Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 07:30 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
Another topic that shows the ignorance of many forumers, those that are not able to speak a foreign language and have never left their redneck town..
Too true. I do not judge people who haven't traveled. There are all kinds of reasons a person might not have the inclination or opportunity to have done so.

No problem either with people who only know one language. Hell, I barely speak a tiny bit of French and Spanish, and poorly.

I don't necessarily find fault with people who do not embrace other cultures. I do have difficulty grasping why many people seem to want to live around and interact only with people who look and think just like they themselves do. I find that a profoundly bizarre approach to existence. I feel we become more fully human when we encounter people from disparate cultures and learn about them, find common ground, and so on.

There was a thread on this very forum a few months back in which the OP asked: "What do you think America will be like in 20 years?"

Several people blatantly said "Browner." And these responses very clearly came with negative connotations. At least they are open about their bigotry.

I do not understand the "Make America White Again" mindset. Exactly what percentage of "brown" is acceptable to these folks? Are darker brown people less desirable? When a person is both dark-skinned and from a foreign land, is there more cause to hate and fear them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 07:43 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawns

Mexico still isnt paying for any wall...go cry
Mexico has been paying for it from the moment Trump said they would.

The fact that one is blind to it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Mexico could take the easy way that was offered, and just cut a check, or the way they seem to have chosen.......

Death by a thousand cuts.......payment by a thousand different streams of revenue, taxes, fees, tariffs, etc.

Mexico is paying for the wall, even as we speak.

CN

Old 02-03-2017, 07:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Thumbs down Disappointing, to say the least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Trump lambastes Pena Nieto in 'humiliating,' 'threatening' phone call - Business Insider

It just can't get any better. God Bless, Donald Trump for having the valor, courage, boldness and intelligence to tell it like it is to failed world leaders.

God Bless, Donald Trump for doing all he can to make america great again. Amazing how one of the most successful businessman

Hopefully, every weak and failed leader gets the same treatment by Trump.

President Nieto in Mexico is very weak just like President Obama was and what Clinton would have been.

President Trump is very strong and tells the failed Mexican president the absolute truth. I love a president who tells it like it is on Mexico.

Mexico is one of the most violent countries in the world and is responsible for the heroin and meth epidemic in America today.

Tijuana homicides hit record high in 2016 - The San Diego Union-Tribune

910 homicides with 1.3 million people in Tijuana, Mexico is reflective of Mexico's values and of how extremely weak President Nieto is.

President Nieto just isn't familiar with how strong of a commander and chief Trump is. He used to weak, United Nationas Globalist leader that Barack Obama was.
Such a disjointed hyperpartisan and utterly juvenile little rant lacking in any way a connection to reality.

Carry on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies