Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:48 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This is fascinating stuff.

It amazes me how Trump supporters view the same thing the rest of us do and totally see it in a different light.

If nothing else, this presidency will be an excellent experiment in perception.
"It amazes me how" Why?

How old are you?

The same thing has been going as far back as I can remember and that is the Kennedy admin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
These same people who love Trump and rally around him every time he speaks are the same people who still think Nixon was framed. The also still make excuses for Bush. Who clearly got us into the war with Iraq.
"The also still make excuses for Bush. Who clearly got us into the war with Iraq"

A perfect example.

The dems not only Supported the actions BUT, the dem Senate Majority Leander CO-SPONSORED the bill.

In fact, he could have KILLED the bill they way ole' harry reid killed so many bills.

And the House Majority Leader co-sponsored the bill.

ALL the top dems voted FOR the bill but, as you see today's dems will NOT take any responsibility for their leaders action and try to blame it ALL on W. Bush.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Honestly, Trump could come out and speak in tongues and you would proclaim it the best speech ever.

Pardon my cynicism.
"Honestly, Trump could come out and speak in tongues and you would proclaim it the best speech ever," and YOU would say it was the worst speech you ever heard.

Pardon my cynicism

Old 01-27-2017, 02:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The also still make excuses for Bush. Who clearly got us into the war with Iraq"

A perfect example.

The dems not only Supported the actions BUT, the dem Senate Majority Leander CO-SPONSORED the bill.

In fact, he could have KILLED the bill they way ole' harry reid killed so many bills.

And the House Majority Leader co-sponsored the bill.

ALL the top dems voted FOR the bill but, as you see today's dems will NOT take any responsibility for their leaders action and try to blame it ALL on W. Bush.
It was a House Resolution, so the Senate Majority Leader could not have co-sponsored the bill that passed.

And the majority of Democrats in the House voted against the resolution.

The majority of Democrats in the Senate did vote for the bill's passage, but it was 29 Yeas versus 21 Nays so pretty close.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:19 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
and yet the interview was the segment of the night as presenter after presenter showed Trump stumbling like a fool and accusing the author of "groveling" when he lacked any real valid or adult response.

That interview played everywhere, well I don't know about Fox, they most likely just played a little bit where trump was bragging about his hands, deal making or his crowd size. (what is it about trump and size? does he disappoint?)

Old 01-27-2017, 02:33 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Love it when a weak liberal like the head anchor guy at ABC gets it handed to him.

I have to say even though I didn't vote for either major party candidate, now I see how Trump won the presidency in an electoral vote landslide.

He has perfect communication skills and is one of the best persuaders in all the land.

I was loving Trump's world class communication skills, while listening to ABC liberal David Muir asking question after question and time after time Trump had a brilliant answer. Muir sounded like a college level interviewer at best.

Muir kept trying to entrap Trump an Trump kept refusing to be entrapped.

Every time I have my doubts on Trump, I see his amazing interviews and now see why he is the President of the United States.
And what his magic boils down to is so simple.......honesty and guts.

You'd think it would have been done long ago. And yes, it no doubt has been, but I'm talking about our lifetimes here. No one else has had the guts, the confidence, the style, to pull it off. He is perfect for our time and comes to office just in time. We were circling the drain.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:38 PM

1,185 posts, read 803,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Uh, probably because both things have been claimed by Trump with zero evidence to back up the claims? Why would a journalist NOT bring it up?

Where were all the left media when Hilary was proven to be a liar by Comey and she went everywhere saying how the FBI said she was truthful?

The left might have mentioned it for 1 minute then went back to Trump bashing for 1 hour.

You wonder why Trump call all these people dishonest.

When their candidate was getting hammered for lying to the FBI, they were more concerned about whose p*ssy Trump grabbed while people died at Benghazi.

You still wondering why he got elected?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:13 PM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Obama talked over the people. Trump talks to the people.
Trump talks AT people, not TO them. I was never a big Obama fan but the man could speak in complete sentences and present cohesive thoughts and ideas, even if it was just double talk and politispeak. If Trump's fervent supporters couldn't understand Obama's speeches because they had words which contained more than 5 letters or 2 syllables then perhaps my wife has been right all along. I credit the average American with more intelligence than they deserve. However, I still like to think that many voted for him out of sheer frustration rather than blind belief in his rabid nationalism.

Clearly, our new POSIC has never had to learn how to speak to people, but to his credit, he never needed to. His money always spoke for him.

I was and still am to some extent, trying to keep an open mind about Trump's brave new world but every time he opens his mouth or posts on Twitter, it gets harder and harder.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
AWESOME trigger Thread!!

Troll them with the truth and they come unhinged and lose all self control. LOL! Friggin PRICELESS!

Old 01-27-2017, 03:23 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I spent the last third of the interview applauding - not figuratively - literally.

"I don't call them critics....I call them fools". That has been so needed for so long....thank you, Mr. President, great job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies