Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Let me add a bit of sanity to yet another hysterical diatribe. While Pai may have stated that he's against Net Neutrality that doesn't mean he'll get that done. Kind of like Trump is pro life as many other presidents have been over the last 20 years and yet, Roe V Wade still exists.

Obama and his krew believed all sorts of things and yet, not all of it (thank god) was actually implemented.

So, given that how's about holding on to the hysterics UNTIL something actually happens and THEN start grabbing your pitch forks and torches?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There are millions of people watching TV and basically not paying for it through a variety of ways which makes it more expensive for those of us who do not break the law. My damn Direct TV bill is $130 a month with no premium channels. And you hear these college kids watching everything for nothing or close to it. Everyone should pay their fair share.
cool but that has little to do with the topic at hand.

It is not only your cable bill.

it is

CELL PHONE

CABLE

INTERNET.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
cable box. 1.95 each a month. I could rent the dvr version for like 9 bucks but neither has any buttons on it. Remote only so lose that and you are screwed.
average American family is paying $232 a year. not at all hard to find the information it has been show time and time again...

most families have more than 1 box, families have no choice but to rent the digital box and many companies charge more for it.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me add a bit of sanity to yet another hysterical diatribe. While Pai may have stated that he's against Net Neutrality that doesn't mean he'll get that done. Kind of like Trump is pro life as many other presidents have been over the last 20 years and yet, Roe V Wade still exists.

Obama and his krew believed all sorts of things and yet, not all of it (thank god) was actually implemented.

So, given that how's about holding on to the hysterics UNTIL something actually happens and THEN start grabbing your pitch forks and torches?
Trump promised to look out for the little guy, he promised he would not forget them... yet two weeks in we are already getting ripped off as Trump hands the FCC to Comcast, Verizon , ATT.

V or ATT will buy out T mobile with Ajit Pai in control of the FCC.

Comcast will no longer be forced allow customers to bring their own box. as was planned.

Comcast will soon be able to charge YouTube, Netflix, Amazon to send data consumers .

IN 2010 the FCC forced cell phone carriers and landline services to Port numbers without barriers and in a timely fashion. They(carriers/providers) resisted, they cited costs, and choice as always. But the FCC insisted... Today you can port your cell number in ten mins with no hassle no calls no bs.

but that took the FCC fighting and battling on our behalf.

Pai is an industry shill. Pai is Trump's choice, he put him in precisely because he is the antithesis of Wheeler.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:38 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
This, right here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And quite frankly, every Trump supporter should be raging against this appointment. Why? We'll you know that lamestream media you hate so much? Well they're freaking wealthy, like grossly so. So they can pay Comcast and A&TT to deliver the news and content you despise faster and easier, pushing out other content sources, like Red State and your safe space Breitbart. And without traffic, no clicks, no monetization, no money, no pay bills, bye bye.
This needs to be repeated.

This what the end of net neutrality means.

I'm not a fan or follower of the various right leaning web sites, but they deserve an equal chance on the internet.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:53 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Funny that the Left is more outraged that their cable bill MIGHT go up more than their HC premiums actually going up. I guess they can't live without that propaganda called the MSM.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:55 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Funny that the Left is more outraged that their cable bill MIGHT go up more than their HC premiums actually going up. I guess they can't live without that propaganda called the MSM.
They want everything for free and everyone else to pay their way as usual.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:12 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My damn Direct TV bill is $130 a month with no premium channels.
Who's the chump here?

I have two HD boxes with one DVR. All channels but premium.
I pay $62.00 per month.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:13 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
look guys we got screwed. A whole bunch of us fell for the lies TRUMP spread.

From the moment he was elected he began to abandon everything he promised the average working family.

TRump has increased costs for home loans.

Trump is removing fiduciary rules.

Trump is reversing consumer protection ref FCC. cell phones, cable and internet.

THIS IS FACT, not opinion, not my view, simply facts.

Do they conflict with what you were promised by TRump , well you decide .
No one wants facts. Please stick to your opinions.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:16 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Get REAL OP: Cable is over-rated, and high priced. Many have dropped cable and gone to streaming and Netflix. Also antenna TV. Much cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies