Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mean what YOU attribute as the reason(s) for the gathering. The ACTUAL reasons put forth are/were about as clear as mud.
As for compassion? Would that be compassion for the unborn or, for the people the protesters were swearing at? How about those vulgarities on their signs or were hurling at others were they compassionate? I'd love to hear how blowing things up or killing people is "compassionate".
Was it in "fairness" that the Pro Life women's group was excluded?

Just wondering what is considered "compassionate" and "fair" nowadays?

This is what happens when you have a hodge-podge of opinions all chattering at once...
How were they excluded? Virtually all of the marches took place in public spaces, in some cases with hundreds of thousands of participants.
Can you say with any authority, and a straight face, that not a single one of those marchers was pro-life?
Riiight.

You cherry pick the most negative things you can find and completely ignore the majority that were positive and uplifting.

Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 10:12 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nothing. Yet.

It did put Trump on notice. We are watching. We can mobilize.

Was it wrong to march against Vietnam?

Was it wrong to march against the Iraq War?

Against Jim Crow?

What changed on the day of those marches?
What were the messages for them;

End the war.

End the war.

End segregation.

What is the message here? End Trump?

Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
No I don't . Millions of people together in a group can be wrong. Just like Hitlers followers were wrong. It's happened before over and over again in history and likely will again because people are stupid enough to believe what movie stars tell them. Its how dangerous cults get started. Reading through this thread I find it scary to hear from those that actually want someone to tell them how to think. No, if you believe whats happening is right you need a different reason then saying its right just because a lot of people say so.
Actually, no.

All that is needed is for the people who marched to believe in themselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Kind of like politicians and their speech writers.
And why do so many americans seem to want to silence celebrities?
Is it because many of them have a different opinion or are they not included in the part about freedom of speech?
Not trying to silence anyone. I just think people should think for themselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What were the messages for them;

End the war.

End the war.

End segregation.

What is the message here? End Trump?
How about....Respect women.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:16 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
I don't judge either way. Protest is not my thing.

This said, I think this country deserves some healing. Maybe after the voice is heard, they can figure out how to help the country moving forward.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:17 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
For one thing Madonna offered sexual favors to people if they vote Hillary. So she's a *****. And the talk about wanting to burn the white house down. Really? Please don't follow any protest she's leading because it makes women look bad. Not only that, quit listening to celebrities. They prove over and over again that they aren't our smartest people. The smartest things they ever say are usually written by someone else and handed to them in a movie script or song lyrics. Most of these people are dumb dumbs. And quit dying your hair weird colors because its probably why you don't have a job and have time to attend these destructive protests.
Quote:
It's how that side is. One of the first replies on this thread told me my opinion didn't count. According to these whackos the only opinion allowed to be expressed is theirs. It's sick.
Everyone is allowed an opinion. But you are contradicting yourself. If you go back and read your post, it claimed that those whose opinions are different than yours are basically not valid, and then proceeded to tell 'them' (not really sure who you are directing this to) how they should think, act, and also assumed that 'they' didn't have jobs. (The protests were on a Saturday, when many people have the day off.)

Then in the next post you insulted 'them.'

Quite a few assumptions and judgments up front about thousands of people who you do not know.

I don't really see why you would think these kind of comments would evoke positive reactions?

Quote:
Not trying to silence anyone. I just think people should think for themselves.
The people who marched do think for themselves.

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How about....Respect women.
Respect women?

Why aren't they protesting the musicians who are sending a message to millions of young men that women shouldn't get respect but are b**chs who should be f**kee?

Hillary is up on stage with Jay Z who sings extremely misogynistic songs. Why is that ok? Why aren't they protesting the real preachers of disrespect?

Oh, that's right, most of them aren't Republicans.

Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM

39,216 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Respecting women by not labeling them, respecting women by not saying " Women That Voted For Trump "Victims" Of Ingrained "Misogyny And Sexism"
Respecting women by respecting different choices, different opinions.

That is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies