Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:09 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Why would you even say this?^ Right now it's not others, it's liberals and they are the ones currently stooping so low. It doesn't erase this fact to say others have done this in the past.

It is what it is. Right now it's liberals and entertainment attacking a 10 year old boy. Stick with the current situation. Liberals are showing their gross underbelly, you know, the one they have always professed to not having.
...and a week ago, and for 8 years prior, neocons were doing it.

I say this because you are painting with such a broad brush. Clearly many liberals speak out against this kind of behavior and do not condone it.

As I was pointing out, some people are just jerks. Being a liberal, neocon, leftist, rightwinger...has nothing to do with whether or not you are a jerk. Jerks are in both camps doing jerky things.

It's not ALL, or even a majority, of members of either group who engage in this sort of thing.

I'm sorry you fail to understand this.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:03 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,653,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
PLEASE STOP with the faux outrage. Chelsea Clinton was mocked for years because of her looks. Sasha and Malia - who were 10 and 7 when they entered the White House - have been criticized for every single thing including their hair, their clothes, their looks, their complexion, their concert attendance, their private schooling, and their family was called a bunch of gorillas. If you say the White House has a bunch of gorillas in it, guess who that includes? Yeah, the children.

So just shut up. Seriously.
^^This.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:13 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
I condemn with extreme prejudice any person who attacks the minor child of a president, and at this point in my life, I come down firmly left of center.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:53 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I saw how cute Baron was with his cousin and it was so nice to watch a 10 year old being a 10 year old
I agree. Watching Barron playing peek-a-boo with Theodore made me smile, and was one of the more benign and nicer things about the day .

The President had his youngest and oldest so far apart (28+ years), it makes for an odd juxtaposition of relationships. Theodore (Ivanka's little 10 month old son) is actually Barron's nephew, not his cousin.

One of my college buddies is the oldest of 6 in a Catholic family (all 6....same parents). The first four.....barely more than 9 months between each of them. When the fourth was in 9th grade, they had two more, barely 9 months apart. His dad has an engineering degree, and then entered the US Navy, and was a career officer. The kids were 'Navy brats'....they moved all over the place. They didn't want for anything, but they had a modest upbringing.

My friend's dad retired from the Navy, and then continued as an engineer, working for a major defense contractor. My friend...only slightly jokingly....said that because of that income boost (including the Navy retirement pay), the last two were almost like a different family because they were so spoiled in comparison.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:56 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I condemn with extreme prejudice any person who attacks the minor child of a president, and at this point in my life, I come down firmly left of center.
I'm glad to see a liberal here against this!

Old 01-23-2017, 07:12 PM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WDF did the ten year old son of Donald Trump do to deserve such hatred..Barron is a ten year old,yes he is the son of Donald J. Trump but why is everyone mean to him..What has America come to??I may be a Independent that mostly sides with the Democrats but Even I dislike the fact that people say SH|T about Barron simply because he is different If you want to bash someone BASH DONALD J TRUMP he is hateful and he simply deserves it..
This is one examples of why the democratic party is imploding in front of our eyes. They have no message, they have no plan. They just can't accept the reality that they lost.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:28 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
This is one examples of why the democratic party is imploding in front of our eyes. They have no message, they have no plan. They just can't accept the reality that they lost.
Nowhere have I seen the Democratic party calling for verbal abuse of Barron Trump, and when Rush Limbaugh was saying horrible things about Chelsea Clinton, I don't recall that being attributed to the Republican party. Some individuals are just horrible people.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Children have been traditionally hands-off. And yet, some people will take cheap shots at Barron Trump just as they did the Obama girls, and the Bush twins, and Chelsea Clinton and so on and so on.

This isn't a new thing, or a specific party thing.
They have? Take a look at this:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.19d2330c67a7

I don't agree with it, and Obama had to remind everyone after Bristol Palin turned up pregnant in 2008.
Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com

Old 01-23-2017, 07:45 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,614,838 times
All is fair in love and war.

For the Libs/Sewerocrats, it is war and everything is fair game.....including a kid.

Richard "Nazi" Spencer was peacefully speaking his mind.....and a Sewerocrat assaulted him, and the other Sewerocrats cheered wildly!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI

Last edited by tickyul; 01-23-2017 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Grilled-up a crateful of puppies for dinner!!

Old 01-23-2017, 07:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's not a "new thing" but it's never been like this. That child is being attacked by all kinds of people...some of these idiots are losing their jobs over insults to a CHILD!

Seriously, these people need to get a f-en grip. Between Trump working on good trade deals and the lunatics on the left acting like petulant b*tches, the Dems are going to lose their entire base and be left with those who are so off the wall fringe, they will never recover.
See my post above. It's been "like this" forever. Of course, that doesn't make it right. It's not "different" or "worse" now. Do some searches on all the crap said about Amy Carter. And look at all the criticism the Kennedys, all of them, have received over the years. They and the Bushes have the good grace to ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies