Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:53 AM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

I suggest you look at that chart again (from the link in the Yahoo article) and look at the difference of the Bush numbers through 2008, and when Obama started up in 2009. Government did expand in most of the categories.

Heck - I will just post the link myself.

Data, Analysis & Documentation - FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT REPORTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
A reasonable prediction would be one that has Trump realizing he needs the press far more than the press needs "the Donald" to like them.

A constant barrage of "Trumptradictions" published daily cannot fail to have effect over time to convince the voter the guy's nothing but a shill artist posing as their saviour. Like it or not, he must make overtures of compliance to them.

Fox news being the lone hold out and single defender will also be seen as nothing more than a Trump Pravda and ultimately lose credibility with the current Trump fawners.

The last drunk of the wedding reception has long since been taxiied home and the honeymoon is already showing signs of winding down.

He's either got to give his massive ego a rest and let his more restrained cluster members give advice on how it's done or risk having every single stupid utterance (of which there are MANY) put on the marquee.

The public at large cannot help themselves. All propaganda experts agree on that.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
The press chooses to go to war with Trump

Where's the evidence of just who fired the first shot?

Old 01-24-2017, 06:57 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
The media let Trump get away with telling one lie after another all through his campaign.

Fact-checking sites would point out lie after lie, over half of what he said was either mostly untrue or pants-on-fire lies. However, the media let him get away with it.

It was a trap.

If Trump wants to carry on about reporting the facts as starting a war, so be it.

Wait until they start reporting what's coming out of the investigation into his campaign's ties to the Kremlin. The fur will fly then.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:58 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Who cares what the press thinks. They are liars and their continued partisan BS shows they can not be trusted. In fact, everything they say should be dismissed out of hand first.
Try providing some facts to support your claim. Simply flapping your gums and waving our arms around your head doesn't prove anything .

Facts that the media lied about Trumps fed worker claim. Let's see them .

Old 01-24-2017, 07:01 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
People like you scare me just as much as Trump. On what basis do you say they are liars, and that everything is partisan BS? Everything should be dismissed out of hand? So Trump saying it wasn't raining at his inauguration when the rain is visible onscreen should be dismissed if the media reports on it? Is this truly the stance you're taking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Who cares what the press thinks. They are liars and their continued partisan BS shows they can not be trusted. In fact, everything they say should be dismissed out of hand first.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:02 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
I don't have a problem with the media challenging ANY public official on their "miss-statements". That is their job (IMO).

What I don't like is the media peeps who seem to have an agenda and interpret and infer different meanings to things.

It would be nice if the facts were really that simple, but we all know they aren't.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:02 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
The "mainstream media" will be the ones who save the U.S. - if they keep stepping up and pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. If we stop listening to them altogether, there is no more U.S. and I shudder to think what will be left.
Problem is they want to tell us the man wearing a Tux has no clothes. Watching CNN now is so painful with the twists they add to their news.

They are very obviously Anti-Trump and it shows big time. You lose it with that type of reporting.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:03 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I suggest you look at that chart again (from the link in the Yahoo article) and look at the difference of the Bush numbers through 2008, and when Obama started up in 2009. Government did expand in most of the categories.

Heck - I will just post the link myself.

Data, Analysis & Documentation - FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT REPORTS
Look again. 2009 is a turnover yr in which the budget runs on the previous POTUS . It's at 2094. It rises SLIGHTLY, but by no means rapidly and dramatically , for a couple of yr and then goes back down to below the levels of Obamas first year dealing with Bushs budget .

Old 01-24-2017, 07:03 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
People like you scare me just as much as Trump. On what basis do you say they are liars, and that everything is partisan BS? Everything should be dismissed out of hand? So Trump saying it wasn't raining at his inauguration when the rain is visible onscreen should be dismissed if the media reports on it? Is this truly the stance you're taking?
How many years were you in the coma?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies