Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 08:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What was the purpose of firing her if it was not just posing by Trump?

Sessions is set to be confirmed sooner rather than later. There was no reason to fire her. He only did so because he didn't like the fact that she disagreed with him.
The new liberal mantra--Whaaaaaaaa!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:11 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Those are a couple of facts and then a lot of Omissions of facts so you can change the narative.

Look at what they are doing people!

Do you see the trick? By removing all of the additional facts I listed, they can imply ambiguity and insert their own intent.

This is an Alinsky tactic, it is a means to shaping issues to any direction you want.

The fact is as I posted here:

1. Yates served as Vice Chair of the Attorney General's Advisory Committee in 2010+ for Eric Holder.
2. It was her responsibility to advise the AG on such issues.
3. In 2011 Obama instituted the same type of EO for Iraq.
4. Yates was silent, as was Holder over this issue.
5. Trumps Order is exactly like Obama's but specifies several countries (instead of just one) from a list to which the Obama administration had identified as dangerous countries and temporarily places a refugee ban for 90 days while procedure and policy can be updated to successfully apply a better vetting process.
6. Yates all of a sudden objects to something she originally did not object to.

The poster is lying, spreading propaganda.
Exactly!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The incoming AG , Sessions said he would have come to the same conclusion so I don't know
what politics have to with this.

Bottom line is that Trump could have waited one more week and had his own AG in office
and then put thru his 6 month temporary ban on travel from those 7 countries , things would have gone a bit smoother
for him in that case. Now we have mayhem which of course is what Trump thrives
on so maybe all planned.
The is a "shock event" meant to create chaos.

It is either to distract attention from something that has already occurred, such as Putin arresting three spies and assassinating a fourth, clear clues that there may be more to the Russian blackmail dossier business than meets the eye.

Or meant to keep attention on this rolling fiasco while something even more nefarious is going on behind the scenes.

We'll just have to keep our eyes open to see what happens next.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
lol. This is hilarious. Someone truly clueless making fun of someone else.
ok scholar- explain to me what is wrong...do you have facts or just more inane bluster? And please do so without parroting some Breitbart word salad trash that your new Daddy told you was wise...

Old 01-31-2017, 08:15 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
She goes out a hero, he still looks like a fool
She'll be forgotten this afternoon.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
I mean, who didn't see that coming?

Basically, she was fired for doing her job but I have a feeling she knew how this was going to end.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
She works directly under the president and can be fired by him, she broke the law which she had no authority to do. Most of the other judges and attorney's are elected officials and not under him directly.
Again, she was not even going to be in office in the next week. The only reason why he fired her is because of the letter she wrote to staff to not defend the order. She had not been notified of the order and had not been able to provide legal advice.

Also, she has a record of bipartisanship. I remember her being employed in the DOJ in GA when I lived there and she had a good reputation with both the GOP and Democrats. I don't think that this was political on her part. I think that Trump willingly decided not to involve her in the creation of the EO and when she caught wind and was put in a tough position, she took a stand based on principals and the fact that she was privy to correspondence and conversations where it was shared that the President was seeking to issue this order based, in part, on blocking a specific religion of people from coming to this country - something which is unconstitutional.

I can understand him not liking her due to her previously being part of the Obama administration, but again, she was not going to even be in the position before the end of the week.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,039,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
ok scholar- explain to me what is wrong...do you have facts or just more inane bluster? And please do so without parroting some Breitbart word salad trash that your new Daddy told you was wise...
lol....like I said. its right here

Quote:
check my previous post here
This is funny. Your 100% certain your right. lol

Old 01-31-2017, 08:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The new liberal mantra--Whaaaaaaaa!
I'm sorry, are you crying?

I would be too if I supported this complete and utter failure.

IF he can't do things correctly, Republicans will start jumping ship too.

Buck up.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:20 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
lol....like I said. its right here

This funny. Your 100% certain your right. lol

so nothing then huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies