Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:38 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Good. She should have kept her pie-hole shut.
She knew what would happen when she defied the order.

Takes a lot of guts to stand up to a crackpot, especially when an EO is illegal.

Good for her. Since her days were numbered anyway, going out in a blaze of glory defending the nation's laws ain't a bad way to go.

Maybe her example will give some Republicans a spine, but I doubt it.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:32 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I DARE you to go to your boss and tell him "I don't like (for political reasons) what you told me to do so I'm not going to do it".
C'mon, show how well you'll stand by your beliefs....

Somehow I bet you'll never do it just as most of those cheering this political hack won't..... Big talk when y'all have noting personal to lose...
Liberals are big blow hards, all talk no action.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:20 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
She knew what would happen when she defied the order.

Takes a lot of guts to stand up to a crackpot, especially when an EO is illegal.

Good for her. Since her days were numbered anyway, going out in a blaze of glory defending the nation's laws ain't a bad way to go.

Maybe her example will give some Republicans a spine, but I doubt it.
True, she could have resigned, she would have been gone either way but she decided to take a stand rather than resign and leave this for another attorney. Evidently several states feel the same way and have filed suits, Microsoft and some other companies that have been impacted have also filed suit.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:31 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
True, she could have resigned, she would have been gone either way but she decided to take a stand rather than resign and leave this for another attorney. Evidently several states feel the same way and have filed suits, Microsoft and some other companies that have been impacted have also filed suit.
Microsoft claims they've been wronged?

Oh my, the irony!

Old 02-01-2017, 11:15 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Oh my, the irony!
Xerox is calling Bill Gates, they feel they were wronged!

What does Gates have to say for that?

Sorry, I had to be literal to your irony statement otherwise some of these kids may not catch on.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:28 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Oh my, the irony!
They have workers from many of these countries on the list.

I can just see Bannon saying, "Hey Donny I figured out a way we can get your Muslim ban going, just start out with these countries, they are already on the watch list and it won't impact any of the countries where you have properties. Who's going to say anything, we will just tell them we're protecting the country from terror, who's going to question that?"

Donny: It's a big beautiful thing Steve let's do it.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrygal View Post
Fired for defying President Trump: Who is Sally Yates?

She followed the law---and her conscience---and was fired for it. Satisfied now?
Sally refused to do her job. She presented no legal justification as to why, only her own moral sense. Similar orders were issued by Obama and she had no complaint. As such she represents a politicized bureaucrat in the DOJ, and we need to get rid of all of them. She just made it easier. Obama has pushed people into many corners of the federal government, and they will be ferreted out, then released.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:40 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They have workers from many of these countries on the list.

I can just see Bannon saying, "Hey Donny I figured out a way we can get your Muslim ban going, just start out with these countries, they are already on the watch list and it won't impact any of the countries where you have properties. Who's going to say anything, we will just tell them we're protecting the country from terror, who's going to question that?"

Donny: It's a big beautiful thing Steve let's do it.
Try to think a bit out of your box. What if Microsoft, Google and Apple were making billions from common core and STEM academic programs, but felt the graduates were incompetent. Why should we hire from outside the U.S. while paying billions to educate our children? Microsoft and friends have some explaining to do.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:02 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
She knew what would happen when she defied the order. ....
I bet she didn't.

My guess, she thought that Trump would let it ride until Sessions was confirmed.

It backfired on the woman and I bet she regrets it.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
This is looking like the school classroom where the kids are out of control due to a lax,easy going "fun" teacher and then all of a sudden a stern teacher is put in place and they then flip out and scream how mean and evil the teacher is because they are now having to actually follow the rules and have some structure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies