Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

I think the secret is in the sauna. In Finland, they're ubiquitous.

And what does America have?

Hot-tubs -- teeming with bacteria. Like this.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I hope the Finns aren't like the Swede's who accepted Eugenics in the early 1930’s (even before Nazi German who followed a few years later).
What they did was sterilize every individual the government perceived as mentally and/ or physically handicapped. I guess they eliminated a lot of 'stupid' people.
Your virulent hate for anything white reminds me of Nazi Germany. If that's the case, then why is Germany not among the smartest?

Anyway, some cultures get it and some don't. A UK study showed Africans, Chinese and Indians outshown their own (British) while Jamaicans and Arabs did extremely poorly.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
"few parents agonize over college and kids don't start school until age 7."

I also think it has a lot to do with that -- less pressure on kids. In the USA, people are forcing kids, trying to cram them with academics from too early an age, trying to have kids reading by age 4.

The problem is -- kids learn best when they've reached the development -- mental and physical needed to learn. Free play is better in many ways because a child's natural curiosity will have them learning many things -- all on their own. Structure can inhibit.

We're spending tons of money on Head Start programs and pre-school programs and parents feel a lot of pressure to put 3 and 4 year olds into formal settings -- maybe we should try a later age.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:10 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,516 times
Default correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
They are a Finn-Ugric people, with a Finn-Ugric language.
Correction - they are a Finno-Ugric people. Big difference, I know...

Interestingly, the Finns are not related to the Swedes, Norwegians, or the Germans, for that matter.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by Shizzles
Quote:
Your virulent hate for anything white reminds me of Nazi Germany. If that's the case, then why is Germany not among the smartest?
LoL, because America got their hands on the Nazi scientists.
They are the ones who gave America their rocket technology, stealth technology and many other hi-tech technologies.

What makes you think I hate my white girlfriends (although I prefer Chinese women)? Or my other (Dutch) friends?
Skin colour means nothing to me.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles LoL, because America got their hands on the Nazi scientists.
They are the ones who gave America their rocket technology, stealth technology and many other hi-tech technologies.
Would you have rather seen them use it themselves instead? Rather us than them.

Quote:
What makes you think I hate my white girlfriends (although I prefer Chinese women)? Or my other (Dutch) friends?
Skin colour means nothing to me.
It always makes me laugh to see the most virulent Black Panthers going bananas over white women. Still doesn't make them "Non-Racist". What you would think of a white man with a Muslim woman?

Oh, and the "I have (insert race/ethnicity) friends" is the most tired and lame line ever used in the history of race relations.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Would you have rather seen them use it themselves instead? Rather us than them.
America, Russia or Germany, it doesn't matter to me; they are all totalitarian compared to the Netherlands now.

Quote:
Oh, and the "I have (insert race/ethnicity) friends" is the most tired and lame line ever used in the history of race relations.
I prefer people who are openly racist over 'closet' racists or racists who live in the delusion that they ain't 1. Simply because with people who are openly racist I know with whom I'm dealing with. 'Closet' racist simply deny that they are racists.
As I said before: how you look doesn't matter to me, only your actions count in my book.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles America, Russia or Germany, it doesn't matter to me; they are all totalitarian compared to the Netherlands now.
Then you simply don't know the term "totalitarian".

Quote:
I prefer people who are openly racist over 'closet' racists or racists who live in the delusion that they ain't 1. Simply because with people who are openly racist I know with whom I'm dealing with. 'Closet' racist simply deny that they are racists.
As I said before: how you look doesn't matter to me, only your actions count in my book.
The fact caucasions exist is "racist" to you.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Then you simply don't know the term "totalitarian".
Right.
The Dutch already had practiced the forcefully-convert-to-our-way-politics (with their colonies) and accepted that this does not work.
While America still wants to bring democracy & free economy to people who don't want it.

Quote:
The fact caucasions exist is "racist" to you.
That is your limited (American?) interpretation.
To me a Chinese and an African are certainly different but still equal.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 998,752 times
Quote:

That is your limited (American?) interpretation.
To me a Chinese and an African are certainly different but still equal.
Equal in matters of law?
Equal in "gods" eyes?
Or equal in matters of human performance?

That's the real issue...

Anyhoo, Finns are a bizarre race of people. 850,000 Screaming Finns with the equivalent of Deer Rifles kicked the **** out of millions and millions of highly trained, mechanized Russian forces with heavy weapons. They're excellent planners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies