Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Considering that Ivanka is wearing one in that picture above? Please..... stop pretending that Republican party is the party of the blue collar worker. It isn't.

Probably has more to do with the product line itself than the politics behind the name... Then again... Trump's brand has been impacted in other ways since he took office.
we are the party of the blue collar worker. we are the party that cares about all americans.

sorry if the truth hurts and Pedro's post was spot on (sorry bro, c-d wont let me rep you no more)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 06:23 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
I have shopped at Nordstorms for the past forty years. I love their selection and quality. I think they offer a fair value. Their service just can not be beat.

Nordstrom's children's sweatpants are incredibly thick and comfortable and what other store can you go into with a gaggle of kids and have a sales rep walk up and treat you like you're the Queen of England on an outing?

I wouldn't dream of shopping anywhere else for Mother-of-the-Bride gowns and I don't bother shopping anywhere else for most of the things they carry.

I get Nordstrom gift cards every year from family members who are at a loss at what else I might love.

I continue to be appalled by the Trumps and as a lifelong Nordstrom shopper, I was disappointed when they continued carrying Ivanka's lines. But I understood. There is no upside to Nordstrom's getting involved in politics.

However, I do admit to smiling at reading the news.

Sometimes things work out about how they are supposed to.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Nordstrom cuts Ivanka Trump brand of clothing and shoes due to poor sales.

Hmmmmm. Even wealthy people won't buy Ivanka Trump clothing and shoes. That can't be a good sign.

Nordstrom cuts Ivanka Trump brand due to poor sales

Here she is wearing a $5,000 silver gown on the day that Trump bans refugees from entering the country and detains those here with green cards and visas. It was criticized as a "Let them eat cake" moment. The dress can be pre-ordered through Neiman Marcus. A $5,000 dress. Wow, that's a lot of groceries. I could eat for an entire year on that! Anyway, the timing was bad.

Follow
Kierán Suckling @KieranSuckling
.@IvankaTrump's tone deaf, heartless tweet as hundreds of thousands take to streets tonight to protect Muslim refugees from deportation.
11:04 PM - 29 Jan 2017
29 29 Retweets 97 97 likes

I do find it amazing how you PROGS are just fine when one of your own leaders wearing $5000 dresses but want to post this nonsense when the opposing side does?

your disgusting.

PS for future reference, immigration holds and being really rich have nothing to do with each other... other than being a lying point for progs.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:27 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times
I remeber the last tyime I was in a Nordstroms: Fashion Valley San Diego, I was shopping for a fedora, they had plenty in the $125-175 range, went to Pennys next door, got the same brand for $29.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:28 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
we are the party of the blue collar worker. we are the party that cares about all americans.

sorry if the truth hurts and Pedro's post was spot on (sorry bro, c-d wont let me rep you no more)
Sorry.. that simply isn't true... I say this as a person who also voted Republicans in the past.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:29 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd View Post
i do find it amazing how you progs are just fine when one of your own leaders wearing $5000 dresses but want to post this nonsense when the opposing side does?
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
right, because ivanka has to wear overalls and flannels to be in touch with blue collar workers.

The left just does not get that their identity politics is just so superficial.
lol.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
No worries, Ivanka's shoes will be hitting the clearance tables at Nordstrom Rack any day now, so you can pick up your pair of leopard print stilettos for 75% off.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I have shopped at Nordstorms for the past forty years. I love their selection and quality. I think they offer a fair value. Their service just can not be beat.

Nordstrom's children's sweatpants are incredibly thick and comfortable and what other store can you go into with a gaggle of kids and have a sales rep walk up and treat you like you're the Queen of England on an outing?

I wouldn't dream of shopping anywhere else for Mother-of-the-Bride gowns and I don't bother shopping anywhere else for most of the things they carry.

I get Nordstrom gift cards every year from family members who are at a loss at what else I might love.

I continue to be appalled by the Trumps and as a lifelong Nordstrom shopper, I was disappointed when they continued carrying Ivanka's lines. But I understood. There is no upside to Nordstrom's getting involved in politics.

However, I do admit to smiling at reading the news.

Sometimes things work out about how they are supposed to.
well thank you for telling us who you are.

so you think
1. its bad for a store to get involved in politics but are happy when they do... so long as its your side they side with?

its how it should work out? I have walked thru nordstroms a few times. sirts that cost a couple hundred bucks isn't value. shoes that you can find elsewhere for half the price? you pay that other price to be treated like royalty?

classic prog mindset if you ask me. clearly you are good with the 98% waiting on you hand and foot... so long as they do what you tell them to?

ugh. what an utterly disconnected post.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:31 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This illustrates that the people spending $5,000 on dresses tend to be liberals; otherwise, they'd continue to sell.

Limosine liberals tend to be pretty vain, even when they are "flat broke."
But you tell us liberals are all on welfare spending your tax dollars with our Food Stamps Your thoughts are so contradictory you can't remember what you believe.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Sorry.. that simply isn't true... I say this as a person who also voted Republicans in the past.

and I grew up in a politically active and connected democratic family.
yea. The republican party IS the party of the blue collar worker. and what you are witnessing really is a sea-change in politics. democrats just haven't figured it out yet.

the democrat party is the party of the 1%. that 1% tells everyone "we are rich and smart and you will do what we say" but the rest of us aren't buying that junk any longer. CEOs and Hollywierd Celebs with all the money and all the power are NOT the peoples champions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies