Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:31 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump voters and third party voters gave us Trump.

Still feeling smug?
Third party votes didn't lose you the election. They would have either voted third party or not at all -- like me and countless others. The most ridiculous part is the stupid assumption that Gary Johnson/Libertarian voters would have all voted Hillary. Some would have, this is true. But you're looking at about a 60% Trump/40% Hillary split -- among those few you could have persuaded to vote for either one of them. Most would have just stayed home. It wouldn't have won the election for Hillary. It would have widened the margin of her loss. Might have lost her Virginia and Nevada too. Maybe other states too.

Never has there been a worse of two evils as choices to vote for. It takes a special kind of awful to lose to the likes of Donald Trump. I wonder how the DNC feels about crapping all over Bernie Sanders now? Idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbQtCtxAXM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 11:49 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
As others have said ,it doesn't matter .What matters is Trump and the carnage he is leaving around the country and the world.

The carnage of illegal immigrants no longer being treated like rock stars.
The carnage of no more business as usual in corrupt DC.
If that's carnage.....please give me some more.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a bunch of hooey.

Trump voters gave us Trump. Pure and simple.

They fell for his line of B.S. and the stuff Putin was peddling, and here we are.

This.

I notice the recent trend of Trump-heads trying to put this debacle at the feet of the dems. No way is this on us. Trump-heads praised him and saw him as their key to happiness.

Do not try to pin this on us. You bought into him. He's yours.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo1 View Post
trump voters and third party voters gave us trump.

still feeling smug?

x 1,000,000.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This article is spot on. I would have voted for Barnie Sanders he would have been a great follow up to Obama for historical reasons. No way was I voting for Hilary to follow up Obama. That would be just way too embarrassing. The liberals were way too gun ho in making history and having Hilary as our leader when that is not the job for her. I voted for Trump and I am happy with all he has done so far. In 2020 maybe the donkeys will have better rep, but if its another wimpy liberal, Im voting for Trump again.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:59 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
This.

I notice the recent trend of Trump-heads trying to put this debacle at the feet of the dems. No way is this on us. Trump-heads praised him and saw him as their key to happiness.

Do not try to pin this on us. You bought into him. He's yours.
Plenty of blame to go around here...

Trump supporters for not opening their eyes and looking at Trump for who he is.. a narcissist who is in it for himself and will say whatever he thinks will get him elected. (and did)

The Republican party for not standing on principle and disowning Trump as vocally as they could, even if it meant giving up the election.

the Democrat party for considering Hillary the anointed one and doing whatever they could to subvert anyone else.

The Media for giving Trump as much air time and as much of a platform as he wanted because it made "good TV".

The Media again for saying endlessly that Hillary was a sure thing.. as a result, many people just stayed home.

The Democrat voters who stayed home and didn't bother to vote (see above)

Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Democrats and Independents have been blaming Democrats for not crowning Bernie the victor for months now... did you miss a memo?

Me, I would've voted Bernie. I did vote Clinton. Because... Trump.

I mean, how hard it is to employ something like LOGIC to a vote?

If you do not want Trump? Do not vote for someone who will help Trump win.

Which means, you don't vote Trump, you don't vote Johnson, you don't vote Stein, and you don't write in Harambe or Deez Nuts.

Are people really that ignorant?

I have heard people say they voted Trump, but they were surprised he won and they only voted for him to protest Clinton. But... they didn't think he'd win so they're disappointed by the outcome.

Ummm... saywhat?

It's a VOTE. This is not American Idol. You are voting for the leader of the country.

This same mess happened in the UK with the Brexit vote. Dumb people talking about a "protest" vote.

Well, you best not vote that way unless you are okay with what may be the result.

Good grief.
I agree so much with this! I remember--before the election--a poster here said he was voting 3rd party because "Clinton will win anyway."

It's such a stupid way to vote if you are not OK with Trump. I can't express how frustrating it is that people didn't foresee this result. Now it's too late...

I hope that 3rd party vote was worth it.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:11 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Ummm... okay... hatred aside... what's common sense about voting in a guy who has no clue what he's doing?
Obama had no clue what he was doing and yet he got elected and re-elected.

There is common sense in voting for Trump because he wasn't afraid to tell it like it is. For example, while candidates on both sides were talking so-called "immigration reform" which reasonably intelligent people knew it was nothing but amnesty, Trump was talking about building the wall and getting rid of illegals. He talked about how rotten and corrupt the system is. For those who weren't aware, he exposed that whole pay-to-play system where politicians put their mega-rich donors ahead of their constituents. Trump even admitted to donating money to both sides. He was aware of how it worked and wanted to end it.

One thing libs were clueless about was just how disgusted and fed up the majority was when it came to these issues. The majority was fed up with politicians who refused to correct things. Those of us who voted for Trump longed to have someone who wasn't afraid to address the elephant in the room --- someone who wasn't worried about offending illegal aliens.

Who really knows how to be president? It's not like there is a job requirement that says "Must have experience as a president to run for this office"

I didn't like Obama but I gave him a chance. After all, Bubba balanced the budget so the conventional thinking was that democrats were better at this than republicans. So, I thought that Obama would balance the budget---but no, he made things even worse.

It amazes me how Trump haters immediately started attacking him the minute he took office---even starting a petition to impeach him Not very open-minded, are they? If I could give Obama a chance, you all can give Trump a chance. I guess some anti-Trumps are so invested in hating Trump that they've become blinded by rage and have allowed him to live in their heads---and rent free to boot! Unless that changes, many are going to be miserable everyday for the next 4 (hopefully 8!) years ahead. What a sad way to live one's life

Old 02-07-2017, 12:26 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Because Trump is so much better? Ugh.
Quote:

I swear. Bernie and Trump do have one thing in common. The brainwash ray is strong with the both of them.

I mean, if you're happy with The Donald, then I reckon you voted as you should have, but really? I would have voted Bernie, but I didn't want Trump. I would've voted a potted plant in over him.
Not because Trump was so much better no.

You guys still don't get it.

Republicans could have run a crash test dummy against Hillary and we still would have voted against her.

Why?

The Supreme Court.

There was no way on God's green Earth that we were going to let Hillary stack the SC with possibly 2 or 3 Liberal justices during her term.

No way..

No how.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:29 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Who really knows how to be president? It's not like there is a job requirement that says "Must have experience as a president to run for this office"
1. Stay off of Twitter
2. Attend National Security Briefings and at least attempt to pay attention
3. Recognize the gravity of the position and attempt to learn something about the issues you are influencing
like in the debates where he was utterly CLUELESS about the nuclear triad and had to be schooled by Rubio
4. Stop alienating our long term allies by talking to heads of state in the same tone as you used use to talk to construction contractors.
5. Stop lying. Absolutely nobody is buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies