Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 08:57 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I was at the DC women's march this weekend. Yes, there was some violence, just no arrests.

I personally witnessed and stepped in to intervened in a situation at the march. A 12 or 13 year old girl was wearing a Trump hat and walking down the sidewalk with her friend/sister. Two "p*ssy" hat women and a gay man started harassing and yelling her, "take that hat off! how could you where that! etc" . Then the gay man smacked the hat off her head and lightly slapped her in the face for "not knowing better!" Several people came up to the girl and pushed those people away from the girl, including myself, and I pushed the gay guy away and I got in his face and told him to f off, basically.

I can't believe that people would attack a kid for literally wearing a hat...grown ups. A man...gay or not...hitting a woman...at the Woman's March. And women are cheering him slapping a 12 year old girl... do people not see the irony? Man, that pissed me off so much...

While most people were cool, some people were complete a-holes to people who were lingering Trump supporters...The right to protest is completely different from harassing others.

Besides that, Idk. Me and my gf were both just wondering what 80% of the people were freaking out about. Lots of people just started chanting things for no reason...like "THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE!" or "BLACK LIVES MATTER!" It was almost like sheep. Me and my gf joked that we could start a chant by randomly yelling "CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP!" and they'd probably chant along.

But there were some cool, civil people there.
Exactly. Incoherent message. Ineffective public self-indulgent temper tantrum that is viewed as exactly such.

It is disturbing that a girl was deliberately mistreated at a "supposed" women's march. And that's exactly why no one takes those whiners seriously. They don't walk the walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I personally know about 30 women that went to marches in DC, Cleveland and Philly.

The vast majority of them are 100% against not only FGM but MGM too.
Great! Post photos of them at the march holding up their signs protesting FGM. We'll wait...

Old 01-23-2017, 09:00 AM

1,122 posts, read 962,852 times
We know this much, George Soros paid for much of these marches. Seems rather odd to me that this man is always somehow involved. I find it so sad that these women at these marches do not speak up for the women who are abused for even looking at a man. They have acid thrown at them and their faces are disfigured but we don't dare discuss this.

As far as the abortion issue - it will never be repealed and yet it always comes up at every election. Let's work to avoid abortions - now there's a concept. :-)

Women and equality - I know for a fact that women get paid huge salaries in the Mariner Industry - Merchant Marines. My husband runs a tug boat out here on West Coast and his boss is a woman who use to run barges up and down the West Coast.

How can some of those young women that I saw on TV get jobs with red hair- rings in their noses and tattoos on their arms? What are they thinking? Madonna is not one to look up to either...just saying. She is now being investigated for her remarks about wanting to blow up the White House. She has no respect period! I would have to say that many of those young girls went to these marches to see the celebs like Katy Perry-Madonna etc.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Great! Post photos of them at the march holding up their signs protesting FGM. We'll wait...
Is your assertion that one can only care about MGM/FGM if they go to protests?

I got news for ya sister, you're flat out WRONG. I also have news for ya, many of these women have been at protests since the late 90s aimed at getting rid of FGM/MGM. Unfortunately, they were called nitwits, man haters, etc. for their efforts.

Additionally, several of these women lobby their representatives tirelessly to eradicate this barbaric practice. They work to inform and educate others on these issues too.

So you know what I think of your post and your rolling eyes? Less than nothing because I want to see what YOU do for YOU care about before YOU tell ME anything. Because you know NOTHING. How ****ing dare you?

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Is your assertion that one can only care about MGM/FGM if they go to protests?
My assertion is that not even one woman at ANY of the self-indulgent temper tantrum marches was protesting the FGM that currently occurs in our country.

They were all too overwhelmed by being micro-agressed by Trump 'saying' the p-word.

They're apoplectic over a remark, and the attitude they showed in their temper tantrum marches was: Hey... feel free to permanently physically mutilate those girls/women. That's FAR less objectionable than Trump using the p-word.

OMG!!! Trump said the p-word. The horror!

SHAME on ALL of the narcissistic attention-seekers. Drop the play-acting and pretending the faux outrage, and actually DO something USEFUL like donate the millions of dollars wasted on that public display of irrational narcissism to services for women and children who are in desperate need of help NOW.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:11 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Liberals are all having a heart attack because Trump said "*****", and you protest that by using the word "*****" yourselves and wearing vagina hats. (Because that's sure to garner the respect you so desperately seek).
Meanwhile, you defend and seek to import people who believe in this:
-Women abused for not wearing hijab/niqab/burka
-Women abused for being in public without proper male guardianship
-A woman's testimony is worth half a man's
-Women not allowed to drive
-Women not allowed to work
-Little girls being forced into marriage to old pedophiles
-Women abused if they are assaulted or raped
-Women are held captive as sex slaves
-Women routinely physically/psychologically abused by their husbands
-Women have their genitalia mutilated
-Women publicly separated from men
-Women are beneath men in every respect
-A woman's purpose is to birth babies
-Honor killings
-Marry a Christian: die
-Leave the Islamic faith: die
-Be gay: die
-Be accused of being gay: die
-Draw a cartoon of the prophet: die
Oh, but they care about "women's rights". Yeah right, they don't give a **** about women's rights or REAL oppression.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:12 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
My assertion is that not even one woman at ANY of the self-indulgent temper tantrum marches was protesting the FGM that currently occurs in our country.

They were all too overwhelmed by being micro-agressed by Trump 'saying' the p-word.

They're apoplectic over a remark, and the attitude they showed in their temper tantrum marches was: Hey... feel free to permanently physically mutilate those girls/women. That's FAR less objectionable than Trump using the p-word.

OMG!!! Trump said the p-word. The horror!
GTFOH

You have no clue what you are talking about. I'm done addressing this topic with you. I won't stoop to your level of disgusting and nasty lies.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:16 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
I'm a female and have no idea what these marchers are so afraid of/pissed off about. I think they allowed themselves to get whipped into a frenzy over nothing that is based in facts.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Liberals are all having a heart attack because Trump said "*****", and you protest that by using the word "*****" yourselves and wearing vagina hats. (Because that's sure to garner the respect you so desperately seek).
-Honor killings
Oh, but they care about "women's rights". Yeah right, they don't give a **** about women's rights or REAL oppression.
Exactly. That has been pointed out to them MANY times. They simply will not accept their sickening hypocrisy.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:22 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
-Honor killings
Quote:
Exactly. That has been pointed out to them MANY times. They simply will not accept their sickening hypocrisy.
short term memory loss? the US has supported this agenda for decades and decades, both R and D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies