Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 05:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
So true! Just today I read a headline on Yahoo news that said "Everyone is Deleting the Uber App." It literally said "Everyone." How stupid can they be? How stupid can they think their readers are?
True. I still have mine!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The entire fabric is not coming apart... a specific segment is coming apart... and that at the coercion and/or payment by others.

Even when the right was unhappy with Obama, there wasn't any of this foolishness... at least not at this level.
Agreed.

Tho to be fair: there were a LOT of "N word" jokes about Obama which WERE really pissing me off after a while since the dude DID win POTUS fair and square.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Dems will get tired of protesting everything. They will soon fade away in re to vocal resistance.
Yeah just like how Occupy Wall Street only lasted a month. You know why? Because many Democrats didn't like it either because they're part of the problem. Now they support Muslims and illegals because they want votes so this current temper tantrum might last a little longer. When it comes to the Dems, all you have to do is follow the money and follow the votes. They're very predictable.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:30 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
I hate politics. I hated both parties. I don't vote. I also have no viable third party candidate I would ever vote for.

I thought I'd be able to ride it out.

Two weeks in and I feel... like i am in a complete state of anomie. I don't like see our country like this. I don't like seeing people I care about feel this way.

It feels gross and I want to escape, but that scares me.

Expect a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE surge in drug and alcohol problems in the next 4 years. I already see it happening amongst supposedly intelligent and stable people.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:31 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
But the media makes it 10000000000000000000000000000x worse! They have some very scary blood lust and I don't understand their intentions.

Almost time for sleep. Give me 8 hours of peace. Luckily I do not have nightmares about real life stuff, but others are not so lucky.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Funny... liberals try to create chaos and then blames someone else for what they caused...

Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
All those nasty, mean-spirited liberals "love this country"? Seriously? Well...they sure have a funny way of showing it.

How is wanted the following to continue equate to loving this country?

Wanting to amnesty the untold millions of illegals who are here. Never mind that many of those illegals are hardened criminals.

Wanting our borders to be unsecured. Never mind that not everybody sneaking in is just coming here to steal a job. Some are coming to harm us.

Having no problem with the current system where politicians on both sides of the aisle are beholden to their mega-rich donors, and thus put said donors ahead of their constituents. In fact, liberals want this rotten, corrupt system to continue and feel threatened by the fact that, if all goes well, it will come to an end.

Wanting millions of refugees from the ME coming here. Never mind that Syrian refugees can't be properly vetted. When the Syrian government fell, passport offices got broken into and now there are untold numbers of fake passports out there that look genuine. Europe quickly discovered this.

There's more, of course, but listing it all would make the post too long.

So...tell us how wanting all of the above^^^^equates to loving this country?
Just to set you straight, liberals do not want all this stuff. We do not want illegals any more than you do.
(Sure, there are FAR left liberals but if that's who you are talking about, maybe you should say so.)

We want secure borders. No one can build an actual WALL. But they can guard that area and catch them and keep them out. They can make the ones who are already here, leave. They can enforce e-verify.

What liberals also want is affordable healthcare--I don't care who fixes it but someone had better do it.
Liberals want good public schools--not going to get that due to the silly woman who is now in charge of education.
Liberals want law and order. Peace. Support for veterans. AND NO MORE WARS.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:48 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
To the OP, yes, I feel the same way. The only way I've found to cope is to disengage periodically. Go for a walk or something. Do something that makes you happy (well, as long as it's not destructive!). And maybe begin ignoring some of the people on this forum who add nothing to the discussion.

The Trumpettes don't seem to understand what's happening here. We are all seeing the very fabric of our country, our government, being torn to shreds. It also seems as if most of Congress is just standing there watching Trump like you'd watch a gorilla start crashing and bashing things in a china shop. They're fixated by the spectacle, but this "spectacle" is getting us into real trouble - and it has only been a few days!

Don't tell me "Obama did this" or "Bill Clinton did that". It's irrelevant to what Trump is doing right now. The divisiveness he has sown, the hatred, the contempt... It's sickening.

I was never a person who paid attention to politics. I sneered and rolled my eyes at George Bush (both of them), but they didn't make me scared to sleep at night. They didn't make me cry on and off all night after the election results came in. Trump has no idea what he's doing, and he doesn't care how much damage he's leaving in his wake. He should be proceeding with care and caution, and instead he's strutting around acting like he was suddenly crowned the king.

This is not a partisan issue anymore. I have a feeling many moderate Republicans are feeling the same way. I doubt they signed up for this circus!

Peaceful protests are necessary since our elected officials seem incapable of doing anything useful. The message is that we will not stand by while this crazy man dismantles everything that has made our country great. I would bet that most of the people marching and protesting are new to this. These issues are too important to ignore - for everyone. We're all in this sinking ship, and I'm not going to just give up without trying to plug the holes.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:57 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
As long as I can keep lots of guns to "ward-off" the insane Dogturdocrat-hordes, I'm fine!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:58 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The chaos is coming from who it ALWAYS comes from. Lefties and the Democrats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
/Thread.
Thank God Trump won vs. that PoS Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies