Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 12:27 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
How dare you tell other people how and what to do with themselves, while wasting time on this forum, whilst patting yourself on the back, instead of spending every spare moment of your life protesting what you just said EVERY OTHER WOMAN HAS TO PROTEST ONLY (you have NO idea what other help or donations these women have given) OR ELSE THEY'RE LYING HYPOCRITES.
Pretty simple concept... I donate where there is a critical need for help. The pussyhatters chose instead to spend their money on themselves to participate in a narcissistic 'Look at me! Look at me!' self-indulgent temper tantrum march.

Which of those choices provides shelter, food, and clothing for female victims of domestic violence and their children when they're in dire need of help? (Hint: it's not the self-indulgent temper tantrum pussyhat march.)

How dare YOU think it's just peachy to celebrate selfish center-of attention seeking given the overwhelming need for help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 12:28 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Found the link. This sounds to me like a non issue and something people aren't wanting to do anyhow. Is the left wanting people to wait till their 3rd trimester? Sorry, I'll never understand why anyone wants this to be a widespread practice.
No, the "left" is not advocating that people wait until their 3rd trimester.
And no one wants this to be a widespread practice.

The only people who spend any time talking about this illegal practice are those who have been sold a bill of goods by radical pro-lifers.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:35 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Okay, if it isn't about losing abortions ( we have Roe v Wade) and birth control (give up their Starbucks and they to can afford it) what is it?
I think the poster DC said it best--Respect for women. They all came with different agendas, but that was the main theme--we have a man in office who needs to put a filter on himself and not **** off half the population.

While I don't see anyone overturning Roe v Wade anytime soon, either, neither should our President be saying women should be punished for having abortions "if" it is. Yes, I know he later retracted it, but maybe the message is to think before you say stupid disrespectful stuff about women because they are going to call you on it.

And birth control--you know not every woman has the price of a cup of Starbucks, and the women who don't also are not living in a segment of society that sits down and does family planning. You go to some of these girls in our impoverished areas and tell them to just not have sex with their "man" and they'll look at you as if you have two heads. They have no idea that there is any other way to live. I'm sure you're also shrieking about unwed mothers on welfare--well, making sure low-cost or free birth control is available to that segment of society as a step to helping break those patterns.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:37 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Pretty simple concept... I donate where there is a critical need for help. The pussyhatters chose instead to spend their money on themselves to participate in a narcissistic 'Look at me! Look at me!' self-indulgent temper tantrum march.

Which of those choices provides shelter, food, and clothing for female victims of domestic violence and their children when they're in dire need of help? (Hint: it's not the self-indulgent temper tantrum pussyhat march.)

How dare YOU think it's just peachy to celebrate selfish center-of attention seeking given the overwhelming need for help?
How does your choice of biotching here about what other women do with their time provide shelter, food and clothing for female victims of domestic violence and there children when they're in dire need of help?

You have no idea as to how the millions of people that marched spend their time and money.

If I added up the time it took you to post all the posts you have selfishly posted in a self indulgent attention seeking manner it will add up to at least a day's worth of time you could have been out there practising what you're preaching.

How hypocritical of you.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I did read these and found it informative. Why was the video presented showing planned parenthood involved in these kinds of abortions?
No idea.

Medically determined late term terminations are performed in hospitals, not at PP out-patient offices.
They are generally either done via c-section or induced labor, in other words, by approved medically sound legal methods.

If any one has/had any evidence of anyone performing illegal partial birth abortions, it would be grounds for prosecution, as it was in that horrible case in PA.

As far as I know, after many state investigations, the videos did not show any evidence of chargeable offenses and certainly no instances of partial birth abortions.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:

How is what these marchers did different from the many, many, many hours people devoted to attending one or more of Trump's campaign rallies?

Aren't you an advocate for people spending their hard-earned money however they choose?

Why shouldn't that apply to their time too?

Old 01-23-2017, 12:53 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:

What? We spent no more money going to the city than we would have on any other Saturday, and likely quite a bit less. We ate breakfast, dressed in clothes we already owned (no hats), rode the train downtown, walked to the parade route, marched to City Center Park, listened to some speakers, ate a quick lunch, and then came home. And my son handed a probably homeless, teenage busker $10. Try again.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Talking about weird color hair? Trump has orange hair.

Or maybe you think orange hair is ok but pink hair during a protest march isn't to your liking because it represents a women's movement that you want to suppress?

Tempy hair dye washes out with the next shampoo. Only very very few people in the protests had weird colored hair dye. Many more had pink hats.

It wasn't an event full of unemployed people looking for work. Where did you get that assumption?

The event was Saturday when many people have the day off work. There were students and retirees at the event too. Even people what typically work on Saturdays can take time off via vacation day, comp time, not being scheduled, etc.
^^^^^ This is just an observation (I didn't vote for Trump).....this may be the first post I've read making reference Trump's 'orangeness' that didn't also include (re 'orangeness') one or more of ---- monster, Hitler, menace, Cheeto, f**kface, clown, hairball, agent, tufted snitch, dusted bloviator, angry, Jesus, Cheez Whiz, anus, Julius, jackal, screaming carrot demon, supremacist, regurgitated orange rind oozing puss, melting hunk of uninformed apricot jello, pumpkin Hitler, grotesquely decomposing pumpkin pulp, tufted imbecile intent on armageddon, the blob, amoeba, click-gibbon, Prometheus unchained, the big Cheeto, cheddar boy, dehydrated orange peel, decomposing jack o'lantern, deeply disturbed fuzzy orange goofball, dehydrated orange peel, don of, great orange hairball of fear, orangeback gorilla, bozo, Caligula, hued self-immolator, man, manatee, messiah, moron, omen of doom, slug, toilet bowl crud brought to life as g**ital grabbing golem, tufted a**hole, oranguTAN, the talking yam, tangerine Jesus, tangerine tinted trashcan fire, tangerine tornado, etc.

^^^^^ just the ones re 'orangeness' or partially re 'orangeness' .

Old 01-23-2017, 01:02 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How is what these marchers did different from the many, many, many hours people devoted to attending one or more of Trump's campaign rallies?

Aren't you an advocate for people spending their hawrd-earned money however they choose?

Why shouldn't that apply to their time too?

Did the Trump supporters at their rallies wear p****hats or some other lewd apparel? Did they hold signs up with the "F" word in them and other lewd signs? Did they leave behind a lot of trash for the locals to clean up? Freedom of speech should be exercised in a tasteful way.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Did the Trump supporters at their rallies wear p****hats or some other lewd apparel? Did they hold signs up with the "F" word in them and other lewd signs? Did they leave behind a lot of trash for the locals to clean up? Freedom of speech should be exercised in a tasteful way.
You do know that a pussyhat is simply a hat that looks like it has cat ears, right? I mean, I hope you aren't so ignorant that you thought they looked like...uh...something else.

As for the language on signs, Google Tea Party signs. I predict you will be SHOCKED by the vulgar language you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies