Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Just want to set the record straight. No, this is not true.

If this were true, no sane employer would hire men ever. Employers, many of them are women, are in the business of making money. If they could pay women less for doing the same job and producing the result with the same quality, they would only hire women.

To believe this is true, one must believe that all employers, men and women, are so stupidly sexist that they would act against the most powerful economic force known to human, the greed, just so that they can hire men.

That makes no sense at all.

The fact of the life is that women typically prioritize family and children over career, and in addition, women tend to take less risky and less physically demanding jobs. This is why we see virtually no women on the oil rigs, fishing boats, forest logging, roof etc. ect. etc. and only a few as CEOs. The CEO's job is very demanding - I know quite a few of them literally live on airplanes, traveling the world and only see their family on holidays. Few women or men would ever want their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:26 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,814,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Just want to set the record straight. No, this is not true.

If this were true, no sane employer would hire men ever. Employers, many of them are women, are in the business of making money. If they could pay women less for doing the same job and producing the result with the same quality, they would only hire women.

To believe this is true, one must believe that all employers, men and women, are so stupidly sexist that they would act against the most powerful economic force known to human , the greed, just so that they can hire men.

That makes no sense at all.

The fact of the life is that women typically prioritize family and children over career, and in addition, women tend to take less risky and less physically demanding jobs. This is why we see virtually no women on the oil rigs, fishing boats, forest logging, roof etc. ect. etc. and only a few as CEOs.
You're talking about it from the women's/business point of view.

Try talking about it from a macro-economic point of view.

Meaning, if I tally up all the jobs held by women, compared the title to men and their salaries would be approximately 0.8. Meaning all women earn 80% of what men make, for the same title.

You're telling me, ALL women takes time off for children/family? Plenty of women are single too you know...

Old 01-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post

Meaning, if I tally up all the jobs held by women, compared the title to men and their salaries would be approximately 0.8. Meaning all women earn 80% of what men make, for the same title.

You're telling me, ALL women takes time off for children/family? Plenty of women are single too you know...
I have a friend working for a large IT company in Canada. She got in for one year and took off for maternity leave for one year. She repeated it two more times to have totally of 3 children. By law, the company can't fire her.

She holds the same job title as her peers who are now three years in her senior. Should she be paid the same as her peers?

Again, women often value family, children, and relationship far more than career. Those who prioritize career higher do rise to the top and get paid more.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I have a friend working for a large IT company in Canada. She got in for one year and took off for maternity leave for one year. She repeated it two more times to have totally of 3 children. By law, the company can't fire her.

She holds the same job title as her peers who are now three years in her senior. Should she be paid the same as her peers?
Don't start with this fairness BS.

We're talking about equal wages for equal work at the government level, not at your company level. Your experience of this issue does not reflect everyone else's.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:34 AM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:

What part of the word "typically" are you having a problem with?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Don't start with this fairness BS.

We're talking about equal wages for equal work at the government level, not at your company level. Your experience of this issue does not reflect everyone else's.
It's not fairness; it is to show you title doesn't mean value.

Again, equal work title doesn't mean equal results or equal value.

Could you give me one example where a woman is paid less but she produces more value than her peers?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What part of the word "typically" are you having a problem with?
This is what I have a problem with, please quantify "typically" for me.

You cannot quantify it, you're only giving me a unquantifiable justification to why wages are fair which isn't good enough for policy decisions that affects the entire population.

In my 2nd post, I gave you a quantifiable justification.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
This is what I have a problem with, please quantify "typically" for me.

You cannot quantify it, you're only giving me a unquantifiable justification to why wages are fair which isn't good enough for policy decisions that affects the entire population.

In my 2nd post, I gave you a quantifiable justification.
The "typical" is reflected in your own number.

The bottom line is that women choose to be paid less so that they can do less work.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:40 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Yet we see things like this

JPMorgan Chase accused of paying women less than men - Jan. 18, 2017

Many employers don't want to hire women because they're worried the women will go out on maternity leave and potentially not come back. Working moms also tend to be responsible for more of the childcare than working dads. They feel like men are a safer bet. Even if they have to pay them more.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:41 AM

1,478 posts, read 789,372 times
Quote:
...in addition, women tend to take less risky and less physically demanding jobs. This is why we see virtually no women on the oil rigs, fishing boats, forest logging, roof etc. ect. etc. and only a few as CEOs.
This portion of what you said certainly is true. There are some women in those jobs but very few because feminism (female superiority with no personal responsibility) is about entrance in white collar prestige jobs that were once entirely male dominated. Men did unfairly keep women out of those jobs (men from impoverished backgrounds were de facto kept out of them too because there was little way they could obtain college education or internships [it used to be that some white collar professions like becoming a lawyer, took place through on the job training via internships, and not necessarily through college]).

The pink vagina cap wearing American women with their march on D.C. are like cops that put up a blue wall of silence for the corrupt, dirty cops. Big hypocrites in short. I hope they keep running their pie holes and keep marching and protesting, whilst acting like silent cops when they hypocritically turn around a support all and every effort to attack the wages of working blue collar men, when they support the US Government arming terrorists, US backed Al Qaida murdering foreign, poor, little children, young boys, and mothers in the Middke East. Because they do a trillion times more to reveal their evil duplicity than I ever could typing words on a keyboard.

I don't believe a thing these hypocrites and two-faced women say.

I listen, and to heart at times, what women like Abby Martin and Tulsi Gabbard have to say, even if I don't agree with all their views. Even if I staunchly disagree with some views they have. But neither of them are akin to the silent cop that backs up corrupt cops to keep the whole culture of corruption and machine of corruption going in the police force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies