Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times

Advertisements

I'm nowhere near any liberal bastions. They are spiraling downward... I'm not even republican and I want to live nowhere near the *******s.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-04-2017 at 03:27 AM..

Old 02-03-2017, 06:02 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
But so is Trump. He's not even trying to compromise with liberals. Look at the way he's burying Obama's legacy.

When the country is so split between sides, the best way to govern is to be neutral. Trump needs to stop giving people excuses to riot.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
The left wing is out of power.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:05 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The left wing is out of power.
But they still need to be treated with respect. Since they aren't, they are going crazy.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Right now you're hearing plenty of hyperbole from the party establishment that are unwilling to relinquish their long held control, therefore are on a campaign to frighten people into hating Trump.

In the end...no one can become a dictator and he can't just act unilaterally, he has 2 other branches of gov't that he has to work with.

Like that author of "rich dad poor dad" said, Trump is going to step on a lot of big toes, of course people are going to be angry at him.

Like three wolves in the snow said, people just need to be a little bit patient. Give Trump a chance, stop acting so irrational.

Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
The escalating chaos is simply the result of Trump's unpopularity. He has the highest disapproval rating of any new president ever polled.

Poll: Trump has highest disapproval rating of any new president | TheHill

Old 02-03-2017, 09:25 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
But so is Trump. He's not even trying to compromise with liberals. Look at the way he's burying Obama's legacy.

When the country is so split between sides, the best way to govern is to be neutral. Trump needs to stop giving people excuses to riot.
Or to despise him.

Obama treated Trump with respect and dignity during the transition, in spite of the birtherism and the awful things Trump had said about him. Yet Trump is doing his best to continue to diss Obama.

I actually believe Trump engaged in the "Golden Showers" tawdry episode in the Russian hotel room previously occupied by President and Mrs. Obama. He is filled with that much hate and revenge.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:33 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
As a fellow moderate (I am thinking you are one, too), I doubt very much if the moderates will ever prevail again.

Reasonable debate and arguments are not emotional, so they do not stir passions, they do not generate protests, and they do not garner headlines -- and, thus, those who would argue for moderation do not get publicity and so they are not heard by many. We are drowned out by the noise of extremists and angry crowds.

I try to reassure myself by thinking of the calm that came after the Civil War -- but the Civil War resulted in over 600,000 deaths and hundreds of thousands more wounded, and I just wonder how many deaths will result in the "war" between the extremists on both ends of the political spectrum before 2021.

I wonder -- how will this all end?
^^This. Rationality is DOA. Those of us stuck in the middle just get shoved from both sides.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:38 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
The worst thing about such a left uprising is it will fuel the other side of violence. The KKK are out scouting now as an opposition to the left uprising we are seeing. Soon, this will explode into a crazy left and crazy right brawl.

The truth is Trump won because both parties voted for him, the people who voted for trump don't agree with either crazy side. They want change and thought this would finally bring it.

Unfortunately it's only brought out the crazies so far. Meanwhile, the working class on all sides still has to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Where do these lefties find the time?

Old 02-03-2017, 11:46 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The escalating chaos is simply the result of Trump's unpopularity. He has the highest disapproval rating of any new president ever polled.

Poll: Trump has highest disapproval rating of any new president | TheHill
Same polls that said he would lose from day one. I believe in actual results, not polls that are continuously wrong, everytime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies