Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 11:23 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
They were disinvited by the organizer because they were pro-life. But I guess if it goes against the meme (lie) of "compassion and fairness" y'all are trying to push...

Pro-life group dropped from list of partners for inauguration protest march | Fox News

Sad, just sad...
And they just took that lying down?

Guess it didn't mean that much to them after all.

BTW, as I thought, there were pro-lifers marching.

In their own words:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-s-march.html

Last edited by TigerLily24; 01-23-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:24 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You're here on a regular basis protesting everything but FMG in the US.
Not true. I've brought the subject up several other times. Usually when lefties ignorantly try to claim that anyone who objects to Muslim cultural behavior is a bigot/xenophobe. Sorry, calling me names that don't even apply will never get me to support the execution of gays or female genital mutilation, etc. But the left can endorse those if they wish, so as to not be a bigot/xenophobe don't you know.

The point is that I didn't selfishly spend money on myself to participate in a narcissistic self-indulgent temper tantrum march that not only didn't help women and children in need, it served to increase mega-corporations' profits (transportation, hotels, restaurants, etc.). I donate to programs and services that provide help for women and children in critical need, instead.

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
In this case, the people saying that the marchers didn't understand what they were doing are wrong. The people criticizing them for being a mindless herd are wrong. The marchers were very thoughtful and informed, around the globe. That you don't share their positions is fine. It doesn't mean they are stupid. They aren't.
Id say there were all sorts in these protests, some mean well , some dont have a clue why their actually there except to wear a daft ugly hat.. some dont have anything else to do that day..and the ones trailing kids with them are the worst.. why make a child have to carry out what your feelings are towards Trump or any issue.. that cant be right surely. especially with any violence being carried out or certain celebs talking filth and swearing. Some just like protesting for any reason..

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
... what were all the pink pussyhats about?
Presumably to give the Donald something else to grab ...

Old 01-23-2017, 11:26 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Why is she disgusting?I truly am curious to know why you feel that way.

I heard the poem she recited and thought it was very good. I thought it really spoke to how many women are feeling. The author of that poem who gave Judd the right to use it should be proud.

As for Madonna...she is a fool. I thought her "F--- You " speech and saying she thought about blowing up the White House was just stupid. Do I really think she wants to blow up the white house? No, but her speech feels like one she has done many times before.
Females (I wont call them women) who talk about menstrual blood and unzipping men's pants ON A PUBLIC STAGE dont deserve a moment of thought. There's a reason Ashley Judd's speech isnt getting main stream play .. well two reasons ... it is BAD for the cause and they simply cant play it over public airwaves.

she's a disgusting person.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:26 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
In this case, the people saying that the marchers didn't understand what they were doing are wrong. The people criticizing them for being a mindless herd are wrong. The marchers were very thoughtful and informed, around the globe. That you don't share their positions is fine. It doesn't mean they are stupid. They aren't.
You demonstrate a good point. There are always people don't understand or don't agree or can't relate with the point of a protest. That's fine.

But rather than saying I disagree or I don't understand, they instead dismiss the effort as invalid or of no meaning or value just because it has no meaning or value to them, or they question the intelligence of the participants.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They were protesting essentially because the DNC told them to protest. The party instructed their surrogates to stir this up, and they did an outstanding job.

The DNC played these women like fools.
No one got marching orders from the DNC.
You give it way too much credit.

The only part that the DNC played in this effort was being responsible for Trump being elected.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:28 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
Females (I wont call them women) who talk about menstrual blood and unzipping men's pants ON A PUBLIC STAGE dont deserve a moment of thought. There's a reason Ashley Judd's speech isnt getting main stream play .. well two reasons ... it is BAD for the cause and they simply cant play it over public airwaves.

These two celebs took disgusting to a new level.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:29 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Tell that to Martin Luther King. Tell that to the Suffragettes. Tell that to those who protested at the cotton mills, factories and railroads for better working conditions. Tell that to those who protested the Vietnam War. Marches help focus on problems and spur a wave of activism.
First of all those marches occurred before the era of social media and Youtube. Marches were about the only way of communicating. Second of all Martin Luther King was not known for attacking and breaking store windows. Many more marches thees days involve bad behavior.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post

But talking about grabbing women by the genitals against their will is just fine. Yep, you have no problem with that disgusting person whatsoever, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies