. Trump himself will tell you that he's the most important person in the world. He just made history, as well. Of COURSE he's going to be the major focus of political satire, esp considering that Trump is just made to order for comedy sketches. Come on...orange hair, orange skin, whitened teeth, overweight, super rich, a braggadosio personality, says outrageous things, blatantly lies even when shown a video proving he's lying....he is unique and is TOTALLY perfect for comedy sketches.

Obama was also the object of many comedy sketches, but he was harder to do. His personality isn't as large as Trump's. He said and did fewer things that lent themselves to comedy. He speaks like a professor, doesn't use broad gestures, or call anyone names, or has a funny way of speaking (interrupting someone to scowl and say "wrong" for example). Still, they finally managed to capture him. How did Obama react? He made an appearance on SNL. As did most national politicians over the years. Why? They have a sense of humor.

When they don't make fun of you...that's the time to worry.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:48 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,499,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Really? You think "funny" can be defined for all people? You must be new to the whole concept of humor.

If you don't think SNL is funny, don't watch it. That's the best advice I - or anyone - can give you.
People seem to be tuning in to comfort themselves over the big loss to Trump.
Trump had the last laugh as all those liberal celebs laughed he would never be President. Even Obama went on late night tv and made that joke and everyone thought it was so cute and clever.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who could forget him riding that ridiculous mechanical horse, trying to load a musket and ring a bell? But I admit, the Mika pep talk was spot on hysterical.

Colbert on Sarah Palin | Colbert and Mika | Video | Mediaite

His "amplification of absurd news items to a level of hilarious observation" is perfect for the news coming from the Trump team.

Why conservatives would watch Colbert or Saturday Night Live is a mystery.
Exactly and two two were poetry but so much of Colbert is art. They should never ever cater to Republicans, it would be like diluting a delicious espresso.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
That's the thing that's funny people make it seem like it's so easy to do what Trump did .
If so why so few billionaires out there ?

Funny also because they were trying to make it seem like he didn't have many businesses at one point , now they are crying that he's owns too many businesses .
They especially hate he has a new big beautiful hotel right in D.C !

He wouldn't be able to run a great company without hiring great people too and he seems to have a great ability to pick quality people that can get a job done .

Unlike the liberals that seem to pick people too often based on identity politics .

I don't care what race or gender someone is as long as they can get the job done .
Obama didn't get the job done even liberals realize that .

This is why they have to say stuff like "at least he didn't have a sex scandal "
Forbes has stated that if Trump had put his money in a passive fund 30 years ago and sat back, he'd have MORE money than he has now. So he has lost money by doing his businesses.

It is pretty easy to make money, when you have money to begin with. Trump has always had money, from his birth until now. He was raised as a privileged kid, got out of the draft (like Bush), his dad paid for him to get into university (like Bush).

Trump does have a work ethic (unlike Bush), but let's not pretend he's a great businessman. He's filed for bankruptcy six times and can no longer get approved for a loan by a U.S. bank. He's dependent on loans from foreign countries (we don't know which ones, since he won't reveal that...they are in his tax returns).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies