Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 07:23 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,638,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You lose the moral high ground when you believe in lies rather than the truth...
It's only a lie if it can be proven to be a lie

Old 02-08-2017, 07:23 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,983,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The great majority of Americans can't stand Pocahontas and are delighted that McConnell schooled her.

America isn't Massachusetts.
It doesn't matter that they don't. Free speech is still a value that Americans cherish. Forcing a person to shut up, no matter how irritating the person is, doesn't go over well by many people. We aren't Russia or China (at least not yet). Not everything is about party. For instance, I can't stand Rosie O'Donnell. No matter how much I would like the government to make her be quiet, I still think she has a right to speak her mind.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You have to be an idiot to believe one word you just said... seriously, how do you say a lie straight face and not get embarrassed... you must really wished for a lie to be true... because your statement is entirely false... go back to school and learn logical reasoning...
How am I lying, You said they all preplanned to leave simply to not be there to support Warren, a Statement that doesnt make sense, and can be easily disproven by the fact that Bernie Sanders was holding alive debate.

I dont know why the others werent there, I never claimed to, but seeing as 2 of the missing senators were from Delaware and Another from California, I would doubt what you claim is true.

And as I said earlier, you have yet to prove a single one left for your reason, and the overall argument proven false by Bernie.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,561,967 times
As to the OP, I thought it was silly to silence her, except to note one thing. The Dems are dragging every single one of these confirmations out as long as possible.

Then I have a problem with CNN reporting on it and they said "There's going to be some backlash over this, now the letter will get even more attention" which is very true but then one of the commentators adds something about how it was even worse because she is a woman.

How can you STILL have it both ways? Either women are equal and deserve no special treatment or they are too delicate and need to stay out of politics. Can't be both. Same thing with Hillary during the debates. Tough enough to be there but then crying about everything when things got tough.

Lastly Warren then did a telephone interview with Lemon and had the audacity to say "they are cramming these people down our throats sideways". This is ALREADY the most dragged out confirmation of cabinet appointees in the entire history of America. But yeah, they are cramming them down your throat?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:25 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
When you have posters who constantly lie, constantly manipulate, constantly spout off BS claims, they deserve no better.

It is like in war. You do not try to negotiate with someone who is coming at you with an axe, you put them down and move on.

So, cut out the BS, run along... nobody wants to listen to your lies.
You mean his lies. Remember, he is the one who made the false claim. He is apparently calling me a liar because I cant account for where the other senators were or why they left.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You are frustrating. DNA can't determine what tribe you belong to, but it can determine if you have Amerindian ancestry or not. If you are either East Asian or Amerindian, you will be shown to be part or full Mongoloid genetically. Sub-Saharan African descent would show as Negroid, while European, Middle Eastern or South Asian (i.e. India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) would show Caucasoid
So the most your DNA test MIGHT show is that she has some Asian or Amerindian blood -- which proves nothing.

And she probably doesn't have any of that, anyway.

I actually wish she did.

Then she wouldn't just be an embarrassment to white people, but to non-white people as well.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:26 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,373,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

McConnell used an arcane Senate rule to muzzle Elizabeth Warren. What is this, Russia? Republicans should be ashamed.
This was within the rules and they followed the rules and were within their rights to do so. Why is this even an issue?

Now it's an outrage because democrats didn't like the result? You think if democrats had a majority, they wouldn't do the same or worse?

Old 02-08-2017, 07:27 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
Quote:
I didn't incorrectly state it, unless the article I read that said someone with 1/32nd Cherokee heritage would not be recognized by the three tribes was incorrect

And DNA would prove her to be part of ANY Amerindian tribe, wouldn't prove what tribe
Yes you did. First you said.
Quote:
The Cherokee are likely not going to accept anyone as a member who is less than 25%.
Incorrect. Then you said
Quote:
Actually they do. Someone who is 1/32nd Cherokee for example are not recognized by any of the three tribes.
Incorrect.

When the fact of the matter is they don't use blood quantum. And anyone who is a member of a Native American Tribe, any tribe, knows why. You are simply making up nonsense that you can't defend, and as this example proves changing it as we go along.

Elizabeth Warren is not a Cherokee Native American and nothing that you have posted proves otherwise.

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How am I lying, You said they all preplanned to leave simply to not be there to support Warren, a Statement that doesnt make sense, and can be easily disproven by the fact that Bernie Sanders was holding alive debate.

I dont know why the others werent there, I never claimed to, but seeing as 2 of the missing senators were from Delaware and Another from California, I would doubt what you claim is true.

And as I said earlier, you have yet to prove a single one left for your reason, and the overall argument proven false by Bernie.
And you are asserting that every Democratic senator was in favor of it... you tried to spin it by lying... YOU LIED, GET OVER IT...

8,840 posts, read 4,813,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
As to the OP, I thought it was silly to silence her, except to note one thing. The Dems are dragging every single one of these confirmations out as long as possible.

Then I have a problem with CNN reporting on it and they said "There's going to be some backlash over this, now the letter will get even more attention" which is very true but then one of the commentators adds something about how it was even worse because she is a woman.

How can you STILL have it both ways? Either women are equal and deserve no special treatment or they are too delicate and need to stay out of politics. Can't be both. Same thing with Hillary during the debates. Tough enough to be there but then crying about everything when things got tough.

Lastly Warren then did a telephone interview with Lemon and had the audacity to say "they are cramming these people down our throats sideways". This is ALREADY the most dragged out confirmation of cabinet appointees in the entire history of America. But yeah, they are cramming them down your throat?
To be fair, many of the candidates did not complete ethics paperwork. Also, the Republicans held off
on Sessions because they needed his vote for DeVos.

Billionaire situations are complicated. Viola withdrew his own nomination. I believe Obama
had one billionaire pick and it too six months to sort out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies