Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 11:51 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times

Advertisements

How does reinforcing borders and reducing illegal immigrants equal "wall off the world"? Exactly which part of it is against American laws? The kind of logic people use nowadays.

Does that mean racist as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 11:54 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
How does reinforcing borders and reducing illegal immigrants equal "wall off the world"? Exactly which part of it is against American laws? The kind of logic people use nowadays.

Does that mean racist as well?
Don't forget dumping TTP, NAFTA, ignoring our commitment to the Paris Accord, and trying to pull out of the UN.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Wall ourselves off from the world? Sure we can. It's called Taking America Backwards. We're going to mine coal and make pipe while the rest of the world builds cell phones and high tech products.

It's going to be really, really great. Really Great.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:17 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Anytime I see a spelling error, my first thought is auto spell correct. Drives me crazy how it changes my correctly spelled words into something unlike my intended word. So I give others benefit of the doubt.

And active choice of what we do =/= isolationism.
Apparently a nation practicing immigration control is now called isolationism.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:50 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
I believe that things are always changing and you never know when you're going to need someone's cooperation or help.

At the rate rate we're going we're not going to have a friend left in the world other than Bibi and Putin. Some friends.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I believe that things are always changing and you never know when you're going to need someone's cooperation or help.

At the rate rate we're going we're not going to have a friend left in the world other than Bibi and Putin. Some friends.

Were you one of those kids in school that didn't have any friends so you tried to bribe them with candy?

Old 01-26-2017, 02:08 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
We can trade with them... we don't have to live with them.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:10 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
We can't hide behind walls because we are scared of people who look/pray/speak different or because we are afraid they will compete with us for jobs. That's the reality - for better or worse - of the world we live in today.

Isolating ourselves from the world will create a void that will be happily filled by China, Russia, and new organizations like the proposed CANZUK union. Canada doesn't need us, Mexico doesn't need us ... but we sure do need the free movement of goods and people. Would you rather pay $20 for a head of lettuce or $1,000 for an iPhone?

All across the world (except for the US and Western Europe where Russian propaganda has successfully led people to cower in fear of anyone who looks or speaks or prays differently) countries are uniting and forming unions. In Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Bloc we have the Union State/Eurasian Economic Union. In Latin America we have CELAC, UNASUR, ALBA all of which are closely aligned with Russia and China and led avowedly anti-American leaders like Raul Castro and Nicholas Maduro.

We're endangering our national interests because some rubes in Kentucky and Alabama are scared of Muslims and Mexicans and/or were too stupid to learn marketable skills. Donald Trump isn't make us great again, he's taking us backwards towards becoming an irrelevant rump state. An American version of North Korea. But hey, as long as we stick it to the darkies and the Muzzies it's all good right?
This has nothing to do with 'fear' of people different from us. It has everything to do with economics and public safety.

As for "rubes in Kentucky and Alabama" ... It is exactly because of snotty, ignorant statements like this that Trump got elected.

Let the adults handle this.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:15 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
IMO Trump is going to peeve off most world leaders resulting in them not wanting to do business with the USA.One may think we have all these problems but in reality America is still the greatest country in the world despite what Trump says and is where most immigrants choose to move, and where most people are quite happy with the status quo..

Old 01-26-2017, 02:16 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
We can trade with them... we don't have to live with them.
https://apnews.com/38a2439bb51a4869b...or-border-wall

Yeah, we'll just have to pay more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies